Career Officer
# 111
10-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkyss2 View Post
And finnaly, u will laugh to this but its possible, player who carries trico mines can kill his own teammates too. How?
This what happend to me, i was playing with trico mines in pvp match, i have buffed my skills APA, APO, TT1, DBB1, deployed mines under enemy`s ship that was hold, and he used AMS, what happend? - Big boom i killed 2 teammates. Since then i play with tran. mines in PvP, and trico in PvE.
Thanks for this perfect example of OP Tric mines.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Captain
# 112
10-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Tric mines are not really overpowered, I was in my B'rel exploding cruisers all the time earlier today, but tried a few times on another person who always did aoe in time and never died. You just have to change builds to adapt to new weapons.

Nothing wrong with using them in pve either, its the logical counter to large immobile enemies with massive hp.
Career Officer
# 113
10-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Thanks for this perfect example of OP Tric mines.
hows that an OP example? it sounds like counter tacitcs were used to solve the tric problem.

scramble the mine layer and he'll either not use them or use them sparingly.

AMS/ss another counter to tric mines.

unless you were meaning the stacking of TACTICAL powers. which as i said and was told, is what TACTICAL powers are supposed to do.
Lt. Commander
# 114
10-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
hows that an OP example? it sounds like counter tacitcs were used to solve the tric problem.

scramble the mine layer and he'll either not use them or use them sparingly.

AMS/ss another counter to tric mines.

unless you were meaning the stacking of TACTICAL powers. which as i said and was told, is what TACTICAL powers are supposed to do.
We were pounding on a cruiser, he used AMS bcs he wanted to get rid of us, i`m 100% that he din`t even saw that i`m deploying trico mines.
Career Officer
# 115
10-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Tric mines are not really overpowered, I was in my B'rel exploding cruisers all the time earlier today, but tried a few times on another person who always did aoe in time and never died. You just have to change builds to adapt to new weapons.

Nothing wrong with using them in pve either, its the logical counter to large immobile enemies with massive hp.
The thing is, they're not "new weapons". We're just seeing a massive increase in the use of them because so many people recognise their huge damage potential.

As Roach said previously, unhook them from being buffed by Dispersal Pattern. Not only does this deal insane amounts of damage, it's also bugged - if one crits, it all crits.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 116
10-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
We were pounding on a cruiser, he used AMS bcs he wanted to get rid of us, i`m 100% that he din`t even saw that i`m deploying trico mines.
acidentel tactics! even better!
Captain
# 117
10-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
The thing is, they're not "new weapons". We're just seeing a massive increase in the use of them because so many people recognise their huge damage potential.

As Roach said previously, unhook them from being buffed by Dispersal Pattern. Not only does this deal insane amounts of damage, it's also bugged - if one crits, it all crits.
They are really new of course, but have seen new found use recently.

Unhooking them from dispersal pattern isn't fair, DPB3 takes up the only cmdr slot so you give up a lot for this like CRF3, CSV3, APO3, APB3, for something that can be countered even by an ensign ability like TS1 or FAW1. cruisers and sci ships with not many tac stations can use warp plasma or photonic shockwave or repulsors.

I do agree that the crit hit rolls for each mine should be separate though.
Empire Veteran
# 118
10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I like tricobalt as they are. They saved me many times in Kerat warzone.
It is your fault if you decided to come after me (and didn't see it because it is not enabled in your game option) and then complain about it being OP

By the way, you can always use them as well just to feel better. They are not limited to fraction or chose path for your game career.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Lt. Commander
# 119
10-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
acidentel tactics! even better!
Thtat`s true, i wont argue with that at all. I`m just hoping that ppl will understand how trico mines ar not "OP" or "hax", like marc said, they just require few minors mods on the built and players will defend from those attacks. Also i hope i did made a good point with carriers and number of ships...
well, who ever likes mines i recommend trans. or chroniton, u can get really nice bonuses from those mines in both PvE or PvP.
Lieutenant
# 120
10-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
I like tricobalt as they are. They saved me many times in Kerat warzone.
Oh, they saved you? I wonder why that is? Is it cause they're majorly bugged?

>> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=349631 <<

Quote:
I`m just hoping that ppl will understand how trico mines ar not "OP" or "hax"
Oh, they're not OP? How do you explain being able to destroy an entire ship when one of them hits?

These weapons must be terrible, evidence being that everyone now uses them because they clearly agree with this statement...

If they're not OP, why don't you all use Quantum mines? Plasma mines? Photon mines?

Oh yeah, because those kinetic damage types AREN'T OP

Last edited by rjam0; 10-23-2012 at 02:22 AM.