Career Officer
# 141
10-23-2012, 07:26 AM
i still dont get how you dont go into pve with out he? wtf i will never do stf elites and not bring he. gl on borg plasma eating hull and go boom. i just did stf elites in pug with full aegis. infected elite i got the borg tact cube at the end to just 60 hp and got poped. left alone with 3 pt borg i can bring it to around 40 till im worn out and die. and thats with he 1 tss 2. this guy will be lucky if he can get it to 95%.
Career Officer
# 142
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Otherwise they are fine and do as much damage unbuffed as my BO2 (about 20k) and ona crit they still do as much as BO3 (about 40k). I see no issue with the weapon that cant be aimed and has a 60 second CD.
uhm... no... As much as I agree they're not OP, they can crit for more than 260k (one mine) against an unshielded and properly debuffed target....

and they can be rendered useless by almost any ability in game. slot an aft photon mine launcer, and you outweigh almost all advantages a tric miner has.
Career Officer
# 143
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Tricobalt mines are not OP.
They have always been this powerful in damage output and until they where able to be spawned with a Dispersal Pattern nobody used them becuase they where not slot effective on a ship as a single shot, non-moving, unbuffed, easily killed pet that may or may not even work.

Players are using them now becuase you can spawn groups of four and if one CRITS they all crit. Its become a combat Tactic to use a power to stun,hold or otherwise incapacitate a target, spew mines on them and wait for the boom.

Remove thier ability to be effected by Dispersal Patterns and the Tric mine goes back to being the semi-useless weapon it was before. To be used only by the occassional crazy PvP'er and lunatic plinker.

Otherwise they are fine and do as much damage unbuffed as my BO2 (about 20k) and ona crit they still do as much as BO3 (about 40k). I see no issue with the weapon that cant be aimed and has a 60 second CD.
really roach? put 6 points into mines and see what a tric will do. know why you could not spwn more then 1 tric with dispersal Pattern? because of this crap atm. my fleet mate is a sci and just poops out 1 tric mine that can do over 80k. wtf? now picture 2-4 mines.
Captain
# 144
10-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I think everything should have a counter.

I think tricobalt mines have a counter in PvP, and further I think they're balanced.
Look noob, I don't know how long you've been playing but I've been playing a whole day longer than you and I think you're a complete dumba$$. If you had any idea what's really going on you would know that tric mines have a counter unless they're paired with AMS or Temporal Backsderp.

AMS you literally can't skill against, can't evasive away, and using the AoE counters to tric mines are exactly what you shouldn't be spamming because you're eating SSusage. Plus, you can't see anything, so how would you even know the mines are there?

Temporal Backsderp, don't even get me started. What was supposed to be a "timeout" instead of a hard stun has become the first click in a 2 click kill. *this effect cannot be resisted*

So yeah, tric mines might be balanced if everything else had a counter, but everything else doesn't. Maybe when you've been playing as long as I have you'll understand that. Good thing you're so handsome because you're not going to get by on brains.
Empire Veteran
# 145
10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
really roach? put 6 points into mines and see what a tric will do. know why you could not spwn more then 1 tric with dispersal Pattern? because of this crap atm. my fleet mate is a sci and just poops out 1 tric mine that can do over 80k. wtf? now picture 2-4 mines.
Hence why I said, dis-associate Trics with Dispersal patterns so the BOff ability does not work on them.

One mine, even a 80k mine, can be countered by fore thought if you are prepared or even lucky circumstance if AoEs happened to be in use in combat.

4+ mines are overkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Empire Veteran
# 146
10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post

AMS you literally can't skill against, can't evasive away, and using the AoE counters to tric mines are exactly what you shouldn't be spamming because you're eating SSusage. Plus, you can't see anything, so how would you even know the mines are there?
How is this scenario any different from AMSing a target, applying TB and then shooting them with a fully buffed Tac Alpha or a wave of Tac buffed Tric torpedos?

Quote:
Temporal Backsderp, don't even get me started. What was supposed to be a "timeout" instead of a hard stun has become the first click in a 2 click kill. *this effect cannot be resisted*
This ability is just stupid and never should have been allowed.*

* My angst against it stems from the fact I hate time travel in Star Trek as a general rule.
Quote:
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Empire Veteran
# 147
10-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
uhm... no... As much as I agree they're not OP, they can crit for more than 260k (one mine) against an unshielded and properly debuffed target....

and they can be rendered useless by almost any ability in game. slot an aft photon mine launcer, and you outweigh almost all advantages a tric miner has.
260k?!? Thats one hell of speciality build and a lucky crit on an already set-up and softened target to get that much damage.

Emo Joe does it well (he is the only one I know who has come even close to 260k) but is very much specially built to do so and that is its own weakness.

I find it no worse than the Defiant-R/ BoP player who has specialized in the BO3/Tric torp alpha combo to maximize damage.

I still say remove them from being buffed by DP and leave them the single slow shot heavy hitting mine.
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 148
10-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
this is so far from the truth. would you like to 1v1 my pvp tact ship? ill even jump out of my bug ship and hop into my defiant. ill pwn you so badly you will look at your fail pve ship and hang your self in your quaters.

btw check this link
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...pswithresist_0

so even tho i did spec resist i still got sci skills and hard dps. and to be honest i can free up alot of points in that build and spec more in resist for hull or go ground. so really what can you do tahts so different? spec torps? lmao
Wow really! Please reread my post as it looks like you don?t understand what I posted if you think beating me in PvP proves PvP does more DPS. LoL as much as you want but for PvE your PvP setup is low DPS compared to a high end PvE setup.

Torps are great for PvE as you come across lots of unshielded targets with high hit points and in that case torps out damage energy weapons.

But if you want sure I can take my PvE setup against your PvP setup in 1v1, not that it will prove much but might be fun. Logging into game now if you are around.

“i still dont get how you dont go into pve with out he? wtf i will never do stf elites and not bring he. gl on borg plasma eating hull and go boom. i just did stf elites in pug with full aegis. infected elite i got the borg tact cube at the end to just 60 hp and got poped”
Well you can use Multi-Regenerative to clear the Plasma Dot or as I prefer take Plasma energy resistance as it cuts the Dot damage in half. Never had a problem with Borg Plasma on Elite and found it is only PvP were I have to scale back DPS to take science skills. In PvE I can run without any sci skills but thats death in PvP.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 10-23-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 149
10-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
ohbut you see, they dont spec for defense so they go insta-pop. it wouldnt be a "fair" fight
I wonder if thats part of the reason why the Borg one shot players so easily? The whole not speccing for defense, that is.
Quote:
Career Officer
# 150
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post

Oh that sounds like tactics again to me. "Properly debuffed target" yup. Tactics

Seems like tactics are the biggest problem to the game.

Also I love watching someone back step then putting my mines where they'll end up. Soon as the rewind is over- boom!

Also, did anyone else catch that redricky yelled at himself?