Captain
# 281
10-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
Nono, not aggro on everything, they should only target hostiles, but when they splode, the explosion should affect everyone close enough. Friend or foe. Hence the splash term. Then it would work just like the torp version.

This would fix everything except the Temporal Backstep, but this should be addressed seperately anyway.
Ye thats what I meant, but wouldn't the splash kill of the other mines ? One hit, other are destroyed by splash...
Career Officer
# 282
10-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Ye thats what I meant, but wouldn't the splash kill of the other mines ? One hit, other are destroyed by splash...
hmm... interresting point... How does this work with tric torp spread? I'm pretty sure they don't kill each other. For some reason, I've never seen my tric torp splash hurt my tric mines, but that may be because they're not armed yet...

I guess they could just make the tric mines impervious to Tricobalt damage? It's not like anoyone is relying on tric torps to shoot down tric mines anyway...

Or, and this may be even better, they could make all the mines detonate simultanously once one of them reaches it's target. This way, there's a chance the splash damage from some of them would not even reach their main target.
Captain
# 283
10-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
hmm... interresting point... How does this work with tric torp spread? I'm pretty sure they don't kill each other. For some reason, I've never seen my tric torp splash hurt my tric mines, but that may be because they're not armed yet...

I guess they could just make the tric mines impervious to Tricobalt damage? It's not like anoyone is relying on tric torps to shoot down tric mines anyway...

Or, and this may be even better, they could make all the mines detonate simultanously once one of them reaches it's target. This way, there's a chance the splash damage from some of them would not even reach their main target.
That's easy to explain. There is sufficient delay between tricobalt torpedoes so they do not affect other. Problem with mines is, that they can hit pretty simultaneously, especially if target tries to avoid them. This might not happen with 4 mines, but happens frequently with 14.

So while adding splash dmg to mines would be great in regards to tricobalts, it would ruin any other mines, except concentrated tachyon ones.
Empire Veteran
# 284
10-26-2012, 03:41 AM
if tric mines had splash to all, DPB would be useless
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 285
10-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if tric mines had splash to all, DPB would be useless
If DPB didn't affect tric mines at all, as some players seem to think, it would be even more useless.

If they could splash to all, except each other, I could think of a lot of ways to use them.
Empire Veteran
# 286
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Thats the issue with Tric mines. Useless before the changes, too powerful after and if changed they go back to useless....
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 287
10-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
If DPB didn't affect tric mines at all, as some players seem to think, it would be even more useless.

If they could splash to all, except each other, I could think of a lot of ways to use them.
They're not useless. Theyve been on my torp/mine cruiser build for a long time now and they worked fine hefore the buff. They just weren't one shot wonders before, but they still served their purpose to stun and knock off an extend here and there. A single alpha buffed tric crit can still get a one hit as Ricky's non-patterned tric's have shown. I'm not as bothered by that as the other 3 mines in a beta pattern also crit'ing one hit numbers. Husanak has gotten above 250k per mine before. Do we really need that x4? 1mil damage spikes?
Career Officer
# 288
10-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
They're not useless. Theyve been on my torp/mine cruiser build for a long time now and they worked fine hefore the buff. They just weren't one shot wonders before, but they still served their purpose to stun and knock off an extend here and there. A single alpha buffed tric crit can still get a one hit as Ricky's non-patterned tric's have shown. I'm not as bothered by that as the other 3 mines in a beta pattern also crit'ing one hit numbers. Husanak has gotten above 250k per mine before. Do we really need that x4? 1mil damage spikes?
hmm.. I also have a 1 mill hit... http://imageshack.us/a/img441/5363/1mill.jpg

still, before the new DPs, the last time I saw tric mines used successfullly in PvP was during the Scramble-feast period. (season 1.2?)

But as I keep saying, splash-to-all would fix it fine.
Captain
# 289
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
But as I keep saying, splash-to-all would fix it fine.
What about all splash-to-all?

Friendly fire... Tyken's, Gravity, Plasma, Theta, etc, etc, etc...
Career Officer
# 290
10-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
What about all splash-to-all?

Friendly fire... Tyken's, Gravity, Plasma, Theta, etc, etc, etc...
I'd welcome it, but I'm afraid that would be a whole differnt game. Splashy trics we already have as torps, so it wouldn't change much.