Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,296
# 71
10-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I flew through the scene of the crime, not some random point in space, while they were respawning. I knew trics were in play.
Ah, knowing they were in play - okay - different then...
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 856
# 72
10-22-2012, 07:37 AM
My personal opinion is that, with the change in mine rules, they should have reinstated the friendly fire mechanics to tric mines. Other than that, yeah getting hit is a result of lack of AoE powers. Not a big deal in premades or pugmades, but in PUGs 1 B'Rel can decide the whole match.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 73
10-22-2012, 09:23 AM
I think the dmg can stay as it is... yes its high and they can be one shot weapons... and I think for a 1 min cool down on something easily destroyed thats ok.

However... I think they did get a bit of a MES value like the rest of the mines... I think that should go. They should be the easiest of all the mines to kill.

They also should not be able to proc Rifts at all.

I would also love to see there AOE radius reduced... or perhaps even removed. Right now they can be more annoying then dangerous causing disables when they run into spam. I have also seen people blow up when they hit a photo fleet 3k away or another mine which is always funny... Dropping them in the other teams mine field is always funny. It would also tone down the WTF nature of seeing 2 or 3 people die at once, which is just crazy... and again considering all the spam that can still be created, even if the other team is using aoe I have still seen tric mines take out 2 people at once.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 74
10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
One shot kill weapons doesn't seem right in a game like this. Feels like I'm playing a shooter now. Since when is there headshots in space?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 75
10-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Headshots no, Tricobalt GLORY yes!
Dude... Activate CSV or FAW to get em. So easy. Hell even if you run with fighters they should be no problem.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 76
10-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Headshots no, Tricobalt GLORY yes!
Dude... Activate CSV or FAW to get em. So easy. Hell even if you run with fighters they should be no problem.
I hit headshots aren't much different. I'm not saying its hard to kill tric's. I'm saying a one hit kill doesn't feel right for this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 77
10-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
I think the dmg can stay as it is... yes its high and they can be one shot weapons... and I think for a 1 min cool down on something easily destroyed thats ok.

However... I think they did get a bit of a MES value like the rest of the mines... I think that should go. They should be the easiest of all the mines to kill.

They also should not be able to proc Rifts at all.

I would also love to see there AOE radius reduced... or perhaps even removed. Right now they can be more annoying then dangerous causing disables when they run into spam. I have also seen people blow up when they hit a photo fleet 3k away or another mine which is always funny... Dropping them in the other teams mine field is always funny. It would also tone down the WTF nature of seeing 2 or 3 people die at once, which is just crazy... and again considering all the spam that can still be created, even if the other team is using aoe I have still seen tric mines take out 2 people at once.
I dont think i like the DMG you should not be able to take out 3 people on a team and almost a 4th with 4 mines like we saw last night....

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 78
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Add bells and whistles and little glowing streamers out thier rears so all can see them when they are used. Add in a voice over that cries aloud " Mines have been used" and little black and yellow drones that warn all players that come too close to be careful.

I'll start replacing the energy sources of thegames torpedos with cole slaw and someone else modify all the enegry weapons to give an annoucement when they are fired so no one is caught offguard in combat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,296
# 79
10-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Add bells and whistles and little glowing streamers out thier rears so all can see them when they are used. Add in a voice over that cries aloud " Mines have been used" and little black and yellow drones that warn all players that come too close to be careful.

I'll start replacing the energy sources of thegames torpedos with cole slaw and someone else modify all the enegry weapons to give an annoucement when they are fired so no one is caught offguard in combat.
Methinks you doth protest the protest too much...

While it's entirely possible that you're just raging against an overall issue (and this is the most likely case) - it's still kind of coming off as something else...
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 80
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Add bells and whistles and little glowing streamers out thier rears so all can see them when they are used. Add in a voice over that cries aloud " Mines have been used" and little black and yellow drones that warn all players that come too close to be careful.

I'll start replacing the energy sources of thegames torpedos with cole slaw and someone else modify all the enegry weapons to give an annoucement when they are fired so no one is caught offguard in combat.
I hope this is sarcasm because I don't care for coleslaw.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.