Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Empire Veteran
Yes...we all know that we're gonna have a lot of Romulan stuff in season 7, I am honestly looking forward to it.

But what's the real cost? I don't think it's time, or marks, or dilithium, or DOFFs, or commodities, or anything else it might cost. No no no...the real cost is this:

The life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd call that...a bargain.

Empire Veteran
# 2
10-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Keys, lots of keys and more grinding than a mid-evil apothecary

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcapulet View Post
Keys, lots of keys and more grinding than a mid-evil apothecary
Don't forget plenty of DL too that you'll pretty much have to buy ZEN to get because they are taking away or drastically slashing most of the DL rewards for just about everything and adding DL costs to everything!
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-22-2012, 04:41 PM
It just mean that every one is to get a second job to buy the zen with.
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
*sigh* Nobody seems to have gotten the joke.

Survivor of Remus
# 6
10-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Its A Fake!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbommx1 View Post
its A Fake!!!!
It's Real!!!

Captain
# 8
10-23-2012, 01:15 AM
we get the joke, but much like the episode it's referring too, there is an underlying issue present which shakes the very federation itself. For the actions of a select few are going to have a major impact on us all. The wants of the many are being outweighed by the wants of the few and much of the game has been monetized in some form or another to make Cryptic more money. But at 0800 hours forum time, Cryptic formally declared war against the fanbase. They've already struck dilithium sources along the 'Dailies' border. So, this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire game! There's even a "Welcome to Season 7" party tonight in the boardroom!... So... they lied, they cheated, they bribed players to cover up the crimes of with C-store goodies, they are an accessory to murder(ing a fun game). But most damning of all... I think they can live with it... And if they had to do it all over again... they would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will have to learn to live with it...Because they can live with it...I have live with it.

Computer, erase that entire personal log.
Captain
# 9
10-23-2012, 01:17 AM
But in all seriousness, it was meant as a joke but in reality it hit close to an actual issue which causes more of a discussion. I got the joke, it's not much but i got the joke.
Career Officer
# 10
10-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Don't forget plenty of DL too that you'll pretty much have to buy ZEN to get because they are taking away or drastically slashing most of the DL rewards for just about everything and adding DL costs to everything!
But Dilithium will still be easy to earn in the game. Just not with STF's - but with the other stuff.

Really, what is the issue?