Ensign
# 11 So Much win.
10-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Awesome pictures!
(I am a newb to the forums but not the game..)

I only managed to get my picture taken with Manu (Icheb) as I saw him coming out of his autograph booth late on the sunday.

I really enjoyed it, although it was a little mismanaged and organised.

I had a lovely banter with Brent Spiner! Such a happy fellow!

I really enjoyed it and would have loved to have seen/met more people.

I got a bit star struck when I saw Martha Hackett walk past me after leaving her autograph booth too.

But still not bad for my first convention !

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...79590527_n.jpg This is me and Icheb!
Captain
# 12
10-22-2012, 10:11 AM
You must have been in the Sunday Shatner and Kate talks, as the Saturday ones, he did actually answer the questions mostly (very few were actually Trek related). Though he did seem a bit distant in the sunday morning shoot, I walked in and said "Morning". He didn't reply, though once the photo was taken, he did throw out a warm "Good Morning" as I was leaving. So I'm happy.

Avery was fantastic and full of energy in his Friday shoot. Joking, talking to us, and even said in his talk (Saturday), said people in these conventions are treated like cattle in photo shoots. And he doesn't think that's right. These fans have come to see them, to interact with them, so he will give them that time. He recounted one time the organisers said he was taking too long and needed to speed up, so he just looked at them and replied "I'll take my own time" and took his time with the fans. Avery Brooks has gone way up in my estimation for the man. He's very mellow, very philisophical. Though his favourite answer when asked baout trek episodes was "I didn't write any of it. Ira Behr is here, you should ask him." Became a running gag in the talk that even he acknowledged. He even sent someone off to get Cirroc on stage. The two clearly have a close relationship still.

I'm not going to post up all my pics, as I have over 111 when I took them off my camera. But that was a damn good weekend.

Quote:
Whoa! When did Kate cut off all of her hair?
She mentioned this in her talk. It's for an upcoming role where she plays a scary Russian lunch lady in a prison.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'

Last edited by grylak; 10-22-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
She mentioned this in her talk. It's for an upcoming role where she plays a scary Russian lunch lady in a prison.
Taco Approves.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 14 Love the pics
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
From the photos you were sat a few rows over from me in the opening , I too have all my pics with the guy holding up the iPad ! It was a great weekend and it was a blast to see so many sto players!

The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
twitter us at sccfleet.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebanshee View Post
Nice photo. Every time i walked passed Icheb his line was massive. He seemed really popular for what was quite a small role.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 16
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Awesome pics, Captains! Thanks for sharing!

A few of my Twitter followers passed along the following link that has a video from the BBC. STO is mentioned by a player at the end  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20002297 (click the arrow that overlays Bakula at the top to play it)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 17
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Awesome pics, Captains! Thanks for sharing!

A few of my Twitter followers passed along the following link that has a video from the BBC. STO is mentioned by a player at the end  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20002297 (click the arrow that overlays Bakula at the top to play it)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The official programme you buy on the door also advertised STO on one page.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 18
10-22-2012, 11:22 AM
It was at the wrong end of the country to me, but I really wished I had made the effort and gone. It looked great.

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.
Ensign
# 19
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Nice photo. Every time i walked passed Icheb his line was massive. He seemed really popular for what was quite a small role.
Wow, I never saw many people in his line when I passed towards the end of the day.
In the morning his row was quite full, but Im glad I caught him when he left
Such a nice guy and he had really nice rings on.

Did any of you get the chance to see the klingon guitar from the monster ball?

I was very fortunate enough to hold it!

Such a lovely guitar and a lot of signatures on it too

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78498574_o.jpg

Such a lovely guitar!
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Pretty certain all Gold Pass holders got him as one of their six in-person autographs