Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
The only thing I havent been able to figure out is can I join a fleet, buy the uniform and then leave and still have the uniform? And if so is there a fleet willing to let me do this?
As the transaction for fleet uniforms at least sounds identical to that of fleet store requisitions, I would assume you could do that...

...which further distorts the meaning behind 'Fleet Uniform' and suggests it should be more of a 'Designer Outfit for the Enterprising Officer'. Har. But then there're probably fleets out there that would let you.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Career Officer
# 22
10-24-2012, 09:49 PM
It's been a few days since I checked this post, since I wanted to give the thread time before replying.

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has agreed and understood my views. For those who saw this as a complaint of not being able to get the uniform; It's not about that. It's a real drag, even on those of us who have mains to acquire the uniforms for our own alts. I wouldn't mind if they were account bound.

Though, I wouldn't mind having the cost reduced. It would help out the casual players acquire them sooner. As it stands, my fleet is undecided on an official look. Since we can't exactly use the new uniforms without making the casual players feel left out. I have even considered making two official uniforms, even then, it's still leaving players left out. Some may even feel singled out, not as 'good' as those with the Ody uniforms.

In some way, I feel this is some sick twist on Cryptics part. They made us give up x amount of hours and resources for the ability to unlock the uniforms. Only, to tell us later that fleets cannot fully utilize them as we originally thought we would.
Ensign
# 23
10-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
The only thing I havent been able to figure out is can I join a fleet, buy the uniform and then leave and still have the uniform? And if so is there a fleet willing to let me do this?
All you really need to do is have someone that's in a fleet that has the Tailor invite you to their Starbase, you can buy the fleet uniform from their tailor regardless if you're in their fleet or not.
Captain
# 24
10-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrandman View Post
All you really need to do is have someone that's in a fleet that has the Tailor invite you to their Starbase, you can buy the fleet uniform from their tailor regardless if you're in their fleet or not.
That would require somebody willing to let me do that... so far I havent found anyone...
Empire Veteran
# 25
10-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
That would require somebody willing to let me do that... so far I havent found anyone...
I wouldn't mind it. I mean, it's just a uniform, not something more massive like a fleet ship. It takes no provisions or anything.

Captain
# 26
10-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I wouldn't mind it. I mean, it's just a uniform, not something more massive like a fleet ship. It takes no provisions or anything.
Managed to find someone tonight, by asking in zone chat for a few minutes. But I'll keep you in mind... I have 2 alts that will need to get it eventually... and its listed as basic... so I can only imagine there will be another one.
Captain
# 27
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Hey, mimey whats your ingame name, Im looking to grab the uniforms on another couple characters.