Career Officer
# 21
10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Well then take the 10th console off the typhoon if you want to. This is STO after all.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Captain
# 22
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Both ships are more or less the same size, the actual roles don't matter, STO classifications are stupid anyway.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 23
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Listen guys... Siege Dreadnaughts are not practical for users end of story... they are not meant to be flown around they are essentially moving battle stations. They do supply work and siege attack/defence.

The only time they would be useful to a player is in a PVP variant where one player is in a dreadnaught and defended by his team mates whilst the other team tries to destroy it.

It's not practical it wasn't designed for mobile space combat.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 24
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Listen guys... Siege Dreadnaughts are not practical for users end of story... they are not meant to be flown around they are essentially moving battle stations. They do supply work and siege attack/defence.

The only time they would be useful to a player is in a PVP variant where one player is in a dreadnaught and defended by his team mates whilst the other team tries to destroy it.

The Jupiter Dreadnought was only recently made (put) into the siege role for the new fleet missions. No one is saying they want to fly the Jupiter "Siege" Dreadnought. That'd be ridiculous. The Jupiter and Typhoon have both been around as normal ships since the beginning of the game, recently the Devs have found more and more uses for them.

Which just tantalizes me further

There is also the fact that many "boss" ships have exaggerated HP and would not reflect upon the stats of the player version (if and when it is released).
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Rihannsu
# 25
10-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Um, all ingame fighters and pets have their own model.
Stinger
Raider
Naga
This includes the Gorn shield drones and the Orion Marauders.
The only fighters to share a model is the Romulan T'lis and the Generic Fighter.
I could have sworn I'd seen To'duj-like fighters in engagements against all those species, are you sure that's not a recent change? In my defence, the T'lis and interceptor do have similar lines to the To'duj. I do know that at launch, the few times fed fighters appeared in the episode missions they used the generic model.
Career Officer
# 26
10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

As quiiliitiila (sorry if I butchered that) said, the Siege Dreadnaughts are boss ships, not really any more relevant to this than the Borg Vo'quv from KA or any other boss ships that have playable counterparts. The Jupiter, Warbarge, Ravager, and Balaur "player versions" can easily be entirely different ships, combat-wise.

Plus, there's the fact that the Odyssey and Bortas'qu (both PLAYABLE ships) have Seige Dreadnaught counterparts, and nobody says anything about those two being "impractical." Just sayin'.

And no opinions on my "Broadside Cannons" idea? I'm hurt. I was so proud of this idea as a way to make Dreadnaughts viable.

Finally, as I said in my previous two posts, YES the Typhoon and Jupiter are both ugly. But they have POTENTIAL. A little polish, maybe some (minor) redesigns, and we could have some pretty nifty, unusual, but all around cool-looking ships. And they're clearly still in the minds of the Devs. I mean, they gave 'em both the new Mirror Universe makeover recently, and psychoticvulcan pointed out that the Jupiter is now slotted in Fleet Alerts. So they're neither gone nor forgotten.

So Devs, why not take that extra step and make us pay for something we WANT to pay for?
Career Officer
# 27
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
I could have sworn I'd seen To'duj-like fighters in engagements against all those species, are you sure that's not a recent change? In my defence, the T'lis and interceptor do have similar lines to the To'duj. I do know that at launch, the few times fed fighters appeared in the episode missions they used the generic model.
In your defense; as you said, a number of the other species ships look similar to the To'duj. However, as far as I can remember there have always been "unique model" specie fighters.

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Captain
# 28
10-23-2012, 02:15 PM
A bit off topic, but related to the fighters, does anyone have images of the Tachyon Drones?
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 29
10-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husnock1 View Post
As quiiliitiila (sorry if I butchered that)
Nope, you got it!

Quote:
And no opinions on my "Broadside Cannons" idea? I'm hurt. I was so proud of this idea as a way to make Dreadnaughts viable.
No, I haven't commented on them in THIS thread
However, in my Jupiter Forums we've discussed the possibility of the side cannons (weapons) for a while. (Link[s]) in my signature.

Quote:
Finally, as I said in my previous two posts, YES the Typhoon and Jupiter are both ugly. But they have POTENTIAL. A little polish, maybe some (minor) redesigns, and we could have some pretty nifty, unusual, but all around cool-looking ships. And they're clearly still in the minds of the Devs. I mean, they gave 'em both the new Mirror Universe makeover recently, and psychoticvulcan pointed out that the Jupiter is now slotted in Fleet Alerts. So they're neither gone nor forgotten.

So Devs, why not take that extra step and make us pay for something we WANT to pay for?
Preaching to the choir here.

-Quiiliitiila
Career Officer
# 30
10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
A bit off topic, but related to the fighters, does anyone have images of the Tachyon Drones?
I think they look similar to the siphon drones, but I don't own them... I also think they are a bluish, but again. That's speculation.