Career Officer
# 51
10-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
[...]
I remember an DS9 episode where O'Brian was infiltrating the orion syndicate and there's something related to a Klingon ambassador. I don't remember that precisely but there are Klingon embassies and ambassadors.
Or think of the movies, even if you don't count ST V. I generally have the feeling that many people here have a very one-dimensional view of Klingons.
Not all Klingons are warriors, because someone has to build all those ships, inhabit planetary colonies, and so on. There are Klingon doctors, scientists (even seen on screen), historians, engineers, craftsmen, diplomats... yes, also florists!

Quote:
It's been my first thought. There's a 50% chance they forgot to bind boffs - and they shouldn't change that since it would lower the rant on the forums. They often forget to do that, many special boffs are tradeable.
I would not think that this is an oversight, but rather a simple intended way to make those boffs more desirable.
Lieutenant
# 52
10-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
It's expected that Cryptic will be stripping the ability to earn dilithium from STFs.

At least 3 devs have come on one the boards and said that they are not getting rid of the dilithium drops from the STF. They are not on tribble right now because it is not synced to the new system yet. Also you will be able to trade in Omega marks and Elite Omega marks for dilithium as well.

Last edited by jkirk13; 10-23-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Captain
# 53
10-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Or think of the movies, even if you don't count ST V. I generally have the feeling that many people here have a very one-dimensional view of Klingons.
Not all Klingons are warriors, because someone has to build all those ships, inhabit planetary colonies, and so on. There are Klingon doctors, scientists (even seen on screen), historians, engineers, craftsmen, diplomats... yes, also florists!

I would not think that this is an oversight, but rather a simple intended way to make those boffs more desirable.
I believe it's the diplomats that are most frequently overlooked, due to the Klingons being focused so much on war. But hey, I've made a whole uniform dedicated to Klingon ambassadors!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 54
10-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Well, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. A lot of Romulan content being produced without an actual Romulan faction. I think it's safe to say we'll never be getting one anymore. STO will never be more than a two-faction story between the Federation and Klingon Faction (once updated).

All these Romulan Outposts and the Romulan Reputation System; can hardly be used when playing as a Romulan. It's a shame, because the vote was cast in favour of a Romulan faction and the developers have seemingly ignored that poll they asked not so long back (in which the tally highly supported the wishes that we'd have a Romulan faction).

We're already getting more Romulan Doff's and now some Boff's. It's a fair shout a Romulan ship (or two) will appear in a lock box not too far down the road.

Can't say I'm liking these outpost ideas either. What's the point of them? It's only going to drain fleet resources and doesn't actually serve as anything new. Just another place to throw a bunch of resources into and get some Romulan-unique items. I can see season 8 (or 9) doing something similar with Cardassians (Cardassian Reputation System, Cardassian Doffs / Boffs). Heck, the list then goes on to become endless. What species can't they work this for?

Not liking season seven so far.
Captain
# 55
10-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Well I can guarantee this will not be getting used by me if I ever get the chance to play the game as I have had enough of the grind on the starbase so will just leave this be as don;t see the point in more grinding
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
10-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Looks good in the paper, but about the pratical way?

First, talk only about the federation. Nothing about the kdf faction.

two, someone said about paying duty officers in the academy. If this is reallity, a lot of problems can happen. You are forced to pay to play, in a ugly grinding system.

three, I really want more player content. The embassy are a good idea, but is fleet-related, like reputation system and other support systems to keep playing.

I want more end-game content to keep me playing with friends and with my fleet as team or group, to have pure and good fun. Grinding, hunting doffs and playing stf each day are killing sto becuse become too boring to keep playing, without a solid return.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Career Officer
# 57
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post
At least 3 devs have come on one the boards and said that they are not getting rid of the dilithium drops from the STF. They are not on tribble right now because it is not synced to the new system yet. Also you will be able to trade in Omega marks and Elite Omega marks for dilithium as well.
Maybe not getting rid of but drastically reduced is accurately describing it. When you're looking at 400DL instead of 1100DL or even 1500DL on the STF of the week day. That's a big difference. The set pieces are all being put into the reputation system so those will be eliminated from STF drops. With no desireable reward or benefit to running an STF. What's the point?
Captain
# 58
10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
?This is Captain Picard of the Enterprise. I'm taking command of the fleet!?

This amazing moment in Trek history, as well as the countless others that preceded it, helped fuel the desire that Star Trek fans have to one day want to be part of a fleet in the Federation.
Thats as far as I got, diplomacy in the KDF doesn't exist, as the article points out.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 59
10-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Why wouldn't you just do other missions which give Dilithium instead? Like the Gorn Minefield, the Klingon scout force, the Breen or Eta Eridani missions, or the PvP dailies?

You can perfectly get your 8k Dilithium per day in one hour of playtime without ever doing an STF.
Because they're boring. Fleet Actions need several people to do, they're old, boring and in some cases still buggy. They give out very little for the time required while STFs are currently perfect.

Let's not forget that the incoming Reputation System will also require dilithium to do. STO is becoming a joke F2Pwise.
Career Officer
# 60
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Because they're boring. Fleet Actions need several people to do, they're old, boring and in some cases still buggy. They give out very little for the time required[...]
Fleet actions don'r require more time than Elite STF's. About a quarter of an hour with a team that knows what it is doing.

All the other options to earn Dilithium in the game that are not fleet actions also deserve your attention, I believe. ^^

But as has been stated, this is a non-issue anyway, as you will be able to get Dilithium from STF's, too, even after season 7 starts.