Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
Anyone who knows Levi3 and my Bi-polar posts - I flip from pro-cryptic to anti-Cryptic sometimes daily - should know that if I have got tired of the ranting going on then it's become too much.

The forums are active now - but I have been here on the days when you could hear a pin drop and would post things just to try to keep the community alive - some might have liked it, others not.

Instead of talking about what they are doing - why don't we try to come up with some civil ideas of small things that they could implement to offset some of the new changes?

I would like to see the ability to buy more doff space - maybe an expansion to 600 slots

I would like to see an increase in the refinement cap - perhaps to 10k per day

I would like to see them allow fleets to make some customization options to starbases - like fleet flags, a big holo-emblem of you fleet badge inside and something on the exterior.

So what about you guys?

Last edited by levi3; 10-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, put on your asbestos undies and prepare to face the forum fire.

I will rant until I can no longer rant from sheer exhaustion from the ranting!!

Know why?

Because it makes me feel better about situations where I know my input is either ignored or dismissed.

Or, if you prefer, I will rant because its working as intended....
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd like a company that cares about the IP so much that the bottom line never matters to take over this game or make another Star Trek game we could all flock to.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 4
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Yes, put on your asbestos undies and prepare to face the forum fire.

I will rant until I can no longer rant from sheer exhaustion from the ranting!!

Know why?

Because it makes me feel better about situations where I know my input is either ignored or dismissed.

Or, if you prefer, I will rant because its working as intended....
Come on Bogle - I know you can do better that this. I am sure you have some ideas that are helpful yet simple to implement.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I'd like a company that cares about the IP so much that the bottom line never matters...
Sorry, thats unrealistic. Unless a random bajillionaire star trek fan takes over, that isn't going to happen. Companies exist because they care about the bottom line.

Charities don't run MMO's.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Come on Bogle - I know you can do better that this. I am sure you have some ideas that are helpful yet simple to implement.
Sure I do, but ranting is more fun.

And I own stock in a pitchforks-and-torches supply company.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I think all those Trekkies from the 60's that saved the show back then should band together and buy the game.

The random bajillionaire star trek fan is also acceptable.

Or all those guys from Bioware that ran away from TOR.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Anyone who knows Levi3 and my Bi-polar posts - I flip from pro-cryptic to anti-Cryptic sometimes daily - should know that if I have got tired of the ranting going on then it's become too much.

The forums are active now - but I have been here on the days when you could hear a pin drop and would post things just to try to keep the community alive - some might have liked it, others not.

Instead of talking about what they are doing - why don't we try to come up with some civil ideas of small things that they could implement to offset some of the new changes?

I would like to see the ability to by more doff space - maybe an expansion to 600 slots

I would like to see an increase in the refinement cap - perhaps to 10k per day

I would like to see them allow fleets to make some customization options to starbases - like fleet flags, a big holo-emblem of you fleet badge inside and something on the exterior.

So what about you guys?
Increased doff space and raising the refining cap have been proposed by people on the forums since shortly after the doff system was introduced.

Sorry to say this, but what this game needs is territory control incorporated into the Starbases, not holo fleet flags. Also, it could use some better exploration. It's too linear. No decision you make on a mission impacts the experience of another user or has any real impact on actions you will be taking in the future.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 9
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Increased doff space and raising the refining cap have been proposed by people on the forums since shortly after the doff system was introduced.

Sorry to say this, but what this game needs is territory control incorporated into the Starbases, not holo fleet flags. Also, it could use some better exploration. It's too linear. No decision you make on a mission impacts the experience of another user or has any real impact on actions you will be taking in the future.
Another thing I thought was that a starbase could orbit a planet where the fleet could run activities, missions, build things - etc.

Rather than just stuck out in space somewhere.
Career Officer
# 10
10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
I would like to see the ability to by more doff space - maybe an expansion to 600 slots
Since I don't really get into the whole starbase thing I currently have no use for this. HOWEVER if they were to also allow us to purchase an increase in Doff assignment slots I'd be more than happy to want to expand my Doff roster.

Heck I actually posted a request for this in the cstore forum just yesterday.
Joined August 2008