Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
Since I don't really get into the whole starbase thing I currently have no use for this. HOWEVER if they were to also allow us to purchase an increase in Doff assignment slots I'd be more than happy to want to expand my Doff roster.

Heck I actually posted a request for this in the cstore forum just yesterday.
Wish may have been granted: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=17
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 12
10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Since I don't really get into the whole starbase thing I currently have no use for this. HOWEVER if they were to also allow us to purchase an increase in Doff assignment slots I'd be more than happy to want to expand my Doff roster.

Heck I actually posted a request for this in the cstore forum just yesterday.
Yes the new embassy holding progression allows for a few more doff assignment slots for each tier
Career Officer
# 13
10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
well.... not really. As I said I don't really do the whole starbase thing and from what I'm reading there the embassy is just another starbase type of thing.

I'm looking for something I can just buy in the store.
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 14
10-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
well.... not really. As I said I don't really do the whole starbase thing and from what I'm reading there the embassy is just another starbase type of thing.

I'm looking for something I can just buy in the store.
Unfortunately not at current - but not too long ago Dan said no to any increase - so it is progressing at least - perhaps after the embassy thing takes hold they may open them up to purchase.
Career Officer
# 15
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Unfortunately not at current - but not too long ago Dan said no to any increase - so it is progressing at least - perhaps after the embassy thing takes hold they may open them up to purchase.
I certainly hope so. It's seems very odd to me that you have to do such a large multiplayer thing just to be able to expand something for solo play.

oh well, hopes raised and crushed again, naturally.
Joined August 2008
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Another thing I thought was that a starbase could orbit a planet where the fleet could run activities, missions, build things - etc.

Rather than just stuck out in space somewhere.
levi3 i think you may be onto something there my friend.......

i think that is a fantastic idea about orbiting ones starbase around a planet or small moon.
that way your idea about missions to the planet or moon in question would be a great idea.

maybe some sort of advanced duty officer assignments where you can further advance your doff skills.
a bit like the Bajor mission would be great, but like i said in a previous post, it may fall on deaf ears.

apart from that it would be a great addition to the starbase daily activities.

i tend to agree with you on the point that the starbase is just sitting their in space doing nothing more that collecting dust.

also another great idea i just thought of would be every now and then your starbase would come under attack from say the klingons/romulans or another foe, then you would have say a notification like when the borg are in the area and you would be given the choice to fly back and assist with the defence of your starbase, that would be awsome, some form of interaction for the player and the members of the fleet to get involved.

just think what great ideas could span from this.......endless options
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
We are not going to protest?

Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 18
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I think all those Trekkies from the 60's that saved the show back then should band together and buy the game.

The random bajillionaire star trek fan is also acceptable.

Or all those guys from Bioware that ran away from TOR.
Uhm... those trekkies who saved Star trek in the 60s did so by writing letters, not buying the show. It only cost them the price of the envelope, the stamp the paper they wrote on and the pen they wrote with.

The thing is that back then those in charge of production actually cared about viewer concerns. They figured that for every letter they received that there were at least ten other people who felt the same.

Now we can all scream at the top of our lungs about what we want or do not want, and it does no good. If the corporate beancounters tell them that something's gold, they go with it, even if it turns out to be worthless dross...

In the case of STO, yelling at the developers, even at Dan, about what we don't like or what we want does no good. Dan can do nothing without Cryptic's management's approval, and Cryptic's management will only approve of what fits within the scope of Perfect World's vision. And anyone who would believe the line about Perfect World not sticking their fingers into Cryptic's efforts is deluding themselves. I've dealt with the corporate world all my adult life, and I have yet to deal with a single owner of a company I've worked for that cannot resist monkeying around with things, even if by doing so actually hurts productivity.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Captain
# 19
10-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

missed you roach - have not checked the KDF forums in awhile - guess that's where you have been hiding.

Of course most Long-time KDF players have given up ranting as they know how much good it does to change things.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Of course most Long-time KDF players have given up ranting as they know how much good it does to change things.
I have pitchforks and torches. Really.

Not afriad to use them.