Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
# 21
10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Why even ask for stuff. It would take at least a year or longer before anything new showed up that we asked for. New Hair tech? Poker? New Foundry rewards?

Hell we can't even get a single new story mission. All we get is adventure zones to grind away at. Its starting to feel pointless.
Commander
# 22
10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
OP, this whole thread is a troll scam and I see through it. You just want to get flamed in order to feel like you still have the posting touch rather than anything else. I mean if you want to get good again man take pointers from Geko... Nah, scratch that just be less wet noodle.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdfx19 View Post
if you want to get good again man take pointers from Geko...
Ha. Yeah. Not sure its terribly smart from a dev career standpoint to troll the paying customers, but you have to admit he has some cajones for doing it.

On the one hand, I feel a little upset that he marginalized the forum posters, but on the other hand I kinda like how he did it.
Captain
# 24
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdfx19 View Post
OP, this whole thread is a troll scam and I see through it. You just want to get flamed in order to feel like you still have the posting touch rather than anything else. I mean if you want to get good again man take pointers from Geko... Nah, scratch that just be less wet noodle.
I am sorry you fail! You want to know why? No you don't but I will tell you anyway.

More that half the time I don't know what I am thinking, saying, or feelling - so it would negate most of you claims - I think - not totally sure though

Edited - for massive grammer faults - cause I don't knows what I am typing either

Last edited by levi3; 10-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 25
10-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am sorry you fail! You want to know why? No you don't but I will tell you anyway.

More that half the time I don't know what I am thinking, saying, or feelling - so it would negate most of you claims - I think - not totally sure though

Edited - for massive grammer faults - cause I don't knows what I am typing either
Like most captain's in Star trek...I think you've finally snapped.
Captain
# 26
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Like most captain's in Star trek...I think you've finally snapped.
Finally? you should have been there 8 years ago when the let me out of the Mental facility for felons! Now it's too late!
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the general community feedback section?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 28
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the general community feedback section?
I was hoping to have things discussing specific STO changes that could be made - which would make this the place for it - but you know how people can high-jack a thread.
Career Officer
# 29
10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Instead of talking about what they are doing - why don't we try to come up with some civil ideas of small things that they could implement to offset some of the new changes?
These forums were full of ideas, most since before open beta. The problem is Cryptic has never honestly taken anything suggested here to heart. They read what may be posted, and then dismiss the idea for whatever reason. It is a shame really, if they had listened, this game would still have the launch numbers, be a monthly based model, making money hand over fist, and have more than the terribly small staff they have, which cant even keep up with bugs, let alone new content.

So if your mad, or bipolar, or whatever you claim, dont direct it at the player base, they HAVE given well thought out fixes but have been ignored since closed Beta. Blame Cryptic, and their claims at how they do oh so much without a huge staff.
Career Officer
# 30
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Ignoring all but the OP for a moment...

• I'd like to see the cap stay where it is, but Dilithium rewards increased in both distribution and size so that any casual player is going to smack into the cap easily in one 2hr session. This serves to keep the top % of the population from continuing to control the Dilithium and DOff markets (via Dil sinks), and actually helps the more casual player AND smaller and medium fleets.

• I'd like to see the DOff system re-examined, particularly the way they are being generated - the random generator is COMPLETELY borked. Pulling over 310 Engineering Fleet DOff boxes, I managed to get less than 20% Eng, the rest Ops. 60 Eng out of >310 boxes. THAT IS WRONG, particularly with the jacked up prices coming and the starbase demands of 60/60 Eng/Ops! Heck, the sheer volume of Sci DOffs I pull in a week from random recruitment is insane, half my pulls or more seem to be Sci.

• If recruitment is going to be that costly, then allow us to pull specific DOff specializations and/or specific Departments at least! I would happily pay for less random (or more accurately, less uneven) results.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.