Empire Veteran
# 1 Spawn Camping - Explain Please
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Would someone please explain how spawn camping in C&H games is fun.

For the last several months I've been playing mostly my KDF toons. Over the last few weeks, KDF spawn camping in C&H matches has become the norm. Today, I had back-to-back matches where the other KDF players spawn camped the Fed base. In the second match there were six KDF players camped, and of course the Feds had no chance. What's the point? What is fun about that?

It's no wonder the FvK queues have dried up. I don't go into them as a Fed for this very reason. Obviously it's no fun to spawn and face six other players just waiting for you. How is it fun to be on the other side?
Career Officer
# 2
10-22-2012, 01:42 PM
That sucks.

If they're getting spawn camped they must not be resisting at all.

That's usually how it happens in Arenas.

4-5 guys get wiped fast and then the fight moves closer and closer to the spawn.

Feds also need to be quicker at leaving the spawn to keep the camping from happening.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Would someone please explain how spawn camping in C&H games is fun.

For the last several months I've been playing mostly my KDF toons. Over the last few weeks, KDF spawn camping in C&H matches has become the norm. Today, I had back-to-back matches where the other KDF players spawn camped the Fed base. In the second match there were six KDF players camped, and of course the Feds had no chance. What's the point? What is fun about that?

It's no wonder the FvK queues have dried up. I don't go into them as a Fed for this very reason. Obviously it's no fun to spawn and face six other players just waiting for you. How is it fun to be on the other side?
Aint there a KDF Mission for killing the turrets around the base?? i am not sure i havent done a Cap and hold in like a year

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
# 4
10-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Spawn camping is actually a valid strategy imo for CnH as long as you have a couple bases and at least one person making sure those bases don't get taken by a runner. Sometimes in a CnH there are not enough people to really hold the bases so instead of playing musical chairs with the other team it's better to keep them contained to prevent them running around and capping unguarded bases.
Career Officer
# 5
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Spawn camping is a result of people wanting to fight, rather than sit alone at a capture point staring into empty space, for half the match. Seriously, finding anything interresting to do in a C&H map, besides mindless killing, is hard.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
so often a fed team is so bad thats theres time to cap all the points nearly unopposed, so there is nothing for kdf to do other then look for a fight, and again since most feds are so bad, it just ends up being at their base. theres a daily for killin turrets too.

so basically it all comes down to so many players just being terrible. spawn capping and everything else thats complained about wouldn't happen if more players weren't terrible. in arenas too, spawn camping is 100% the team getting camped's fault. LEAVE YOUR DAMN SPAWN when the map starts, if you don't want the battle to take place there.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh look, a Fed complaining about spawncamping. That's funny, it always seems to be you guys doing the spawncamping in Ker'rat. . .at least, whenever I'm around. Even when the KDF has the advantage, we usually prefer to give our targets a chance to run. We don't tric the Fed spawnpoint, we don't sit there and annihilate anything that spawns in, etc. . .it always seems to be the Feddies who do that, usually after the KDF gives them a good fight.
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Oh look, a Fed complaining about spawncamping. That's funny, it always seems to be you guys doing the spawncamping in Ker'rat. . .at least, whenever I'm around. Even when the KDF has the advantage, we usually prefer to give our targets a chance to run. We don't tric the Fed spawnpoint, we don't sit there and annihilate anything that spawns in, etc. . .it always seems to be the Feddies who do that, usually after the KDF gives them a good fight.
Oh, look, I'm not a Fed.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
So, anyone? How is it fun?
Career Officer
# 10
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I usually get away from spawn camping especially if I am on my kdf toon or in a fvf match. Much more difficult to get away on a fed with the kdf putting 8 assimilators and drones on you pluss leach that is no fun and that is why I do not q up for fvk not cause spawn camping!