Commander
# 21
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't like Spawn camping. I find it dishonorable. In fact, if it comes to that point, I try to stay far away from their spawn site to at least give them a chance.

And it doesn't just happen against Feds. Sometimes, the Fed side is just so much better that the spawn camping happens to the Klingons.

@virusdancer: I only do that if I'm in a BOP. Otherwise I either cloak, decloak and fight fight fight or I forget to cloak.
Captain
# 22
10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
@virusdancer: I only do that if I'm in a BOP. Otherwise I either cloak, decloak and fight fight fight or I forget to cloak.
Heh, it'd be silly to do otherwise in a BOP though... squishy lil' buggers.

I've argued the "honorable" thing from both sides - in the end, it's basically that each side has a different definition... pretty straightforward in how it is not straightforward.
Captain
# 23
10-22-2012, 11:32 PM
It's more or less the result of the FvK queues. While klingons enter the game almost instantly, feds do not, and often some of them quit. Hence the game starts in uneven teams and results in spawn camp.

I understand spawn camp in CaH, if klingons also capture points to quickly end the match. But there are some players (premades rather) out there, who do not capture points and just spawn camp.

I do not understand spawn camp in Arena. And I laugh especially at those hipocrites, that spawn camp one team, and then BEG, yes BEG the last player who did not quit to NOT quit so they can finish the match.
Career Officer
# 24
10-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
So, anyone? How is it fun?
More fun than sitting in space, capturing, watching nothing happen.

If there was any incentive to win, maybe capturing would feel useful, but seriously, any fun you have in C&H is killing and getting killed.
Career Officer
# 25
10-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Simple solution to spawn camping-

Stop spawning where I camp
Empire Veteran
# 26
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
hey crusty.

gotta let this one go bro. not worth your effort. its just a part of it, ya know.

i don't see much fun in it, but then again, i don't find much fun in skydiving....but some people do. so...

anyways you know you are good enough to hang with anyone out there. kick em back.

have fun kill bad guys
It's hard to do when the rest of my "team" is spawn camping the enemy. I just fly in circles and shoot fireworks then.
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
More fun than sitting in space, capturing, watching nothing happen.

If there was any incentive to win, maybe capturing would feel useful, but seriously, any fun you have in C&H is killing and getting killed.
So being one of six guys, sitting on a spawn point, gang raping the Feds as they spawn is fun for you?

Last edited by crusty8mac; 10-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
10-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
So being one of six guys, sitting on a spawn point, gang raping the Feds as they spawn is fun for you?
Fun? no. Better than sitting alone in space watching a floating logo sloooowly changing colour? Definately.
Captain
# 29
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Spawn camping in ANY form is not great.

But here is two things I have noticed.

Feds just hang around the SB refusing to move.

Feds loiter around the SB when they come under attack hoping that the SB's defenses will assist them in getting a quick kill.

KDF players get frustrated, and try drive the Feds from the SB into the game.

Spawn-camping ensues.

Everyone becomes miserable, and zone chat soon becomes a free-for-all, and the next arena of who can throw the heaviest insult.

I retire and start doing doff missions near the center of the map...
Commander
# 30
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Nearest I can tell, there is a sweet spot where you can drop an Aceton Assimilator that draws and holds aggro from the turrets, which can't kill it, and procs the hell out of the spawn point at the same time. This slows down the power recovery when respawning and leaves you vulnerable to the inevitable cloud of Tric mines.

It doesn't seem like much fun to me either but I'm sure some simp out there felt clever.