Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 21
10-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traptpatriot View Post
Why not just have it cost EC instead? Like 50k for very rare. That is obtainable, very easily if you are experienced. EC would be a more viable currency IMO.
They can't monetize ECs the way that Dilithium has been monetized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Did the downgrinder increase by as much? Been too busy to check.
Currently no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Thought off one perspective on this:

Suppose they don't like how people can grind up AND down (even with some loss) to get the DOff their fleet needs for projects? You could do this repeatedly until you get the white DOff you need.
This is a losing prospect, and quite frankly the loss is already (as you mention) built into it.

No, the problem was adding the short sighted Fleet Doff requisitions which has now killed the Upgrinder as well as Dismissal Rewards.

We have both lost a way to earn Dil from DOFFs and now have a new tax added.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-24-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
They can't monetize ECs the way that Dilithium has been monetized.
They can however set the maximum possible EC price for item that scales with item rarity.
Why they won't do it in the end? Because that'd ruin current Romulan Ale skyhigh prices. That Ale sells almost as if it was a purple MK12 console. And also that'd make storing a white colonist on the exchange by setting it's price on several millions impossible - and devs don't want a mutiny on the Bounty.
Career Officer
# 23
10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Here's a great point from Phyrexianhero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I'm still hopeful Cryptic will come to some compromise - so any devs reading this here is some constructive suggestions:

Indeed -- you can't raise costs from 250 to 5000 dilithium (a factor of 20!) without seriously aggravating the community unless you sweeten the pot by allowing someone to choose the department or specialty. The doff would still be random, either random specialization within a department, or random traits without a specialization, but at least that way doffers are getting something of value to make up for being charged 20 times more.

Lt. Commander
# 24
10-24-2012, 07:01 AM
It's not great.
For the price we'll gonna pay we should at least be able to ask for exact specialization. I mean for example, if I want a diplomat, I don't want yet another refugee.

Traits would be random of course, unless there will be an option to pay dil for specific traits.
Career Officer
# 25
10-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Because EC is really easy to come by.
EC is somewhat easy to come by, but why not charge, say 100k ec then?

We really need to get away from the perception that everyone in the game are EC Millionaires; they're not. Must of us forum guys are, but not everyone is. EC would be a perfectly fine gate.

Again, the big problems here in S7, simply put, is that there are now Dilithium inputs where A) They weren't before B) That are recockulously high and C) Entirely gratuitous.

Getting back to the OP: I agree. Like I said in another thread, something to the effect of "I refuse to pay 5k Dilithium to grind up 5 Blue Doffs for a Purple Chef or Refuge. Bugger Off."
Career Officer
# 26
10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Hope they change their dirty little minds about this additional cost.

This game is becoming ridicules, charge me for switching toons too why don't ya!
Captain
# 27
10-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
EC is somewhat easy to come by, but why not charge, say 100k ec then?

We really need to get away from the perception that everyone in the game are EC Millionaires; they're not. Must of us forum guys are, but not everyone is. EC would be a perfectly fine gate.

Again, the big problems here in S7, simply put, is that there are now Dilithium inputs where A) They weren't before B) That are recockulously high and C) Entirely gratuitous.

Getting back to the OP: I agree. Like I said in another thread, something to the effect of "I refuse to pay 5k Dilithium to grind up 5 Blue Doffs for a Purple Chef or Refuge. Bugger Off."
Most of you guys really are clueless - look they added a dilth sink to suck up lots of dilth and force people to buy more zen to convert to dilth.

Now there are thousands of people with 10's if not hundreds of million in EC - some with more than a billion - now this way duty officer prices will skyrocket(they are becoming to low now) and it will suck up a lot of peoples EC - even those with just a few million - but hey there is a solution - yes you can buy ZEN to purchase things to sell like Keys

Brilliant!!

If any of you people think feedback here will change the planned changes you are really smoking some good stuff and should really share!!

Last edited by levi3; 10-24-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Commander
# 28
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Hope they change their dirty little minds about this additional cost.

This game is becoming ridicules, charge me for switching toons too why don't ya!
don't give them any more ideas >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Most of you guys really are clueless - look they added a dilth sink to suck up lots of dilth and force people to buy more zen to convert to dilth.

Now there are thousands of people with 10's if not hundreds of million in EC - some with more than a billion - now this way duty officer prices will skyrocket(they are becoming to low now) and it will suck up a lot of peoples EC - even those with just a few million - but hey there is a solution - yes you can buy ZEN to purchase things to sell like Keys

Brilliant!!

If any of you people think feedback here will change the planned changes you are really smoking some good stuff and should really share!!
feedback is better than just quiting the game. at least when a game tanks devs know why, better than leaving them scratching their heads and wondering wtf. further, feedback does cause change, not always, not reliably, and oft useless against certain pigheaded types who think they're gods of game design and players will swallow anything they dish out...but it's the only option.

the only fool is one who keeps their mouth shut while knowing a trains about to derail.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Career Officer
# 29
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
If it were up to me, I'd offer it in a tiered fashion. First, figure out how long they want you to take to earn the dilithium. Then:

? Low Dilithium, high time.
? Equal dilithium, equal time.
? High dilitlium, almost instant.

There ought be a fee for the guaranteed upgraded (like we have now) and the simple convenience of not having roam around (same as now). But, again, I see a TIME sink more than I see a MONEY sink. Dilithium via STFs, events, and DOFFs don't cost money, they cost TIME.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 30
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree with some of these sentiments. As-is I'd never touch this stuff in any significant way with the dilithium prices, but I might actually go for it if I can pick at least the department that the DOffs would be from. I'm not going to throw down several thousand dil time after time to get a blue or purple security officer, no matter how badly I need it, I can tell you that much right now.