Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
*Cough tholians? yea they have been around in cannon so they aren't *new*... but they are new to STO. /thread?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 12
10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Well, we just got the Tholians. But yeah, we need more original stuff. More new baddies, more recurring things. As long as they're good that is.... The Ferasans are kind of bleah.. and the Deferi... well... suck... I know a lot of people like them, but I find everything about them... highly unimaginative.

Seriously, I want to see ALIEN aliens. We are not bound by the makeup budget of a TV show, we are a video game, we can pull off all sorts of shenanigans. Tholians and Nanovs seem to be a step in the right direction, but they are (or seem to be) basic mooks. Not really something you'd want to care about or have on your ship. Seriously, why can't I play as a three armed orange dude? Or a giant space bug? Or something else altogether?

We have aliens everywhere! Let's have strange stuff!!!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 13 DragonBallz theory
10-22-2012, 08:20 PM
"edit* Remember, the Borg were made to scare the hell out of everyone. Species 8472 was made to scare the hell out of the Borg. There does come a point where things get ridiculous."

Dragon ball disagree's

but i agree with you.. the heavy hitters are

the federation
the kdf
the borg
romulans.. not so much anymore
the dominion
the iconians
as far as i remember
Commander
# 14
10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
STO already has the biggest, baddest enemy threatening it's existence. Every day new content is created that threatens to shake STO to its core. That enemy? PWE.

hehe. sorry for derailing your thread. it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read your title. ;] cheers!
Career Officer
# 15
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
+1, sharpe. Can't fault you for accuracy. Support and agree with the OP. Less time milking profits from stuff we've seen for 20 years, more time developing the story and bringing Star Trek forward into a new century.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Career Officer
# 16
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownmgx View Post
"edit* Remember, the Borg were made to scare the hell out of everyone. Species 8472 was made to scare the hell out of the Borg. There does come a point where things get ridiculous."

Dragon ball disagree's
I grew up with Dragon Ball... I remember being a kid, waiting for one of my friends to get a copy of episodes his friend made on VHS when he went to visit Japan. I remember trying to get a hold of Shonen Jump from my local comic shop, trying to figure out what was happening through the untranslated Japanese.

After a point, yes, I thought it did get ridiculous. specially after Cell, IMO, but that's a personal taste thing. The movies especially. When it came out on Cartoon Network, I remembered an old joke-name for it - Drag-on Ball (cause it dragged on and on and on). Only needed to catch every couple episodes! :p

I personally think that themepark MMOs are really prone to this, especially since they typically raise level-caps. So, stuff that was once the most difficult content in the game eventually becomes soloable and trivialized! I guess that's also why I'm leary of high-level weapons and such that you grind for - I worry about there'll come a point that the devs can't make "reasonable" challenges, since all the equipment will trivialize it.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Career Officer
# 17
10-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
STO already has the biggest, baddest enemy threatening it's existence. Every day new content is created that threatens to shake STO to its core. That enemy? PWE.

hehe. sorry for derailing your thread. it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read your title. ;] cheers!

Drat, you beat me to it.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Lt. Commander
# 18
10-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekritagent View Post
+1, sharpe. Can't fault you for accuracy. Support and agree with the OP. Less time milking profits from stuff we've seen for 20 years, more time developing the story and bringing Star Trek forward into a new century.
Thats CBS job not Cryptic.
Commander
# 19
10-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Or, instead of new enemies, how about new objectives?

Recent reports come in of a <insert resource name here> rich world with a pre-warp civilization. Other factions are trying to interfere with their devlopment in order to convert the natives, or wipe them out, or something. WITHOUT BREAKING THE PRIME DIRECTIVE, prevent your opponents gaining the resources of that world.
Captain
# 20
10-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Iconians are coming.
No , really they r not .
Think of them as having taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque ... .

Or ...

Think of them as the sacrifice (our sacrifice) for the lovely grind we've gotten instead ... .

I mean someone at Cryptic clearly made this equation :
Tholinas > Iconians