Career Officer
Is there any way I can swap a Bound-to-Character item to Bound-to-Account? A specific item I want to swap is a BIG XP boost that you got from linking your Cryptic and PWE accounts. As I had no way of knowing, I opened all of them on my Fed Engineer. Most of it was crap, but that XP boost could REALLY be used on my KDF Sci (who wasn't even AROUND back then, I rolled him recently). My Engineer does Dailies all the time, he doesn't need something to give him MORE Expertise, but the KDF still have an XP deficit.

Also, I'm noticing that most of the items that AREN'T bound yet... are Bind to CHARACTER on Equip. I haven't seen a single MENTION of Bind-to-Account in-game, even though it's the one that makes more sense. The player already OWNS the item, why should it be restricted where he uses it? For instance, I have 4 Ferengi Energy Whips on my Fed Tac. I earned them fair and square. BUT... I don't play my Tac (I just don't like playing Tacs, I'm not sure why). I could REALLY use them on my Fed Sci (my oldest character, the one I've done the most work on, the one that I've written stories about, the one I went to all the trouble of to duplicate as a Foundry skin to make a mission series about him). He just wasn't as lucky when he got his Lobi. After all, this Lock Box/Lobi system IS just a big lottery in a sense. I've ALREADY played, I've GOTTEN rewards from this lottery, but now it's like it's preventing me from wearing the ring I bought with my money on any other finger. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

I'm a Lifer. I bought the big bundle because I love this game, for all its faults. I've recommended this came to anyone who'll listen to me ramble. I've even lied awake at night because I've had ideas swirling around my head about what would be fun to see in the game (I've even posted a few on these Forums). The last half-dozen of my Desktop Backgrounds have been from this game. I am a customer, and isn't the old saying "The customer is ALWAYS right"? Bind-to-Character is not what ANY player in this game wants. Please, Cryptic... do what makes SENSE. Take away all this "Bind-to-Character vs. Bind-to-Account." Make it just "Bind on Equip" with EVERYTHING bound to the account. We've ALREADY earned this stuff. I'm going to keep playing this game, you don't need to force us to play by making us re-earn every item we have.

This is my dream; a player can do any mission he wants on his best character, and any item he doesn't want can be given to an alt, even AFTER equipping. Send excess EDCs or Salvage to a character that needs to get an item still. Craft lower-tier items for lower-level alts (without a Dilithium tax, the Di tax on Crafting makes it so that only Kits are worth crafting anymore). They're YOUR items - Use them when YOU need them.

Last edited by icegavel; 09-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Is there any way I can swap a Bound-to-Character item to Bound-to-Account? A specific item I want to swap is a BIG XP boost that you got from linking your Cryptic and PWE accounts. As I had no way of knowing, I opened all of them on my Fed Engineer. Most of it was crap, but that XP boost could REALLY be used on my KDF Sci (who wasn't even AROUND back then, I rolled him recently). My Engineer does Dailies all the time, he doesn't need something to give him MORE Expertise, but the KDF still have an XP deficit.

Also, I'm noticing that most of the items that AREN'T bound yet... are Bind to CHARACTER on Equip. I haven't seen a single MENTION of Bind-to-Account in-game, even though it's the one that makes more sense. The player already OWNS the item, why should it be restricted where he uses it? For instance, I have 4 Ferengi Energy Whips on my Fed Tac. I earned them fair and square. BUT... I don't play my Tac (I just don't like playing Tacs, I'm not sure why). I could REALLY use them on my Fed Sci (my oldest character, the one I've done the most work on, the one that I've written stories about, the one I went to all the trouble of to duplicate as a Foundry skin to make a mission series about him). He just wasn't as lucky when he got his Lobi. After all, this Lock Box/Lobi system IS just a big lottery in a sense. I've ALREADY played, I've GOTTEN rewards from this lottery, but now it's like it's preventing me from wearing the ring I bought with my money on any other finger. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

I'm a Lifer. I bought the big bundle because I love this game, for all its faults. I've recommended this came to anyone who'll listen to me ramble. I've even lied awake at night because I've had ideas swirling around my head about what would be fun to see in the game (I've even posted a few on these Forums). The last half-dozen of my Desktop Backgrounds have been from this game. I am a customer, and isn't the old saying "The customer is ALWAYS right"? Bind-to-Character is not what ANY player in this game wants. Please, Cryptic... do what makes SENSE. Take away all this "Bind-to-Character vs. Bind-to-Account." Make it just "Bind on Equip" with EVERYTHING bound to the account. We've ALREADY earned this stuff. I'm going to keep playing this game, you don't need to force us to play by making us re-earn every item we have.

This is my dream; a player can do any mission he wants on his best character, and any item he doesn't want can be given to an alt, even AFTER equipping. Send excess EDCs or Salvage to a character that needs to get an item still. Craft lower-tier items for lower-level alts (without a Dilithium tax, the Di tax on Crafting makes it so that only Kits are worth crafting anymore). They're YOUR items - Use them when YOU need them.

I agree completely.

I've tons of borg tec/salvage on 1 character. I really should be able to give it to another character on my account.

As usual, they tried and failed!
Career Officer
# 3
08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Agree completely with this. We have done the work, we should be able to enjoy the benefits on any character we choose. The account bank really has no other value at this time otherwise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-10-2012, 06:10 PM
*nods* Account Binds are better than Character Binds.
Commander
# 5
08-12-2012, 08:35 AM
I also agree, Borg tech here and there between characters , also lobi crystals.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Agreed i have 4 8 hr xp boost on a VA and thats no use to a nun on a sunday so please lets make things account bound not char bound
Captain
# 7
08-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Frankly a shared bank account seems kind of pointless since anything that would be worth sharing is now "bound to character" I was considering spending the zen to buy one until this change was made, now I'm no longer interested.
Captain
# 8
08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree xp boosts should be account rather than character bound.

Not sure that everything should be though....
Commander
# 9
08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Dose the account bank slots even do much. I mean iv got sonthing like 20 slots already do is paying 1000 zen even worth it.
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanftd View Post
Dose the account bank slots even do much. I mean iv got sonthing like 20 slots already do is paying 1000 zen even worth it.
No, not worth it. Until stuff like XP boosts and character-bound "currencies" (EDC, Lobi, borg tech, etc) are changed to account bound, don't waste your money. Mail works fine for shuffling stuff from toon to toon.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Closed Thread