Commander
# 41
10-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
this is just bs but not a bug. well yes, but more of an exploite/loop hole in the system.
The evasive misfire is a bug, which I should of clarified as the "bug" portion of my post. However knowing how to deal with the 'intended bs" purpose of it, is a sci team.

Again though, I call for courtesy on pretty much dealing with not only a bugged ability but what is seemingly being called by many as an overpowered console.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Career Officer
# 42
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
ok so evasive can miss fire? i see a few people have posted it. looked at your link a bit more and got to the fourm post. so why hasent this happened to me? but to say sci team? are you truly trying to say even tacts need to carry it? if so then this does seem more like the old days of when every memeber in the team would carry sci team because it was that op.

but again to be honest, ive never gotten these bugs. i hope you do get the proof you need to send in to get fixed. aside from the bugs the skill tree also needs to get fixed. a sci should see pass the mess if speced 6 points into sencors and be at 115 aux no less. its awesome to get ams'ed tb and tric bombed.

my fleet will not use ams. you have seen us in the que. we dont even use ss. i dont even use ss3 because some times i cause players to get target jumps, some times they dont. but as long as they have thier mouse curser they can stay on point. much better bo power to use.

Last edited by broken1981; 10-23-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Commander
# 43
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
ok so evasive can miss fire? i see a few people have posted it. looked at your link a bit more and got to the fourm post. so why hasent this happened to me? but to say sci team? are you truly trying to say even tacts need to carry it? if so then this does seem more like the old days of when every memeber in the team would carry sci team because it was that op.

but again to be honest, ive never gotten these bugs. i hope you do get the proof you need to send in to get fixed. aside from the bugs the skill tree also needs to get fixed. a sci should see pass the mess if speced 6 points into sencors and be at 115 aux no less. its awesome to get ams'ed tb and tric bombed.

my fleet will not use ams. you have seen us in the que. we dont even use ss. i dont even use ss3 because some times i cause players to get target jumps, some times they dont. but as long as they have thier mouse curser they can stay on point. much better bo power to use.
I am not sure why this bug is elusive in the sense it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. There are numerous reasons for this.

I can also say that I have not been effected by this. But out of mutual respect, I appreciate and trust the feedback others provide when it comes to these kinds of bugs. Notably the feedback I get from Critz Fleet members.

In terms of the AMS thing, I am not saying a tac needs to carry a sci team. I am saying it can be cleared with a sci team. It's your prerogative to carry sci team on your tacs, or any ship you may choose to carry them on.

The bugs seem to occur in junction with other things that are happening in the match. This is why it is difficult to replicate its occurrence. Otherwise, we'd be on here with a video and a thorough report. We have had more success seeing the evasive bug, than the SS heals disabled bug.

But if you care to participate in addressing these matters, you can come pay us a visit and we can try our best to create tangible results for the devs to review.

In fact, I invite anyone and everyone to help resolve these problems in a collective effort. It is our playground, the least we can do is help clean it up. We can call it the "Coalition of the Willing Cleaning up of Bugs" lol.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Career Officer
# 44
10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
well if you ever see me on and need some 1 to test on ill be hapy to help. maybe some one can also figure out why a ship will auto lock into a target and no matter how you try to stear your ship it still just locks on like a seaker missle.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
well if you ever see me on and need some 1 to test on ill be hapy to help. maybe some one can also figure out why a ship will auto lock into a target and no matter how you try to stear your ship it still just locks on like a seaker missle.
If you are talking about the respawn bug where you can't steer, hitting Esc to clear the bugged target seems to work for me.
Captain
# 46
10-23-2012, 12:30 PM
AMS really isn't a big deal. Like someone else said, most people won't even use it "right" so it doesn't really do anything than jiggle your screen for a few seconds.

Ultimately it's Cryptic's world and they clearly want players to use all the toy consoles so it's hard to fault anyone for it. I don't see things like a 45 second long grav pulse as healthy for the game (does Sci Team clear grav pulse?) but you just take your knocks and queue up again after.

And yeah broken, I had that target bug for a while and it was driving me up the wall until I figured out what was causing it. You just have to hit esc/clear targets.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 47
10-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I don't see things like a 45 second long grav pulse as healthy for the game (does Sci Team clear grav pulse?) but you just take your knocks and queue up again after.
Eng Team.
Captain
# 48
10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Eng Team.
That's good to know, thanks.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 49
10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
ive been killed several times when my screen was all screwed up. cant see anything coming, just have to react after something hits me with an alpha. seeing someone coming at you popping buffs and being able to proactively protect yourself is half of surviving the attack. not to mention you cant see tractor beams, warp plasma, tric mines, you have no idea what peril your in, all you can see is your health and shields dropping. i hate ams.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 50
10-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I hate SS more than AMS.

It still forces you to switch targets for some reason. I thought it no longer kept you from self-targeting.

With AMS I can still heal my teammates who I've been targeting and are near. With SS, forget it.

Maybe it's bugged, whatever.