Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
# 1 Player boting/ macros in STFs
10-23-2012, 06:54 AM
8:49 EST STF Kid

"Person" KDF Vo'quv - Fixed - Still pissed about a person doing this and I do believe they should be called out!

I want to report a player boting or macroing /AFK.

This player had scripted a peace of software to follow me auto attack and not react. I addressed the player with no response.

It was had to tell at first but I noticed at times all he did was follow and not attack and then the macro would cycle and then he would attack and launch fighters.

Players need to be banded for action like this.

Last edited by balordezul; 10-23-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Using actual in game names and handles of other players is forbodden here in the forums, man. Just a heads up so you can edit your post before a Mod comes and edits it for you.

For the record , if there are indeed bots and macros, I am against it. Just never seen such a thing in all the time I have played.
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-23-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm aware of players who double box or play on two different computers on two different accounts, they'll play on their main and set their alt account to follow another player with the alt account on auto target and auto fire.

It's a shameful way to play but it may not have been an external macro. Not that it makes much difference but I thought I'd trow this in here anyhoo.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I fixed the post but if a Mod wants to PM I will give you the name. I sent it to the GMs in game but I don't see them ever getting to it.