Empire Veteran
# 1 Alternative of Borg engine?
10-29-2012, 02:55 AM
I am using borg engine to travel in sector space, and it is quite satisfactory without using slipstream or without asking players to grant you raiding party/dipolmatic immunity.

And as we all know that PWE is going to take these items away from us along with MkXII sets so under those inevitable circumstances which engine is the best alternative and with what modifiers?

Thanks in advance.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Captain
# 2
10-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Ehm no, they won't take away any existing equipment.
Commander
# 3
10-29-2012, 03:08 AM
The Borg Engine is - even on the test server Tribble - still working at the same high transwarp speed.

The Borg Console gets removed from the set.
So far, for sector space travel MACO and Borg remain top choices. The reduced slipstream timer of the Omega Engine is not as good IMO.

I would really like some more variety or engines being broken up in normal space engines and those for sector space. Right now it's really Borg, MACO or say hi to Warp 10 only.
Captain
# 4
10-29-2012, 03:13 AM
I think one should clarify that a bit, the console is removed from the set - that means it no longer counts as 1 of the 3 (instead of 4) pieces to get the full bonuses of the Borg set, but you also keep the console, it's not removed form your ship.

And yeah the MACO engine can go beyond warp 10 in sector space too.
Captain
# 5
10-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Cool.

I was one of those who was wondering about that console. Stands right to keep it, we did earn it after all.

But, if it doesn't count towards the original Borg build with defector, engines and shields, is it worth keeping?

Like all things it's a matter of opinion, I'll just wait and see.
Career Officer
# 6
10-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Elite Fleet engines also go past warp 10 afaik as well
Captain
# 7
10-29-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Cool.

I was one of those who was wondering about that console. Stands right to keep it, we did earn it after all.

But, if it doesn't count towards the original Borg build with defector, engines and shields, is it worth keeping?

Like all things it's a matter of opinion, I'll just wait and see.
I'm planning on keeping mine, the bonus to weapon power & crits is enough for me to keep it slotted.

Although I may wind up trying the new borg weapons set (console, cutting beam, micro V'Ger plasma) on my Recluse
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 8
10-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
I'm planning on keeping mine, the bonus to weapon power & crits is enough for me to keep it slotted.

Although I may wind up trying the new borg weapons set (console, cutting beam, micro V'Ger plasma) on my Recluse
Micro V'ger Plasma?

Might try that one out myself.
Captain
# 9
10-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Apparently everyone that currently has the Borg set will have it upgraded to Mk XI. Also there is supposedly Mk XII Borg Set at Tier 5.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Elite Fleet engines also go past warp 10 afaik as well
So do Advanced, although they only boost to a base of Transwarp 12, but on my Luna they're getting me to Transwarp 17.44 with driver coil points alone. Elite should be the same as the Borg or MACO engines (base Transwarp 14).