Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
I am fairly new to the game and have searched for answers for this question. I have not found exactly my answer but little bits. I just finished ranking to Commander (same thing happened at LT Cmdr). I get the points. I go to Spacedock. I go to see Admiral Quinn. He promotes me. I go see the ship requisition officer. I browse ships and all of them say I require credits to buy. When I got LT Cmdr promotion I got frustrated and bought zen so I could buy my new ship. So last night I did the same thing. Not a big deal really since I have the money. However it would be nice if there were some instructions on what to do to get a free ship later on. I believe I still have 3 more tiers to get. The people without the resources do not have the opportunity to throw money at the problem. If there is already some information for this I apologize. Please point me in right direction.

Thanks
Captain
# 2
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
You talk to Admiral Quinn, and you talk to the ship requisition officer.

You only have three ships per tier choose except for the Rear Admiral ships. Unless it is a recent bug. I personally had zero problem with getting my rank up vessels.
Career Officer
# 3
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
At ship requisition where it shows rank of ship on upper right corner select ur new rank in the drop down menu to filter ships availible. It will show all availible ships of that rank. The 1st three ships should have a price of 1 token each those are the ships u can choose from. I personally bought all the cstore ships for the account unlock u get with them but I had always planned on multiple alt toons. Hope this helped.
Ensign
# 4
10-23-2012, 01:04 PM
thanks for the response. i can see all the ships when i browse but all have cost. i read somewhere that one will get a token or something. i was definitely able to purchase the ships so if it is a glitch it is a glitch by a successful capitalist ;-) thanks again.
Career Officer
# 5
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Have you also spent all your available skillpoints on captain skills? Maybe its also tied to that.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralkangbang View Post
thanks for the response. i can see all the ships when i browse but all have cost. i read somewhere that one will get a token or something. i was definitely able to purchase the ships so if it is a glitch it is a glitch by a successful capitalist ;-) thanks again.
It is a very confusing interface. A friend of mine had a similar problem, and he said it didn't show the ship requisition until he actually chose (clicked on) the ship that he could get for free. The one(s) that are your tier reward will show a price of 1 requisition, and you still have to "buy" it, by clicking on the buy button.

If you have purchased through c-store, then the two requisitions should still be there. Try going back, and as suggested earlier, choose to show the appropriate level, and clear the check boxes for stuff you're not looking for - small craft, etc. Then choose each ship, one at a time, to see what you are offered for your requisitions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Captain
# 7
10-23-2012, 03:08 PM
The sequence of events is as follows. When you have earned enough XP to cross the threshold (don't need to have spent it), you will immediately get a dialog window from Adm Quinn offering you the "Promotion to Lieutenant Commander" mission (or whatever rank). You need to accept that mission and travel back to Earth Space Dock. You need to go and talk to Adm. Quinn in person to resolve the promotion mission.

In the mission completion dialog window it will tell you that you have received a Ship Token (and costume change token if you are Gold). Once you have your Ship Token, you next need to go to the Ship Requisition Officer. Ship Requisition is entered via the turbolift at the rear of the Ship Yard Area. She'll be towards the right rear of the room as you enter it.

You'll be able to get a free non-C-Store ship of your new rank. It's best to filter ships for your new rank. Also any ship tokens that you have will show at the bottom of the Ship Requisition window. Select the ship and hit purchase. You'll get a confirmation window asking you you want to purchase said ship for X. You can cancel wlo penalty. You can also hover your mouse cursor over the entries to see what type of token it up in the popup information.

NOTE: If you closed the dialog window that offers you the promotion mission. It should be in the Available tab of you missions window (hit J). Or you can just go talk to Adm. Quinn in person to get the promotion mission. Because you have to do that anyway to complete the mission.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 10-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
It is a very confusing interface. A friend of mine had a similar problem, and he said it didn't show the ship requisition until he actually chose (clicked on) the ship that he could get for free. The one(s) that are your tier reward will show a price of 1 requisition, and you still have to "buy" it, by clicking on the buy button.

If you have purchased through c-store, then the two requisitions should still be there. Try going back, and as suggested earlier, choose to show the appropriate level, and clear the check boxes for stuff you're not looking for - small craft, etc. Then choose each ship, one at a time, to see what you are offered for your requisitions.
Had a similar problem. The ship I wanted still had a dilithium cost. Had to click on the c-store ship, then click back on the one I wanted, and then the requisition showed up to claim the ship for free.
Rihannsu
# 9
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
It is probably a display bug only. Sometimes I have to try several times to get a ship as intended.

The good news is, however, that you will be able to use the special consoles that came with the C-Store ships on your later vessels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-24-2012, 03:32 AM
The dialog with admiral quinn is a bit buggy, and doesn't always resolve correctly first time. Repeating the dialog gets the job done.