Lieutenant
# 1 Does no one talk?
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
edit: to clarify, this is about asking in-game with not one person replying. I did do the bridge trick which worked. I still do not see anyone talking outside of the special channel I joined I found on STOwiki.

So I get the boff bug after gaining Lt Comdr, get in my other ship, and figure hey I will go to another sector like I have seen people talking in zone chat.

Two sectors crossed and going down to Memory Alpha and still I can not get them in. I even tried relogging.

I asked in space, and I asked on the planet in zone chat and no one single reply to even if anyone can see chat/is alive.

I thought I used to see a lot of chat on the Earth star base but for some reason it is dead silent.

I rechecked my chat and zone, etc are all checked.

Last edited by itpalg; 02-18-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know the solution for the boff issue, but as for chat, try Earth Space Dock. It's generally the most active zone.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
So I get the boff bug after gaining Lt Comdr, get in my other ship, and figure hey I will go to another sector like I have seen people talking in zone chat.

Two sectors crossed and going down to Memory Alpha and still I can not get them in. I even tried relogging.

I asked in space, and I asked on the planet in zone chat and no one single reply to even if anyone can see chat/is alive.

I thought I used to see a lot of chat on the Earth star base but for some reason it is dead silent.

I rechecked my chat and zone, etc are all checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalayus View Post
I don't know the solution for the boff issue, but as for chat, try Earth Space Dock. It's generally the most active zone.

Rihannsu
# 4
02-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I've heard that going to your bridge can help, although I haven't had to try it.

As for the chat, I have no idea why you aren't seeing anyone talking in ESD, are you sure you didn't uncheck the zone box? Maybe you're on the wrong tab.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Is no one reading what I type?

I said above I checked the boxes and zone is checked, etc.

I even reset all my chat tabs to default.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah whoops. Edit begone. pooofff
Ham I Am. Jacksonville Jaguars Fan. Born and raised in Jacksonville. Join Date Feb 2012

Last edited by jaxjaguars; 02-18-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Lieutenant
# 7
02-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxjaguars View Post
Best suggestion was transwarping to a Fleet Starbase. I have also seen other suggestions like taking a Delta Volanis mission and entering a Borg Red Alert
Uh...wrong thread?
Lieutenant
# 8
02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Just asked in Starbase 39 in zone chat a question....even told people to tell me if people are talking and I just can't see it for some reason to send me a message.

No one did.
Captain
# 9
02-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Have you (possibly) annoyed anyone in any way that warranted in-game silencing?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Lieutenant
# 10
02-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Have you (possibly) annoyed anyone in any way that warranted in-game silencing?
Uh the entire population?

If people would read what the problem is (again):

I do not see the chatter I used to see in zone chat when I first started the game a few days ago.

No one replies to questions or I do not see if they are replying if in fact there is a problem with chat. Otherwise I am finding STO to be a very quiet game when it comes to chat channels.

The only chatter I have seen has been from Storp.org chat which I found on STO wiki, and that seems to be greatly reduced since the first two days I joined it.