Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
...ok...:
to me it's almost impossible to enjoy a match in pvp as a fed, with those two above mentioned abilities in play.

most likely not when a klingon has set an aceton assimiliator in the mid of the fed spawn, as just happened in a match.
it stayed the whole match, torps turrets did not get in action and i got an energy-weapons only build. no speak about 2, 3, or more of them in a row...

advanced power siphons speaks for themselves for anyone who ever crossed their way.

...what you get is just like a switching the off-button of your ship and a cinema view on the last seconds it gots (yeah i know, there's a respawn ...).

i think we're happier, the faster we get rid off both. at least pvp should be a challenge for the kdf too, or is it already one? (the times i tried it with my kdf toon doesn't really seemed so) ^^

may i'm wrong or just have no clue in ship-building. so: what do you think? (beside trolling )

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Career Officer
# 2
10-20-2012, 06:58 AM
I feel ya, man.

Sadly that's the way the game has gone with toys and doffs. There's no turning back unfortunately.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 3
10-20-2012, 07:00 AM
You're certainly not alone in finding these two incredibly annoying.

Some changes are coming for Siphon Drones with Season 7 (according to Borticus). As for AAs, I'm unsure.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 4
10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
You're certainly not alone in finding these two incredibly annoying.

Some changes are coming for Siphon Drones with Season 7 (according to Borticus). As for AAs, I'm unsure.
...hope they make them more like cheapjacks. annoying but not harming, that would be ok for me (INDEED I WANT THEM GO). thx for the input

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-20-2012, 07:25 AM
It's a catch twenty-two. Klinks cry fvk queues are down and some can't figure out why. Now klinks have ams too. This game is not for the lactose intolerant.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Career Officer
# 6
10-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Those people who wont queue would whine about BOPs if there were no consoles.

It's always something with some people.

I always queued solo in FvK with my Fed chars, even when I knew there was a high likelihood of running into QEW/WOG/LORE partial premades or what not.

I miss the old style alpha strike teams.

Edit:

To clarify, this was more in response to Crim's idea that Klingons empty the queues.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 10-20-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Captain
# 7
10-20-2012, 09:01 AM
People should complain less and adapt more. There is already a topic regarding it and a solution prorposed
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Banned
# 8
10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Just have 2 ships that have warp plasma.
One ship with GW (and a doff)

And use Torps. You should be using Torps already in FvK as they are the most reliable bop killing weapon in the entire game.

Also frankly, if leech and aceton are bothering you. Use Power Insulator ranks.

Oh hell and in your case equip some frigging advanced Peregrines and set them to Intercept mode. the peregrines will one shot the drones. Jeeze.
Commander
# 9
10-20-2012, 09:30 AM
For some reason two assimilators can be deployed at a time and in a very short time, which wouldn't be so bad if mines and heavy torpedoes could be used against them. Maybe they can sell us a TBR console with a cool down similar to the assimilators.

If I ever figure out how to load up a Voldy upgrade on my Complaint I'll be thrilled to fire off some Gravity Wells or Warp Plasma.

At least the old Alpha Strike teams took skill and timing.
# 10
10-20-2012, 09:40 AM
The OP is in an Akira. He can already deploy Plasma.

He also thanks to said Akira has the ability to respec himself and put a torp spread with a quantum on standby into his ensign.

He has 2 solid anti spam counters right there that will also increase his over all effectiveness in fvk pvp. Oh my bad if he respecs and gets torps, he has 3 solid fvk choices anyway. hell for carrier duty he could even go without speccing into that torp, just have the ens and a torp in inventory. It'll still oneshot drones.

Cruisers particularly ones with Lt Cmdr Eng slots, should already be carrying warp plas in their builds as that's the only solid thing (along with having double epts and double extends) that a lt cmdr eng cruiser has over the oddy, along with their superior mobility.

Also, mvams should be carrying some kind of AOE CC ability, period in the lt cmdr sci slot. There's no excuse not to, especially in fvk as many of the sci AOEs also disable cloak.

People are just Stupid is 90 percent of the problem.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 10-20-2012 at 09:48 AM.