Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,019
# 101
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Since the stats are already up, and we have seen with the Oddy that 5000 Zen buy you a lot of OP despite all the feedback. Hats down to the testers, whose feedback was so valued that they didn't get to test before the stats were set in stone.

Good job everyone. This thread, like the Vesta's stats, is a joke.
I think the testing was more to make sure it was coded properly, rather than to test the balance.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
# 102
11-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and say it's not that OP'd . Only three weapon slots four and aft nerf the damage output of DHC. For any given ship (Engineering/Science/Escort) there are far better fleet ships availible with better stats. The three consule pieces are nice but that's three slots gone for an OP shield where you can only use science abilities . The Hanger bay is a nice touch. I see this ship in any variant as a neat ship but a master of not one ability . I cannot afford the bundle but I will be getting the tactical one and seeing what I can do to make a scicourt lol but there is a good chance I will be back in an escort without a Commander tac and ony 6 weapon slots. Still its a neat ship and def worth purchasing if they come out with more different ideas I will support with my wallet . If it's teh same old same old I wont be. Now throw this layout on a gorn ship and offer it to the KDF as well as is same consoles and watch as you take my money twice for the same ship
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,732
# 103
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajrek View Post
I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and say it's not that OP'd . Only three weapon slots four and aft nerf the damage output of DHC.

For any given ship (Engineering/Science/Escort) there are far better fleet ships availible with better stats. The three consule pieces are nice but that's three slots gone for an OP shield where you can only use science abilities . The Hanger bay is a nice touch.

I see this ship in any variant as a neat ship but a master of not one ability . I cannot afford the bundle but I will be getting the tactical one and seeing what I can do to make a scicourt lol but there is a good chance I will be back in an escort without a Commander tac and ony 6 weapon slots. Still its a neat ship and def worth purchasing if they come out with more different ideas I will support with my wallet . If it's teh same old same old I wont be. Now throw this layout on a gorn ship and offer it to the KDF as well as is same consoles and watch as you take my money twice for the same ship
Sry but all sci ships have 6 weapon slots, if your feedback consists of not OP because it only has 6 weapons slot, i m guessing you were one of the testers.

NOw which SCIENCE SHIPS are better then the Vesta, do enlighten me

If you think that having Dnubes with TB2 Chroniton procs, and phaser procs, doesn't hand a lot of CC to the CC class in this game, i really recommend you stick to flying escorts.

Oh how about having 3 aux DHC so you can distribute all you powers in just three subsystmes, getting the benefit of full aux sci skills and full energy DHC, totally balanced mon derier.

Nice try
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 104
11-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Oh how about having 3 aux DHC so you can distribute all you powers in just three subsystmes, getting the benefit of full aux sci skills and full energy DHC, totally balanced mon derier.
Well, thats broken ... should be like the Wide Angle Launcher were its one per ship since otherwise everyone would be running with at least 2 of then if not 4.

But still if they are using Aux power they will also drain it, that would reflect on Aux power levels when using a ability when its triggered, its not as much as a 0 Weapons Power build that is a issue but rather the mix of Aux and Weapons power since you can effectively half the power usage by running with a normal DHC and this Aux DHC on frontal loadouts, rear can be mines, and other 0 power weapons and then lets start to consider the power bonus we get from Starship Warp Core Efficiency, its pretty much free power you gaining but running weapons low enough to get a bonus and use the rest in Shields and Aux, the Aux DHC drain would also be keep at a minimum.

If they want to correct this possible issue, just split the drain into Weapons and Aux or make the Aux drain substantial or make it like the Quad cannons with if other weapons are fired it will drain 10 of weapons and I would go with the last solution as if it worked so far it would work now.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 105
11-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well, thats broken ... should be like the Wide Angle Launcher were its one per ship since otherwise everyone would be running with at least 2 of then if not 4.

But still if they are using Aux power they will also drain it, that would reflect on Aux power levels when using a ability when its triggered, its not as much as a 0 Weapons Power build that is a issue but rather the mix of Aux and Weapons power since you can effectively half the power usage by running with a normal DHC and this Aux DHC on frontal loadouts, rear can be mines, and other 0 power weapons and then lets start to consider the power bonus we get from Starship Warp Core Efficiency, its pretty much free power you gaining but running weapons low enough to get a bonus and use the rest in Shields and Aux, the Aux DHC drain would also be keep at a minimum.

If they want to correct this possible issue, just split the drain into Weapons and Aux or make the Aux drain substantial or make it like the Quad cannons with if other weapons are fired it will drain 10 of weapons and I would go with the last solution as if it worked so far it would work now.
How many serious / not broken / not gimped by resistances science abilities do require AUX except heals ?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 106
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
How many serious / not broken / not gimped by resistances science abilities do require AUX except heals ?
Well depends really, repulsors are useful in some STFs and PvE in general when crowd control gets out of hand, same goes with TR and GW, even VM have its uses ... besides Aux does determine hangar timer and this have a hangar.

Of course if you are doing this just for a Tactical were the Science skills are just heals and resistances its still going to have a effect since they still run off Aux ... its just not going to matter to Kirks that dont really care about power levels.

I think the purpose of this was giving the Vesta Dual Cannons without utter screwing it up but instead of a 4/3 layout were the problem would solve itself they gone down the Unique Weapon route, the problem also its not the Vesta itself but rather, other ships that can mount cannons because put this on a Defiant and you start to see how it can break down even more things by being a DHC that runs off Aux and this goes for all the Escorts, heck look at the Armitage that is a Torpedo boat that runs on High Aux since its a carrier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
# 107
11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Sign me up, LTS, PVE, STF, Costume Pattern


Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
"We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
# 108
11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I am a lifetime member of the community and my science officer Neda Kriz has always been on the test server since the stone age :-) I would be more than happy to donate my time to test further items for the community;

Many thanks
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,193
# 109
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
For a sci ship its definitely op, but its not going to be some game breaker.

If you run standard cannons and turrets you have the same old sci power problems and lose subsystem targetting, you get closer to a watered down escort

If you run the aux cannons then your turrets (which do far more damage than most people think being on 100% of the time) are going to be doing nothing. You still lose subsystem targeting.

You'll be bursty for a sci ship, but your damage isn't going to be op, you'll be an asset for sure. Now the tanky version is a little crazy.. but not much of a threat
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 110
11-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well depends really, repulsors are useful in some STFs and PvE in general when crowd control gets out of hand, same goes with TR and GW, even VM have its uses ... besides Aux does determine hangar timer and this have a hangar.
Aux on TBR is contra-productive, as it does not raise dmg, just pushes the target further - sometimes even outside of your TBR ranger.

GW = well the dmg is pitiful, the hold is gimped because of game engine limitation

VM does not require aux

The only upside for the aux dual cannons is, that the person probably wont use aux to bat build
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 AM.