Commander
# 1 the new and old 3 piece sets?
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Has anybody posted all the old sets (borg, M.A.C.O. algus...ect.) and if and how they have changed in testing? I also keep hearing there is a new borg set with the universal console, what are the other 2 parts of it? Thanks in advance.
Captain
# 2
10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Cutting Beam Array and Omega Torpedo. They are available at Tier 2 and Tier 4 of the Omega Fleet Reputation system. The assimilated tractor beam set bonus is added to the 3-piece set bonus. The Cutting Beam Array is supposed to be a kinetic beam array so beam array with little damage to shields and lots of damage to hull. Not sure about specifics of Omega Torpedo.
Career Officer
# 3
10-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Cutting Beam Array and Omega Torpedo. They are available at Tier 2 and Tier 4 of the Omega Fleet Reputation system. The assimilated tractor beam set bonus is added to the 3-piece set bonus. The Cutting Beam Array is supposed to be a kinetic beam array so beam array with little damage to shields and lots of damage to hull. Not sure about specifics of Omega Torpedo.
The Cutting beam also is unusable with the Beam Boff Powers, so It had better have decently high damage. Otherwise, I see no point to putting it in a forward slot.
Commander
# 4
10-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Has anybody taken screen shots of the new consoles/weapons?
Captain
# 5
10-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo1 View Post
Has anybody posted all the old sets (borg, M.A.C.O. algus...ect.) and if and how they have changed in testing? I also keep hearing there is a new borg set with the universal console, what are the other 2 parts of it? Thanks in advance.
Second Post
Captain
# 6
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo1 View Post
Has anybody taken screen shots of the new consoles/weapons?
The store system isn't live yet from my understanding, and getting to those Tiers will take time (the first Omega Tier projects have a 1 Day 15 hour cooldown,) so not yet.

As to further changes, the Borg tractor beam only deals Kinectic damage if the target has been hit with the cutter beam in the last 4 seconds, according to the pop-up for the tractor beam.
Captain
# 7
10-24-2012, 12:45 AM
On the topic of sets, has there been any discussion on improving the "Aegis" set? Specifically the Engines and Shields, which are rather lackluster compared to the STF sets. I realize Aegis isn't part of their idea of "endgame sets", but it cost rather much to build the set, so it should certainly have stats that fit the cost.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
On the topic of sets, has there been any discussion on improving the "Aegis" set? Specifically the Engines and Shields, which are rather lackluster compared to the STF sets. I realize Aegis isn't part of their idea of "endgame sets", but it cost rather much to build the set, so it should certainly have stats that fit the cost.
Yeah. Branflakes (I'm pretty sure, know it was a yellowbox) did come into a thread a few days (a week?) ago and stated that the Aegis is as intended in its role as an early set, that it's a bridge from randoms until characters get STF sets.

Last edited by kasandaro; 10-24-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: uncaffeinated, hedging my memory.
Captain
# 9
10-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandaro View Post
Yeah. Branflakes (I'm pretty sure, know it was a yellowbox) did come into a thread a few days (a week?) ago and stated that the Aegis is as intended in its role as an early set, that it's a bridge from randoms until characters get STF sets.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=419941&page=2
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html