i would be interested in knowing what do you think is the best 5 ships and what is the bottom 5 ships currently in STO? i would exclude tier 1 & 2 ships, but leave in tier 3 ships primarily becasue of the defiant.
for me it's:
1. jem bug
2. fleet defiant
3. fleet mvae/mobius
4. fleet reconnaissance science vessel/chimera
5. recluse carrier
- sao paulo
Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc, "I.K.S. ET'T'PRS" / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste, "U.S.S. WASTEJUTSU"
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARK PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
1) Excelsior - for a Tac it's simply a wonderful cruiser.
2) Kar'fi (KDF but you didn't specify faction) - a great ship for KDF Sci's - incredible fun.
3) Peghqu' - a little weak on the shields front but it's versatile, unique and the Battle Cloak makes it superior to the Chimera.
4) Chimera - again, versatile and unique - a lot of fun irrespective of profession.
5) K't'inga Retrofit/Fleet K't'inga - there's 'better' ships but nothing with as much old-school charm except...
6) Exeter with Constitution Refit skin - just because...
And as you may have gathered - I don't like Escorts
1) Odyssey in all its variants - too slow and lumbering for my taste.
2) Defiant Retrofit - I have one, I fly it occasionally, I hate it.
3) Sovereign - just - meh. I want to like it but it doesn't do anything particularly well.
4) Vor'cha Retrofit - similar complaint to the Sovvy - at first I liked it but irrespective of profession you end up with similar builds. Reliable but oh so vanilla.
5) Any of the Galaxy variants - just awful, awful ships.