Commander
The tender caring love idea for the captains table I had while compiling the temporal missions for the wiki, and with the klingon chain I came up when I spend some brainjuice on how the frak I am supposed to get 1000 targ hearts.

All assignments should be possible in Omega Leonis and it's 'subzones' (Rura Penthe, First City etc etc.)

1/4 Participate in a Ritual Targ Hunt - Development - Uncommon - 4 Hours - Casualty Risk: Medium

Your honorable acts have not gone unnoticed, you have been chosen to participate in a ritual targ hunt assisting a minor noble house warrior in his preparation for the day of honor.

Tactical/Security x2 Any Officer x3
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable, Aggressive, Stubborn
Success: Honorable, Aggressive, Stubborn
Failure: Stubborn, Unscrupulous, Unruly
Critical Failure: Stubborn, Unscrupulous, Unruly

Assignment rewards a Heart of Targ on success, 3 on a critical.

Repeatable: More Hunts!

2/4 Prepare Meal for Day of Honor - Development - Uncommon - 4 Hours - Casualty Risk: Low

Because your crew was a major contribution to the success of the previous hunt, you have been tasked with preparing the required meal, both an honor and a duty to the Empire.

Requires: Rokeg Blood Pie x5, Klingon Heart of Targ x1

Chef x1
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable, Stubborn
Success: Chef
Failure: Stubborn, Unruly, Cunning
Critical Failure: Stubborn, Unruly, Cunning
Advisor x1
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable
Success: Advisor
Failure: Unruly, Cunning, Congenial
Critical Failure: Unruly, Cunning, Congenial
Any Officer x1
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable
Success: Advisor
Failure: Unruly, Cunning, Congenial
Critical Failure: Unruly, Cunning, Congenial

No repeatable

3/4 Twenty Painsticks & a Battle - Development - Rare - 8 Hours - Casualty Risk: Medium

Given your enduring success it is no surprise that part of the 20 warriors for the next ritual are drawn from your crew.
Any Officer x5
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable, Aggressive
Success: Tactical, Security
Failure: Unruly, Congenial, Unscrupulous
Critical Failure: Unruly, Congenial, Unscrupulous, Aggressive

Outcomes: while a success is kind of clear a failure or critical failure could mean that that the noble who does the ritual gets unneccessary injuries or even has to about the ritual.

Repeatable: Other noble houses have noticed your diligent crew and request their assistance too. - Rarity lowered to uncommon.

4/4 Dispatch shuttle to Gorath - Military - Rare - 8 Hours - Casualty Risk: High

A rival house successfully has disabled the shuttle tasked bringing the noble to the sulfur lagoons of Gorath. Can you ensure successful completion of the day's rituals and prevent the shame of an uncomplete ritual from the house?
Security x2
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable, Resilient
Success: Security Officer, Resilient
Failure: Unscrupulous, Unruly
Critical Failure: Unscrupulous, Unruly
Engineering x1
Critical Success: Spiritual, Honorable, Efficient
Success: Efficient, Maintenance Engineer
Failure: Stubborn, Unruly
Critical Failure: Stubborn, Unruly
Tactical x1
Success: Conn Officer, Resilient
Any Officer x1:
Success: Advisor, Resilient

Outcomes: A success would be managing to find the noble and complete the trip through the lagoons finishing the day of honor.
A critical success would in addition cover up any involvement of the rival house, making the noble's house save face.
A failure would mean you saved the noble but didn't have enough time left to finish the rituals - a stain is left on the house.
Critical Failure: Despite your crews best efforts you failed to locate the noble's shuttle, only the rivals house strike team might know what happened and given the reputation of that particular house even they might not remember for long.......

Repeatable: Increase rarity to very rare.
While your dashing rescue of a certain noble was never mentioned in public it looks like some people just know. And now that they face a similar problem they turn to you to solve it.

Given that a successful cover up (critical success) at the end could be pretty difficult a shiny player reward for achieving that could be in it too! Accolade or yet another title.

--------------snip--------------

now back to tender loving care for captains table

what about enabling (very rare) variations of the various lockbox assignments in there? it might be just stupid but at least for the temporal assignments it looked like a fitting place for them 'outside' the temporal beacons. And I don't know how much work it would be to make the variations. But if it is not 'that' much it might be something worth to consider. *shrug*

------snap------

Comments?
Rihannsu
# 2
10-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Like your ideas duke .I doubt, however, that the bartender and chef commodities are a dev oversight though. They repeatedly said that they have been lookcing at the input requirements and adjusted them.

1000 Heart of Targ is what they want them to be, not that i agree with this, but thats how it looks to me.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
# 3
10-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Oversight or not, the chef upgrade could prove to be the one project that destroys fleets

Imagine some stupid mistake slotting that and being stuck for literally months because there is no reliable way to get klingon heart of targs.

I am neither a casual player nor do I throw away any food item that I cannot aquire in another way. In the ~33 months I played I aquired 18 of them. One I used for tribble breeding, five I needed to crit culinary credentials. That leaves me with 12 of them.

So to complete that upgrade you need ~100 players who spent the same amount of time 'and' had the knowledge to save that food instead of dismissing it. And are willing to contribute instead of giving in to the temptation to sell it for a quick million EC per piece.

Yeah, so I can totally see it happen that upgrade starbase chef does not get fleets stuck for weeks but for months.

Romulan Ale, Dosi Rotgut & Cardassian Tjaspar Eggs all are obtainable through more or less reliable means.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
Oversight or not, the chef upgrade could prove to be the one project that destroys fleets

Imagine some stupid mistake slotting that and being stuck for literally months because there is no reliable way to get klingon heart of targs.

I am neither a casual player nor do I throw away any food item that I cannot aquire in another way. In the ~33 months I played I aquired 18 of them. One I used for tribble breeding, five I needed to crit culinary credentials. That leaves me with 12 of them.

So to complete that upgrade you need ~100 players who spent the same amount of time 'and' had the knowledge to save that food instead of dismissing it. And are willing to contribute instead of giving in to the temptation to sell it for a quick million EC per piece.

Yeah, so I can totally see it happen that upgrade starbase chef does not get fleets stuck for weeks but for months.

Romulan Ale, Dosi Rotgut & Cardassian Tjaspar Eggs all are obtainable through more or less reliable means.
Yes imagine a bunch of fleets breaking up at T3, according to Cryptic's logic they all are going to come back and happily start over gain with T1. MOOOARRR money for Cryptic NAO
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013