Captain
number 1) Cooldowns.. these are so annoying.. my fleet wants to do a STF.. no problem. wait there is a problem, 2 has 20 minutes on infected.. one has 15 minutes on cure.. one just did kase.. oh guess no fleet STF..

get rid of these.. they dont do anything but get in the way..

number 2) Segregation.. so i have some federation friends and i want to run a STF.. in order to invite them i have to make a private match and find a FULL team.. this is almost as hard as number 1.. basically because of number 1.. 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there.. blah blah blah.. let us make mixed teams and pug..

number 3) joining already in progress STFs.. this should be an option .. not default..

number 4) STFs need to be upped to 10 players max.. it sucks when you have to leave a man out cause you got 6 or more.. plus then you got a cooldown and you cant go again

Last edited by aarons9; 10-24-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Commander
# 2
10-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
number 1) Cooldowns.. these are so annoying.. my fleet wants to do a STF.. no problem. wait there is a problem, 2 has 20 minutes on infected.. one has 15 minutes on cure.. one just did kase.. oh guess no fleet STF..

number 2) Segregation.. so i have some federation friends and i want to run a STF.. in order to invite them i have to make a private match and find a FULL team.. this is almost as hard as number 1.. basically because of number 1.. 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there.. blah blah blah.. let us make mixed teams and pug..

number 3) joining already in progress STFs.. this should be an option .. not default..

number 4) STFs need to be upped to 10 players max.. it sucks when you have to leave a man out cause you got 6 or more.. plus then you got a cooldown and you cant go again
Number 1) Unfortunately, no way around that one mostly because they don't want people dil or equipment farming (while yes, the equipment part goes away in S7, the dil does not)

Number 2) You're doing it wrong. Make a team, go to the queues, hit "Queue Team". Feature has been there forever

Number 3) Not sure this is intentional, but I agree.. I don't love getting dumped into failed Cure/Infected matches.

Number 4) This would make the STFs easier than they already are. Do the current (or upcoming) 20-man events for large groups, or multi-team Defera.
Captain
# 3
10-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post

No, they actually make people do multiple runs instead of just the easiest most efficient one over and over. This is fine, the cool-downs are short, it's not a problem.

Quote:
I agree. Not only this, but Klingons are often effectively locked out of many fleet actions because they simply don't have the numbers to fill faction specific events.

Quote:
I think I've only had this happen once, and I've run hundreds of STFs. But I have no objections.

Quote:
No, the STFs are tuned to 5 man encounters. They are already easy enough, they don't need to be made easier. There is always going to be a cutoff, and you have to draw the line somewhere. Five is a good number.
Captain
# 4
10-24-2012, 04:09 AM
heres more

increasing respawn timer.. this does nothing but hurt the team.
if you get someone on your team that isnt geared up and dies a few time then he becomes a liability.. you cant remove him from your team and you usually fail.. get rid of them.. make it a fixed 5 seconds or whatever.
Captain
# 5
10-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
No, they actually make people do multiple runs instead of just the easiest most efficient one over and over. This is fine, the cool-downs are short, it's not a problem.
an hour is short??
who cares if someone does the same one over and over? its not like any one stf is easier then the other.

sometimes i cant even make a team cause someone is on a cd.

cool downs are dumb. maybe if they were 10 minutes or so.. not an hour.
Career Officer
# 6
10-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Infected space can not fail, and beyond that is so easy it isn't funny, of course some are easier than others.

The cooldowns are fine, 1hr is not that long. If your fleet is so scattered and uncommunicative that everyone is running their own STFs then can't get together at one point to run one that isn't the game's fault, it is your fleets and its members. There are 6 (soon to be 7) STF timers, if you can't run them all you are intentionally trying to screw stuff up.

I get why we can't cross faction team up, it would cause all kinds of issues with game play in non-associated areas, there are many ways to get people for private matches though, not knowing how is someone's own fault.

Getting dumped into failed/finished cure seems common with the leave button bug. Infected PUGs typcially end up with swarms of spheres over running the place. It does suck being pulled into another's failure and then being penalized for it, at the least you should get an option to abandon within 30s without penalty.

Teams are 5 or 20 in the whole game, STFs are not an exception.. why this needs changing is beyond me.
Captain
# 7
10-24-2012, 03:01 PM
try getting people to wait for you.. if youre on CD youre left out.. somoene else will fill the queue.
then they are on CD when you are not.. it has nothing to do with the fleet. it has to do with 5 spots and 1 hour cooldowns.. of there is more then 5 people that want to go.. but not 10.. someone gets left out. they cant simply go next time either.. cause then you run into the problem that i stated.. 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there..

just because you like to wait around for an hour and stare at a computer screen waiting for a team doesnt mean i do..

infected space for me is the one that usually takes the longest.. maybe its cause its the one all the noobs do? it is really not the easiest.. specially if you arent all geared up..
Captain
# 8
10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
The cooldowns are completely pointless and only there to stretch out the content really, stopping dil farmers is as easy as only rewarding dil when the end-map flag's been triggered (which is already what happens).

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 9
10-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
Number 2) You're doing it wrong. Make a team, go to the queues, hit "Queue Team". Feature has been there forever
I think that what he is complaining about is the inability to do cross-faction teams except by creating a private instance.