Starfleet Veteran
Running (and winning) STFs under the new system is simply missing something at the end.

The feeling of accomplishment when you pick up your loot and see what it is.

Now I am not proposing a gear dropor something like that.

Just a little something that isn't game changing in any way but still nice to have.

Like an accolade token that will eventually get you a trophy for completing a number of specific STFs.

Just something physical to pick up and that has a slight random factor to it...

Like every STF trophy needs a number of unique tokens...say ten pieces that are about as rare as data trace samples...

This is one idea... I am sure there are many others...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Tailor costume?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-25-2012, 04:31 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of ship display trophies.

But yeah, costume pieces would be a nice possibility, too.

Not entire costumes at once, but bits and pieces would do just fine:

A new helmet, a belt, boots, I-fought-the-Borg-and-all-I-got-was-this-lousy-T-shirt T-shirt...
Captain
# 4
10-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Can't say I agree with this. The problem with STFs as they are now is that some lucky player gets his "instant gratification drop" while everyone else gets their "instant disappointment" lack of a drop. That's the problem with chance-based drops. Adding new drops (even cosmetic) in STFs under the new system would just upset players who'd grind all day/week/month/year for a drop and never see one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-25-2012, 06:34 AM
I am not talkign about something with the same chance of dropping a proto tech.

I am talking about a 100% drop of a piece of a puzzle...

just which piece you get should be kind of random... But no more difficult to get than a specific rare data trace sample, which can take some work but won't be nearly as frustrating.

The main thought behind this is to give the player something to pick up, a direct reward he can "touch"... abstract marks don't cut it for that I think.
Captain
# 6
10-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I am talking about a 100% drop of a piece of a puzzle...

just which piece you get should be kind of random...
Yeah, it'd really suck if some players might only get multiple copies of pieces they already had and never received drops for the pieces they needed. Such a thing would happen often and lead to much complaining. Still a bad idea.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Well, what would you suggest then? Keep the completion of an STF void an empty? Or do you have a better idea for something that players can take home?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm thinking they might want to do something like the holiday race event from last year, where you get a box that gives you either some random item and/or stuff you can use to craft something cool, like outfit pieces or something.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I'd say just increase the chances of getting higher level/quality rewards.
Lieutenant
# 10
10-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I see the leather man has time to criticize a good idea but no time to add something constructive!!!!! You dont get certain drops in STF's by chance you get them when you have completed the mission better than anyone else in the team and it isnt to do with shooting more ememys than anyone else either its to do with how you complete the mission and the way you do it. Everytime ive got a Mk12 drops ive had the lowest DPS and at times the weakest ship in turms of class. I think they need to do a lot of work regarding the STF's in every department and even need to add quite a few new ones due to the lack of new content!!!!! I do agree regarding something you should get after doing so many STF's and trust me ive done to many but i cant see it happening any time soon due to other parts of the game that need to be done first but yes they deffenately need to sort the rewards out as well as other things to show how well you have been doing since you played your first STF.