Republic Veteran
# 181
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The old system had a reward table with a small percentage chance of the mk xii prototype tech dropping, and even then it required a specific STF for each gear. Since this is considered the best gear in the game, we wanted to keep it challenging to obtain while drastically reducing the amount of STFs needed to get the gear sets. We calculated a 60% reduction in the number of STFs needed to get the gear when making the new system. Also, we wanted to give credit to players who had already been hunting for these items by giving them a conversion crate that allows for a further reduction beyond that.

Since the Reputation system is similar to the Fleet System, projects have a set time limit to completion. We calculate that even if you have all the items necessary as inputs for all the projects, the time needed to complete all projects is going to be around 2 months.

When we say "casual" play - we calculate that a player can earn all inputs necessary to complete the Rep system by playing three 1-hour session per week. That is very casual when compared to the greater amount of time most players actually play. We do not anticiapte anyone needing to trade for any Dilithium in order to complete this system as they should be able to easily earn enough in three 1-hour sessions per week given the amount of Dilithium players earn on average per session.
Thank you for answering.

Three 1 Hour Sessions a week isn't too bad actually. When I play STO I play for longer periods of time than one hour.

While not thrilled overall with the new system, I guess I'll change my stance from "BLARGH" to "wait and see."
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Empire Veteran
# 182
10-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
The old system had a reward table with a small percentage chance of the mk xii prototype tech dropping, and even then it required a specific STF for each gear. Since this is considered the best gear in the game, we wanted to keep it challenging to obtain while drastically reducing the amount of STFs needed to get the gear sets. We calculated a 60% reduction in the number of STFs needed to get gear when making the new system. Also, we wanted to give credit to players who had already been hunting for these items by giving them a conversion crate that allows for a further reduction beyond that.

Since the Reputation system is similar to the Fleet System, projects have a set time limit to completion. We calculate that even if you have all the items necessary as inputs for all the projects, the time needed to complete all projects is going to be around 2 months.

When we say "casual" play - we calculate that a player can earn all inputs necessary to complete the Rep system by playing three 1-hour session per week. That is very casual when compared to the greater amount of time most players actually play. We do not anticiapte anyone needing to trade for any Dilithium in order to complete this system as they should be able to easily earn enough in three 1-hour sessions per week given the amount of Dilithium players earn on average per session.
are you telling me that no matter how much i play how much i grind i cannot do full mk XII set any faster than 2 months game time ?

why are you doing this to us ?

what have we done wrong to get this punnishment ?
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 183
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Our calculations show on average a 60% reduction in the number of runs needed to get a full gear set using the Task Force Omega Reputation System versus the odds of getting the random drops you need. It is still challenging, but much easier and less random than it was before.
Only for new players.

As a result of doing the following, you added 40% more work for veterans to get everything back.

Quote:
NOTE: All STF ?currency? items not spent before Season 7 launch will be converted to the new system!

There are 42 items that will be converted including:

Encrypted Data Chips (EDCs)
Marks of Requisition
Recruit, Veteran, and Elite Requisitions
Rare and Prototype Borg Salvage
Common, Rare, and Prototype Tech

All types of these items will be immediately converted to Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors when the owning character logs in for the first time after Season 7 releases.

Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.
Someone needs to file a class action lawsuit for fraud.

If you guys immediately gave people what they originally earned, you would not be committing an actual crime.

You chose to turn this into a con job.

You guys are stealing the progress of veteran players, and then telling them they have to repurchase them at a higher cost.

You guys are committing a con.

Last edited by linyive; 10-24-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I imagine they did this:
Probability of getting prototype tech: P (let's say, 0.02) -- or 1 in 50
Then the median player would get it in: 3/P (or 150) runs

Instead of doing 3/P runs, it is now 60% less runs (or 150*0.4 = 60 runs total).
While one of the designers did the math and gave me the 60% reduction, this is similar to the logic used.

We looked at how many runs a player would need to have a statistical chance of getting the drop, then reduced the total number of runs needed to max out and get it in the new system.

In addition, for those who have already done a lot of STF runs, we're converting those currencies to the new ones so that once you hit the tier when you can purchase the sets, you'll have an even further reduction in cost based on the conversion rate of your previous items.

So in essence it is similar to a significant improvement in the drop rate of the item, but as part of the new Reputation System. The reason why we we didn't just change the drop rate is because it was still random and still hooked up to specific STFs. Now you can do any Borg content and get items needed to get your gear and don't have some people getting "lucky" and others "unlucky". Plus it is now structurally similar to how other Reputations work in the game such as the Romulan reputation and others that are coming down the road.

Last edited by dastahl; 10-24-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Commander
# 185
Quote:
Dilithium, Fleet Marks, Omega Marks, and Romulan Marks will be available from a wide variety of missions once Season 7 launches.

Generally speaking
if it is missions against the Borg, it will reward Omega Marks.

If it is missions involving New Romulus or the new Sector it will reward Omega Marks

All Fleet Actions that previously rewarded Gear only, will now reward Gear and Dilithium at all scores with a special 2x Dilithium bonus for coming in Gold on an STF.

Fleet Marks will be available from more PVE Queue missions.

Dilithium Ore will be available from more missions and via the Reputation system
So STF wont reward Dilithium anymore?
Commander
# 186
Quote:
The old system had a reward table with a small percentage chance of the mk xii prototype tech dropping, and even then it required a specific STF for each gear. Since this is considered the best gear in the game, we wanted to keep it challenging to obtain while drastically reducing the amount of STFs needed to get the gear sets. We calculated a 60% reduction in the number of STFs needed to get gear when making the new system. Also, we wanted to give credit to players who had already been hunting for these items by giving them a conversion crate that allows for a further reduction beyond that.

Thanks for the answer :-)

So that means I can finally do other things and still get my last drop in 2 months :-)

But your hardcore farmer will not be pleased
Until they realize they can do the grind for all 20+ chars they have and continue to be grumpy grinders
Survivor of Remus
# 187
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:

When you crunched the numbers on this,did you factor in all the other things that cost Dilithium?
Empire Veteran
# 188
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
While one of the designers did the math and gave me the 60% reduction, this is similar to the logic used.

We looked at how many runs a player would need to have a statistical chance of getting the drop, then reduced the total number of runs needed to max out and get it in the new system.

So in essence it is similar to a significant improvement in the drop rate of the item, but as part of the new Reputation System. The reason why we we didn't just change the drop rate is because it was still random and still hooked up to specific STFs. Now you can do any Borg content and get items needed to get your gear and don't have some people getting "lucky" and others "unlucky". Plus it is now structurally similar to how other Reputations work in the game such as the Romulan reputation and others that are coming down the road.
i can see your avoiding to answer this question but i will ask it again.

Are you saying that no matter how much i play no matter how much i grind it will always take 2 months game time to get a full MK XII set ?

please this is very important question here.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Career Officer
# 189
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
For the most part, I'm happy that the random chance nonsense is going away. I'm more encouraged to play Elite STFs to finally get some MKXII items and for it to actually be achievable within a reasonable time frame. (After the reputation grind)

It took me about 2-3 months of grinding to earn MkXI Omega and MACO space and ground sets and anti-Borg weaponry with the old system. Since I'm already geared and ready to go, I won't have much to gain from the system until hitting Tier 5 when I can actually start upgrading my MkXI items to MkXII, and when my locked converted currencies become available to use. That long wait is what has me a bit upset about the new system. I say "a bit upset" because I'm content with the MkXI items I have now. It's more than enough to deal with the Borg in STFs. It just sucks having to wait about two months grinding through projects before I can unlock permission to purchase MkXII shinies.

All I really want is helmets for my MACO and Omega outfits (and gloves for MACO). But, I have to go through all THIS just to get them.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 190
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Perhaps i should not have said this was not a big issue - I actually have no idea how many people purchase these doff's with their edc's.
I am actually interested to know - I like the Borg security duty officers.
Closed Thread