Empire Veteran
# 201
10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkerr View Post
Still havn't seen an answer as to WHY we need Dilithium at all to work a so-called "reputation" system then use it again for some we could previously get by playing.

Not that the answer is likley to satisfy but trying to explain it would amuse me.
It's very easy. Cryptic's Chinese masters are adding in a layer of asian grind monetization to the western market, hoping the Star Trek IP is enough to keep us spoiled westerners interested.
Empire Veteran
# 202
10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
It has been stated several times now that the Omega Fleet Reputation system will take approximately 60-90 days to complete. Once completed you can continually run projects to obtain Set gear. In addition, the stores that sell non-set gear will be permanently opened up and you can then buy gear to your heart's content.

You only have to level the rep system once and it does take 60-90 days playing 3 sessions of one-hour per week to gather all the inputs necessary to complete it.

During that time, you'll also be earning new rewards such as Captain's power that previously did not exist but were added as new rewards.

In addition, any STF currencies you do not spend prior to Season 7 launch will be put in a crate that will be unlocked and accessible as a lump sum (Omega Marks, BNPs, and Dilithium). once you max out the Omega Fleet (when all the gear projects and stores unlock) so that you'll be able to have a leg up on buying the gear (versus waiting to get the random drops previously).

Or you'll be able to take those items and run projects to convert it to Dilithium.

The 60-90 days needed to max out the system is still statistically less time that would be needed to gain a specific piece of prototype tech for a MK XII.

So instead of running STFs and leaving everything to chance, you will now have a progression showing you how long and how much it takes to get any specific piece of gear you want.
thank you for answering my question but ur saying that 60 - 90 days is what it takes.

why so long ?

what is wrong with 10 days or even 15 days ?

why the very big big big leap of 60 - 90 days ?

thats what i cannot understand.

if i take a day and grind for 19 hours straight in this game. i want it to be rewarding.

but now you are saying that no matter what i do im always on the schedule of 60 - 90 days.

i dont understand how it works or why ?
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Career Officer
# 203
10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
thank you for answering my question but ur saying that 60 - 90 days is what it takes.

why so long ?

if i take a day and grind for 19 hours straight in this game. i want it to be rewarding.

but now you are saying that no matter what i do im always on the schedule of 60 - 90 days.

I think he means it'll take 60-90 days if you play casually for 1 hour only 3 times a week. I supposed if you play more than that rate, you'll get it faster.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene

Last edited by altechachan; 10-24-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Captain
# 204
Quote:
Until the final numbers are implemented, I don't have this specific data point. We do plan on implementing this on Tribble soon so that you can log in and see the exact conversion your character received.
You guys are stealing the progress of veteran players, and then telling them they have to repurchase them at a higher cost.

You guys are committing a con.

Its as simple as that.

Regardless about what your numbers say, they don't justify what this system is meant to do. You want more money from veteran players, so you came up with an elaborate con to get us to pay twice for the same product.

I am someone who pays for zen. You want me to pay more for the products I already earned (bought).

Quote:
Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.
Other words, you have to spend more time and money to get what you originally earned.

Last edited by linyive; 10-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkerr View Post
Still havn't seen an answer as to WHY we need Dilithium at all to work a so-called "reputation" system then use it again for some we could previously get by playing
It is a distribution of effort and part of a game system. Effort = reward.

Dilithium represents generic game time. This can be gained from a number of sources.
Omega Marks represents effort fighting the Borg. This can only be gained from Borg content.
Borg Neural Processors represents effort fighting Elite STFs. This is only gain from Elite STFs.

The new system asks that in order to get the best gear in the game, you have to do a little of everything. Play the game, run some STFs, fight the Borg = here's your mark XII set.

This leads to a more measurable and balanced outcome than randomly play one STF and get the fat loot because you got super lucky.
Starfleet Veteran
# 206
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post

why so long ?

Put it this way; would you rather get the content quickly and easily, and spend the next two months being bored, or get the content through work and dedication over the course of a couple of months and feel the satisfaction of EARNING the rewards?

For me, it's the latter.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Survivor of Remus
# 207
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Mr. Stahl,why do you keep tiptoeing around the questions about the Dilithium being added to the reputation systems (a.k.a the Dilithium tax on STF gear)?
Commander
# 208
10-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:

- Once we have the final conversion numbers established, we will be updating TRIBBLE with the conversion script so that any character can log in individually and see the amount of Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium they will be receiving. This way you'll see exactly what each character will get and you can decide to cash out for Dilithium or not before Season 7.
What if we run more STFs, get more Tech, EDCs, and/or Salvage, but we can't transfer characters to Tribble?

I'm finding that problem with 2 characters right now. While I don't have any EDCs, Salvages, or Tech on them, what about people who do but can't transfer characters to Tribble?

(BTW, customer service has been less than helpful. They basically said "If you transferred one there before, you may not be able to do so after.")
Career Officer
# 209
So after the whole last season of ignoring the injustice of those mythical tech drop rates and player complaints, now as the next season comes over the horizon, The tune changes :

Come back, it was unfair, we admit ! We've fixed it ! Come back and grind yet some more !

As one player, I can only speak for myself, but this endless grind, in rehashed missions, to get rehashed rewards, that only get watered down AFTER one has ground for them, is starting to loose that luster along with all my enthusiasm.

I sure don't know what you guys are doing over there, but it becomes clear to me with each passing day, you aren't thinking up ways to make this game more exciting or dare I say it, FUN or entertaining. More of a grind...certainly.
I wish you guys would do something radical and perhaps come up with more of a balance between the grind AND entertainment, but that might require some thought and maybe the slightest concern over whether a player is actually enjoying themselves.

Think I'm blowing smoke? Take a gander at all those "My worst STF experience" threads that pop up all over the place. Rather than take them exactly at face value, I see it as an ever increasing sign that people are getting sick of the endless grind to get NOTHING special. And that other players ultimately suffer for it. I can't begin to list all of the abuse I've read in chat over these past few enchanted months over elitism, selfishness over optional rewards by those who greed everything.... I could go on, but what's the point?

I'm thinking it might be time for a personal little break after two somewhat years.
So, I should give it exactly how long, for you guys to get the KDF up to specs and release the Romulans as a playable faction?

Which brings me to another suspicion, with all this focus on Romulans in season 7, and New Romulas and all, might we expect a Warbird in the next lock box? Just like Tholian vessels were in the last season with "content' dedicated to them?

Now you've gotten all that feedback in your last poll, I'm sure some genius over there has figured out a way to exploit those who want to play a Romulan, whilest doing the least amount of actual work.
I'm sure the luckiest among-st us with the most amount of dissposable income will enjoy whatever you come up with for season 7.

The rest of us will just have to stay content grinding away for piles of tribbles, a few security guards, pots and plants and new stores to open up to spend even more real world money, for what's already in the game in one fashion or another.
New Rule: Please refrain from naming your starships after reproductive acts, or bodyparts. Nothing says I'm still a virgin more.
Captain
# 210
Quote:
Dilithium represents generic game time.
You know I would believe this... if I couldnt acquire Dilithium by buying Zen.
Closed Thread