Career Officer
# 241
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
With the increase in Dilithium prices with Season 7,the "effort vs reward" is greatly skewed.It is true that the randomness of the MK XII drops can be very,very frustrating.But adding this Dilithium tax on STF gear only replaces one type of frustration with another.You cannot seriously believe people are going to be happy with a system that requires more refined Dilithium across the board without being able to increase our supply of refined Dilithium,except for buying it with real money.
Huzzah, I'm not alone!

Now, it wouldn't be so bad if DL was ACTUALLY the time based currency Cryptic said it would be but it couldn't be further from it and as such, it is a problem.
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/vector7_bucket/Batman-Arkham-City-The-Joker-Trailer-Banner-614x239.jpg
Career Officer
# 242
as far as the "conversion"goes...

When Cryptic "cleaned up the multitude of marks and replaced it with Dilithium, I was completely screwed over... I had enough marks to outfit 10 ships with top-of-the-line gear, + hundreds of other marks that could buy other things, and after the conversion to Dilithium I didn't have enough Dilithium to outfit even one ship!

I think this time I'll just lean back and let them have their way with me. I know it's gonna happen and I can't stop it anyway.
Captain
# 243
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-24-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
This would be understand able if Dilthium really is time currency. But it far from it. If that where the case everything we do would reward some amount of Dilthium. While there are thing that do there far more that do not.

Such as every story mission. All the Fleet Event items.

This is just taking a game that was fun and little grind and once again turn it into grind feast. But it clear that that what you want reqardless of what we want. Which is why I stop spending on this game.
Correction: It's what PWE wants and Cryptic has to do it or they lose the people paying for their MMOs.

Seriously, stop blaming Cryptic. It's more than likely PWE's idea 50% of the time.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 245
10-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.

For Fleet Actions, in addition to the gear drops there is a chance to earn:
Gold: Purple + 2x Dilithium amount
Silver: Purple + 1x Dilithium amount
Bronze: Blue + 1x Dilithium amount
All others: Green + 1x Dilithium amount

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).
This is the other thing that bugs me a lot and again shows me how out of touch you and your team are.

What your saying is in an stf you will have a similar system to say battlefield ? im asusming youve played those games mr stahl ?

At the moment you can get multiple puprle salvage across groups of players where as now your segregating it into gold/silver/bronze etc ?

so how will those positions be measured ? will there be a similar system to pvp scoreboards ? will it be a mesaure of damage or healing ?

the questions raised are endless. Please do elaborate on how this is going to work ? please do enlighten us ? im sure it will reinforce just how ludicrous and silly the coming changes are ?

Im not gonna sit here all night and ask quesitons. At the end of the day itys up to you as an EP to encourage me and persuade me to play STO. If you dont want me playing your game its fine i can take my monies to other MMOS. Because right now your sat there in your glass protected dome with your finngers in your ears "going la la la la" ignoring the people who have supported and played this game and chucked a lot of money at you/cryptic and now PWE nad this is the thanks ?

Oh and smart move leaving zynga. I see they laid off a lot of people in the news today.
Empire Veteran
# 246
im sadened by this turn of events.

dstahl says Effort = reward <-- but clearly that is not the case. if i grind 20 hours i do not get a mk XII instead i need to wait 60 days and play 3 hours every day to get it

that is just horrible

the 8.000 limit on refinement hinders my gameplay aloot.

effort = reward is greatly wrong
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 247
I wonder how many "reputations" you are planning to add and how "often". Even when I digest the fact I'll have to grind through The Omega fleet rep and it shouldn't really put a strain on my ressources (but it will, since any amount of dil I have to pay diminishes the finite amount I can keep in a given time), there's still the Romulan reputation coming.

I assume it might take about the same amount of ressources and time to complete. That already means 6 1hr sessions per week on ONE Toon.

And that is of course not taking into account the Fleet system, with its new embassy.
Oh well, it piles up, no?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Starfleet Veteran
# 248
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Thats freeking hilarious, may have to post a link in my sig.
No... it's really not...

My Fan Fictions
Lt. Commander
# 249
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.

For Fleet Actions, in addition to the gear drops there is a chance to earn:
Gold: Purple + 2x Dilithium amount
Silver: Purple + 1x Dilithium amount
Bronze: Blue + 1x Dilithium amount
All others: Green + 1x Dilithium amount

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).
....This? wow... Ok. This resolves some of the grind issues...and a few others...I still am NOT a fan of not getting progress rewarded for things i've already done. I dont feel that's right at all. And i have to ask WHY is this being talked about NOW why wasnt it talked about sooner?

@pointedears

I believe this is a RESULT oriented system Based off the conditions of the event. A Gold level (perfect run) adds this much

A silver (solid run) adds that much

A bronze (A crap run) adds that much

Any others (Dramafest from hell but still sucessful) adds that much

Last edited by outlaw51825; 10-24-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Captain
# 250
10-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husnock1 View Post
And I was always hoping to save up to get one, so I'd like to know too.

P.S. No one has asked yet, to my knowledge, so I will: When can we expect a Test Weekend?
Seems there are only a few of us who are interested in the fate of the Borg Duty officers you can buy with Edc's - Mr Stahl has not made a comment.
Closed Thread