Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 31
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I've heard no mention of "Borg Neural Processors" before now. Are these a new name for Elite Omega Marks or are they something entirely seperate from that? If they are not a new name for the Elite Omega Marks then are they random drops?
Yes; they are the new name

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Remus
# 32
10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
"We know it is ?many months? because when we looked at the data, it showed that players were running Elite STFs hundreds of times and still not receiving the drops necessary for this gear. We didn?t really need to look up the data because a handful of players were telling us how frustrated they were that these drops were so rare."

"We realize that there will be a few people who may not like the change, but for the vast majority of players this should be a significant improvement."

Mr. Stahl,is this an attempt of trolling people posting on these forums?

And reading the blog,I get the idea that your mind is already made up and nothing,no matter how much people dislike parts of the 'Reputation system',nothing will change when we post our feedback.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Bottom line is STFs are boring, especially after grinding them out for a month, months, years, and now with downgrading/phasing out the gear we already have from the grinds you're now pretty much forcing us to continue/restart the same old boring grinds. When will the experience and wisedom come into consideration that says you need to balance real quality story content with grinds, not just push out more cookie cutter grinds? When will this become Star Trek again, to seek out new worlds and new civilizations, to bold go where no one has gone before?
With all the new systems requiring Dilithium (which was NEVER a currency minus traded on Voyager) there is a huge imbalance that is developing in the game. I can understand the desire to diminish some of the dilithium stockpiles people have built up over the lifetime of the game, but where is the consideration for the rest of us that have no such stockpiles?

Fleet System:

EC costs have skyrocketed without any real viable endgame means to gather it other than "Tour"

Dilithium costs for smaller fleets have become down right insane.

Embassy holding:

Seeing as this is part of the Fleet system I think it is safe to assume it will require higher and higher levels of dilithium and items purchased with EC.

Reputation System:

Requires Omega marks, Borg Processors, Dilithium, EC.

That's the three main parts of the new systems since season 6 AND the only content added other than more grinds that support these systems. Smaller fleets will fall further behind or grind to a halt with little concern that smaller fleets may be having difficulty recruiting because everyone wants to join the larger fleets or the smaller fleets are smaller because they are a more tight knit group of ALL ACTIVELY playing players and they don't see the purpose behind bloating their numbers of active players.

This new System has so many factors that will greatly affect the others in place that even the larger fleets will start to see the strain. Telling us not to worry about the costs of the reputation system to be honest isn't exactly comforting. No matter which way you try to spin in you're adding another Dilithium cost without adding any way to ease the pressure, by upping the dilithium refinement cap or increasing the amount of dilithium rewarded from other non-stf sources.

A huge part of Star Trek and something that is severely missing from STO is the diplomatic and exploration aspects. Star Trek's appeal is how dynamic it is. Why not take the time and effort to add new stories that don't just revolve around combat (which could tie into reputation system/fleet system) and completely reworking the exploration parts of the clusters/ect. An example of how to rework exploration would be add in a "fog of war" (as commonly called in other games) to the clusters/etc. and have it were you can discover new planets. Honestly the current system of going into a cluster and driving in circles to see if it's an anomaly or planet doesn't invoke any feeling of exploration, because we know exactly where they are.

All of this could all tie into the new reputation and/or fleet systems and in a more meaningful way than just another grind.
Career Officer
# 34
10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the post Dan. It answered my main concerns.

Much appreciated.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 35
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If there are any existing items that are changing, those changes will be available for testing on Tribble, but for the most part, existing gear you've obtained should remain as is. Check Tribble during the next few weeks to see changes for yourself.

- The goal of the conversion is to retain "purchasing power" as close to what it was previously. We looked at the amount of items needed to obtain gear sets and set out to ensure that if you had enough items to get a specific gear piece or gear set, the conversion would be do its best to retain that purchasing power in the new system. Keep in mind that the way you obtain MACO/HONOR/OMEGA sets is going to be different because it will no longer be in a store, and will instead be via projects. So just having a conversion rate would not necessarily help you decide whether to cash out yet or not. The way you obtain dilithium and gear is changing in this system and you'll be able to see most of those changes on Tribble.

- The conversion will be different from everyone which is why we aren't posting a chart. When you get your crate, it will tell your character specifically how much Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium your items were converted to. If you are worried that the exchange may not be to your liking, then you'll have to make the call whether to spend or not. For the most part we are posting this blog to give you enough time to make that call for yourself.
Will the conversion process be posted to Tribble before S7 launches? I've copied a character several times, and put different amounts of EDC/Salvage on each to figure out what the conversion rate would be for me; which would inform me of how exactly I wanted to convert items to dilithium before S7, if any at all.
Career Officer
# 36
10-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
- The conversion will be different from everyone which is why we aren't posting a chart. When you get your crate, it will tell your character specifically how much Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium your items were converted to. If you are worried that the exchange may not be to your liking, then you'll have to make the call whether to spend or not. For the most part we are posting this blog to give you enough time to make that call for yourself.
So, this tells me one of two things:
1: One person might get 10 Omega Marks per EDC, while someone else will only get 5, for a completely arbitrary reason.
2: You're not willing to give us the possible per-item numbers, just like the advent of the Di conversion that everyone hated.

Mr. Stahl, this is one of Cryptic's worst habits: You tell us what we like to hear, and do half of it. Then you do something awful that we hear almost nothing about until doomsday. Please, sir, all we really want is a list. Item x will be converted into y number of z. Or, at least give us a formula to calculate it ourselves. Don't do another Dilithium on us.
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
10-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I will admit, I am happy that the randomness is gone and hopefully never return.

But what I am NOT happy with, is that this blog states this is to help those who been working months to get these sets, and yet you're forcing them to push the reset button and having to wait months more, to unlock the same sets they been working months to get. That to me, makes like this "fix" is just as punishing for those who worked hard for months in hopes for a random drop.

So those who may have 1 or 2 tech pieces and still need that last one, have to grind STFs for a couple of more months, to unlock Tier 5, just to get access to these sets, and even charging them 36,000 Dilithium per set Piece. More or less this Omega Box.

No offense, but this solution is just as bad as the problem.

Quote:
Any existing Accolades, gear rewards and costume unlocks you have already earned by running STF content are yours to keep, even if you choose to not participate in the Reputation System.
Does this mean the STF accolades are being removed?

Quote:
Also, with the STF stores on DS9 going away, The MACO, Honor Guard, and Omega Sets will now be obtained directly through reputation projects which you select. This allows you to control which items you want next instead of waiting for a random drop and the stores can be accessed from anywhere.
Honestly, there should be a store. Because this gave a primary importance to DS9, just like how Omega Fleet becamse barren when it was moved to DS9. Hubs do need a reason to go there.

Also, I have to ask. If all STFs will be having the same reward, what's to keep people just from doing ISE or KAGE due to them being the easiest and fastest STFs? Accolades (if they are still around) and the cooldown?

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-24-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Commander
# 38
10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think we'll get the math ratio of old borg tech to new rewards. I have a feeling its a sliding scale like the Delithium conversion was. If you're one of those players with 100+ EDCs you might want to cash them in now. History has shown us folks with too much of the old stuff usually get the short end of the conversion stick.
Lieutenant
# 39
10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
- Due to the fact that some players have enough items being converted to max out the new system, we chose to withhold the conversion crate until the character hits tier 5 in Omega for a few reasons.

- The time involved to rank up the Omega Fleet Rep will require a few months of projects, but the resources required should be easily obtainable within limits of standard game play.

- Once again, we do not want some players "Skipping" the new Reputation system by getting a free pass because of the STF's they've run.
I don't understand. You don't want players skipping the reputation system, I understand that. But by your own admission, it will take months of time to rank up Omega Rep all the way. So why not give us the crate? It won't fast track us to T5, because we'll still be subject to long project completion times, but we won't have to repeat the TEDIOUS GRIND THAT WE ALREADY DID.

Seriously, it boils down to you wanting us to grind the same 3 STFs ad nauseum. I've done that, I did my time, why are you punishing me with it again?
Empire Veteran
# 40
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Anwers to some of the questions:

- All existing gear unlocks you've obtained will remain in tact on your character

- If there are any existing items that are changing, those changes will be available for testing on Tribble, but for the most part, existing gear you've obtained should remain as is. Check Tribble during the next few weeks to see changes for yourself.

- The goal of the conversion is to retain "purchasing power" as close to what it was previously. We looked at the amount of items needed to obtain gear sets and set out to ensure that if you had enough items to get a specific gear piece or gear set, the conversion would be do its best to retain that purchasing power in the new system. Keep in mind that the way you obtain MACO/HONOR/OMEGA sets is going to be different because it will no longer be in a store, and will instead be via projects. So just having a conversion rate would not necessarily help you decide whether to cash out yet or not. The way you obtain dilithium and gear is changing in this system and you'll be able to see most of those changes on Tribble.

- The conversion will be different for everyone which is why we aren't posting a chart. When you get your crate, it will tell your character specifically how much Omega Marks, Borg Neural Processors, and Dilithium your items were converted to. If you are worried that the exchange may not be to your liking, then you'll have to make the call whether to spend or not. For the most part we are posting this blog to give you enough time to make that call for yourself.

- Due to the fact that some players have enough items being converted to max out the new system, we chose to withhold the conversion crate until the character hits tier 5 in Omega for a few reasons. We wanted player to have the choice at each tier how to spend their resources. We wanted players to be able to make choices about which captain power they want at each tier. We wanted to retain player's purchasing power by holding back the converted items until they can be spent on the Gear Sets. This prevents players from spending the resources they'd saved up for Omega Gear Sets on something else without realizing it.

- The time involved to rank up the Omega Fleet Rep will require a few months of projects, but the resources required should be easily obtainable within limits of standard game play. It also allows us to introduce the Reputation system without an entire subset of the game population skipping it via auto-completion - which isn't fun or in the nature of the design. This is about rebooting how the STFs should have worked in the first place, while giving players the purchasing power to be in similar footing when they finish it.

- There is a subset of players who will have one or two pieces that now have two choices. A) they have until early November to try to get the remaining pieces. B) wait until after Season 7 releases, and then level up the Omega Fleet and have a much clearer and easier path to getting the gear they are missing. Once again, we do not want some players "Skipping" the new Reputation system by getting a free pass because of the STF's they've run. Players will get a conversion crate, but we want all players to make choices at each tier about which powers they select.

- yes you will be able to earn Omega marks from other non-stf Borg missions such as the ones on Defera, Red Alerts, and perhaps even some of the Borg episodes and DOFF missions, so STFs will not be the only way to increase Omega rep.
None of this answers those of us who have 1000's of stfs worth of time put into it in this new system are starting out the same as everyone else who did not put much of any time than the rest of us. Also forcing us to be put on the same level as those said players.

its sort of insulting my intelligence to think I would choose something I wouldn't want. Even furthermore when it was something that was broken on your end your GM's were unwilling to rectify it.
Closed Thread