Empire Veteran
# 391
10-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i like the changes apart the fact that u have to do it all over again and again there should be some kind of token to reduce the amount it takes for those of us that like to play on mulitable toons
you will see that trust me its called "NEW item in the Zen store Purchase Tier 5 omega reputaion kit only 5000 zen!"

im betting my 10 cents on it right now
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Ensign
# 392 Lol
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM
So if it turns out that the new Season is a lemon will you all uninstall this game? or will you all play on knowing its ripping your time? make it more fun. If there is no more decent space missions i am doing just that. Sad i know but what can you do i am not wasting even more time for little reward your on notice CRYPTIC maybe someone needs to start a face book account and stage a friggen strike to get more content lol but we will see maybe i will be surprised hehe. I hope i am plz plz plz Mybe bf3 looks after their real vets not the pay to be vet a very sore point with myself and others very sore indeed.
Survivor of Romulus
# 393
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
you will see that trust me its called "NEW item in the Zen store Purchase Tier 5 omega reputaion kit only 5000 zen!"

im betting my 10 cents on it right now
i was thinking 2500cpoints
Lt. Commander
# 394
10-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
When we calculated the Reputation system, we very clearly limited the total amount of Dilithium needed to level the system to be equal to the amount of Dilithium a player could earn if they played 1hr, 3x a week. The total amount of Dilithium needed to reach tier 5 in Omega or Romulan reputation is 82k total. When spread out over 60-90 days, this is what gives us the 1 hr, 3xs a week because we know exactly how much the average level 50 player earns in Dilithium per session and this amount is easily obtainable.
This makes me very happy; because that in turn only comes out to be an average of 1139 you have to earn a every 2 days (it is 2 days because projects last for 40hrs) which means you really only need to earn 570 dilithium a day. The reputation system is really great for casual players. Also remember each STF give 480 dilithium.

*My math is for just one reputation system (double it for the cost of doing Omega and Romulan projects everyday).

Last edited by ltsmith; 10-24-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Rihannsu
# 395
10-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, thanks for more or less answering the questions I had. I feel that between the blog and this thread I have a bit of a better idea of what I'm getting into with season 7. I'm not that happy with what I know is coming, but there is some good with the bad. So thanks dastahl.
Career Officer
# 396
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Look guys the re-configuration of old content and the introduction of of the Romulan embassy are just a veneer, underneath lies the real intent, the introduction of Dilithium sinks into every facet of the game, that is the real legacy of Season 7.
Survivor of Romulus
# 397
10-24-2012, 05:33 PM
This buggy game is getting real expensive to play, especially to have fun in.
Captain
# 398
10-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
Also remember each STF give 480 dilithium.

*My math is for just one reputation system (double it for the cost of doing Omega and Romulan projects everyday).
Which new STF gives 480 dilth? I am still waiting to hear what they will pay.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
I'm sure players will still play each individual STF mission for the accolades, but other than that once this Season 7 change occurs, there will be little incentive to play certain STF missions, as zerobang has already mentioned.

In my opinion the most difficult STFs are my favourites, I prefer a good challenge and mission that requires good team work as well as tactical thinking.

But if you're still around Stahl, does this not concern Cryptic at all? I can only imagine that the queues for the easiest STF missions will be constantly filled post Season 7 while the queues for the more difficult STF missions will pop infrequently due to the lack of players who're interested in them.
Now that all the STFs will reward Omega Marks, we are concerned that players will gravitate towards specific STFs, but we no longer want to require players to play specific STFs over and over just to get a specific reward. The hope is that by making them all equal, players will play them not because they have to, but because they want to. If some of the STFs dry up, then those STFs probably need love to make them more appealing. At least now we'll have an accurate view of which STFs players like most.

We are also making it so that Elite STFs reward more Omega Marks as well as making them the only source of the commodity needed for the Elite Mk XII gear sets - so this way, players must still play Elite STFs in order to get the best gear.
Captain
# 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
We have the winter event coming up, the 3 year anniversary event in February as well as all the awesomeness that is going to be Season 8 (which will be our biggest update thus far) in the first half of 2013.

So Season 7 is more than just a systems update. It is a good addition to end game and a stage setter for the upcoming events and missions that will take us up to Season 8.
Season 8, was previously known as coming "Early 2013". Now it seems you changed it to "First half of 2013". Granted, the first half could still mean -early- 2013, but now you went from having it release in the first quarter (Jan-Mar), to being sometime in -either- the first or second quarter (Jan-Jun).

Seems to me, that you guys are a bit "pessimistic" on your own, in estimating a launch window 3 months longer than previously stated.

To ask a direct question: Will Season 8 be launched before or after "Year 3" ?
Closed Thread