Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,679
# 461
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Glad fleet actions are getting something. Maybe once again people will start doing fleet actions at end game again.

I've missed the competive aspect of fleet actions. It will be great to see my name in gold and have everyone in awe of my awesomeness as I'll be number one all the time


Accepting challenges for season 7
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 462
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
No one is bashing the developers,

Being critical is not an act of assault.

To be honest I highly doubt introducing all these Dilithium sinks into the game to effect the Dilithium economy was their idea.

But really thats what Season 7 is defined as to me at the moment, sure I love the non-randomness of the new STF progression... but I can see the elephant in the room here it's purple and made of crystals :p
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,089
# 463
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
dan, you CANT

CANT

CANT

more then cut in half the dilithium reward for stfs wile you introduce ABSURD dilithium cost to acquiring and swamping doffs, and everything else in season 7.

your adding a HUGE dilithium cost to each and every new and old item, along with a new mark cost. and adding in omega, romulan, and embassy projects that will require a HUGE dilithium and EC investment on top of the current HUGE dilithium and EC investment needed for fleet advancement. you should be rasing the reward across the board! giving 500, 1000, and 1500 dil for the various places it can be earned, and giving us a 10k conversion a day.

we would have to spend $100 a month on converted zen just to break even with what we earn now, and all the HUGE new sinks for it. wile im sure you would love that, from a business standpoint, it makes us VERYVERYVERY upset with you.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,636
# 464
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
IMO...

The new Fleet Embassy System, should take massive amounts of XP's and minimum amount's of Dilithium, to increase it's Tiers.

And the dilithium should only be required as the cost of physical upgrades, not for a players tier standings.

Addendum:

In the Real World, an Embassy doesn't go around handing out Money to increase it's Reputation/Standing's with the Local Indigenous Population...

Granted there may be some back-room dealings, to help keep the Embassy Safe during Riots or Hard Times...,

But it's not generally a Paid Service that generates good feelings among the locals toward an Embassy..

It's how the Embassy Staff and the Ambassador acts in public that creates it's standing.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...

Last edited by daveyny; 10-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 465
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Here are some solo missions that reward 480:
  • Rescue Deferi Captives (this mission takes under 3 minutes)
  • History 102: Alpha Quadrant Midterm (takes about 30s)
  • Explore Strange New Worlds 1440 (takes about 15 minutes)
  • The above can be combined with Chart the B'tran cluster for a total of 2880 dilithium
  • Traelus System Repair 480 (takes under 5 minutes)
There are at least another 3-4 missions like this.

There is no reason that an Elite STF that requires 5 players to first get together and complete should reward the same or less missions than what's listed above

In fact you can earn 500 dilithium not even being at your PC through the DOFF system or 2K dilithium through the contraband turn in!!
Have to agree here. Solo content should always reward less than Group content. But you are now making changes to the STFs, which make them reward LESS than Solo content (Normal STFs, 240 Dil per run). At MINIMUM, the Normal STFs should remain at 480 Dil. The Elite STFs are being slashed by MORE THAN HALF. Half of 1440 is 720, you are decreasing it to 480 Dil.

Why should we run group content that takes 15-30 min to complete, when we can do solo content and get just as much (or more) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
IMO...

The new Fleet Embassy System, should take massive amounts of XP's and minimum amount's of Dilithium, to increase it's Tiers.

And the dilithium should only be required as the cost of physical upgrades, not for a players tier standings.
Agreed 100%. Why do you need to put a Dilithium cost on EVERYTHING? Not just in upgrading your Reputation standing, but also in the purchase of the Store gear that you must unlock WITH DILITHIUM.

Lastly, as stated, the Gold/Silver/Bronze system needs to either be removed from the older Fleet Actions, or re-built. Does not take into account player deaths, or amount healed. Only "who can deal the most damage".

Last edited by meurik; 10-24-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 466
10-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
dan, you CANT

CANT

CANT

more then cut in half the dilithium reward for stfs wile you introduce ABSURD dilithium cost to acquiring and swamping doffs, and everything else in season 7.

your adding a HUGE dilithium cost to each and every new and old item, along with a new mark cost. and adding in omega, romulan, and embassy projects that will require a HUGE dilithium and EC investment on top of the current HUGE dilithium and EC investment needed for fleet advancement. you should be rasing the reward across the board! giving 500, 1000, and 1500 dil for the various places it can be earned, and giving us a 10k conversion a day.

we would have to spend $100 a month on converted zen just to break even with what we earn now, and all the HUGE new sinks for it. wile im sure you would love that, from a business standpoint, it makes us VERYVERYVERY upset with you.
They clearly require more profit, and the current Lockbox is not that popular, I think we are seeing lockbox fatigue, so new areas of exploit must be opened up.

It's a risky strategy, and judging by the responses on this forum no one likes it, but either we live with it or quit the game. Lets face it if this game didn't have the Star Trek IP a lot of us would never have been here in the first place and that is the one overriding variable that keep us coming back.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-24-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
# 467
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am not being apologetic but Mr Stahl is listening and responding. It's now 6:20pm on the West coast and as far as I know he is still on this thread. He could have walked out by now.

Anyways - I do agree that this 1st 2nd, 3rd place thing is going to be a disaster in anything team and could lead to failure and break-down of the missions/fleet actions as everyone trys to win. It's going to get ugly in the missions - I can't even imagine the annomosity that players will harbour towards other players.
That is a valid point and one that I've already talked to the designers about. We may remove the 2x Dilithium for Gold and just give everyone 960 Dilithium.

It is also worth mentioning, the reason why I'm still on this thread is because all of the feedback in this thread is being shared with the designers and the team. When good points and valid concerns are brought up, I'm taking those concerns to the designers and we're discussing it.

That is one of the purposes of this thread - to get immediate feedback as we are implementing the system. Nothing is set in stone in an MMO an we can always adjust. None of this is even live yet, but we do ask that you give it a fair shake once ALL of Season 7 is up on Tribble and we have the Test Weekend. Then you can see how all the economies are updated and make a more valid assessment.

We will then adjust more from there.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 468
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
STFs will still reward Dilithium and there will be an Omega Rep project that converts marks into Dilithium, so we're replacing it, not taking it away.

In addition, we're adding Dilithium drops to all Fleet Actions as well as some other new Events.

All of this in Season 7
And that is still only in specific, gated content.

If dilithium is supposed to be a time based currency it needs to actually represent time played in the game in general, not time spent in a relative handful of grinds.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 469
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
It is also worth mentioning, the reason why I'm still on this thread is because all of the feedback in this thread is being shared with the designers and the team. When good points and valid concerns are brought up, I'm taking those concerns to the designers and we're discussing it.

That is one of the purposes of this thread - to get immediate feedback as we are implementing the system. Nothing is set in stone in an MMO an we can always adjust. None of this is even live yet, but we do ask that you give it a fair shake once ALL of Season 7 is up on Tribble and we have the Test Weekend. Then you can see how all the economies are updated and make a more valid assessment.

We will then adjust more from there.
My final post on the topic for now (03:30 in Sweden, so I should probably go to bed)...

Will you make ANY changes to the DOff conversion requiring MASSIVE amounts of Dilithium compared to Season 6? (5 white -> 1 random green etc)
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 470 hmmm
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
So you guys have adjusted the star base dilith requirement but i must say i have not seen the requirement reduce only noticed it increase. Does feel like a money squeeze to me and others as mentioned. But your correct we don't see what really goes on behind the scenes. So good job on the things that make this game work and thank you for your efforts guys. Oh and can you guys refund me on my purchase for my now useles dreddy? may as well fly a phaser platform if it can actually do real damage Capt picard would not even captain it lolz. Still good work for the most part devs make us proud hehehehe.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.