Cryptic Studios Team
# 531
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
If this is what you understand the Dilithium Economy to be, why are you halving the dilithium rewards in STF's and introducing these new Dilithium sinks?, some of which will cost 100,000's of Dilithium. Surely they will only curtail a free players ability to use Dilithium for the purpose you have designed it for... to allow F2P players a chance to buy from the C-Store!?

It seems contradictory.
The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.
Lt. Commander
# 532
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.
Maybe if you keep the normal dilithium requirements until you hit T5 then you get that new limit of the rewards being halved would be a good way to balance it out? This is just a guess with my example here it would intise people to use the new Rep system then move on and actually join a fleet to do the fleet action as you said yourself right now the current fleets are about 25 maybe most people like to play with a small amount of friends which makes STFs more fun because they only require 4 people as actions require 20.

Last edited by ltsmith; 10-24-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 533
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Next you're going to say the same for Romulan marks but that can't be.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 534
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
how is it working as intended I dont believe its intended for you to get pulled out of cloak cause one of your bridge officers has something to say.... thats just tripe
I can't remember the exact quote..., but as I said, there is a post out there somewhere from Dstahl that explains Their reasoning.

Perhaps there is somebody out there who can recall where it was...
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Captain
# 535
10-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmahone70 View Post
If the dil prices were not cut and if the fleet actions gave everyone the same amount and not tiered (DPS always wins) then things would go over a little smoother. Lobi crystals and dil should be account wide and not toon wide also because it would make the grind a little easier. The realistic fact is more sinks have been added to the game and the amount we make has been reduced so we have the grind effect.
Mr Stahl already responded to me on 1 of these issues: He agrees that the 1st/2nd/3rd place reward system would probably not be a good team building idea and that a flat 960 dilth would be awarded to everyone.

As I said this is the most sensible thing to do - this whole MMO - the whole idea of STO - the whole idea of group missions is to support each other to get things done. Many many mission would collapse in failure if everyone was just out to be the winner. The amount of hate and annomosity that would start to be generated towards other players could cripple STO permantly. Franckly it would be a disaster, and I don't want to see the game I love crumble over players fighting for 1st place in everything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 536
10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
( Notice: I don't know how I posted the same thread twice at different times, but I don't know )

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Jeez... they can't just drop everything and fix a few non-priority things like those, especially since there's little-to-no return value on the work needed to do so.

And on a more serious note, it's exactly people like you he was talking about, what with attacks and such. He's here in this thread for all this time, and you still say that? It says a lot more about you than him...
Call it what you will, "insulting," "offensive," or whatever, an emotional response is not required. Do you deny my speculation, or facts presented have been faulty in anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
So given everything you lay out here, what is the rationale behind halving dilithium rewards for STFs yet adding a dilithium cost to the sets where one didn't exist before? Why is there a dilithium cost being tacked onto the the DOFF exchange? We're also getting another dilithium sink in the embassy system. All of these new ways to spend dilithium, but still only 8k a day assuming you hit the cap all the time.

From the outside looking in, I see less dilithium on hand (requiring more time invested) and more sinks. It looks and sounds like currency manipulation.
Because it is manipulation, and he is lying to us. There is no other rational explanation for these dilithium changes.

Quote:
This is so far from the truth that it actually made me laugh. While any business could always use more profit, it has little to nothing to do with Season 7 STF changes.

The Dilithium exchange counts for such a small part of our business that adding more to this does not have any significant change on our bottom line when compared to other promotions such as the Lifetime sale or 15% Zen Sales.
Good, then you can change what you changed, back, or give more dilithium, since it doesn't hurt the company that much.

But logic dictates, that your statement is a lie, you will not make any real effort to correct this dilithium sinkhole, or price fixing, and this lie will be clearly displayed upon release.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Republic Veteran
# 537
10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Love the idea of the STO gateway works great from my IPad , which is ironic cause it's hard to use the pad on the fourms at this moment.

So the beta is out, what are the plans after beta, what's next. I'm asking cause I love the idea of it and the possibilities and hope it won't end up being something working on and somehow get's lost on the piority list.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 538
10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
I can understand the rewards parts but if you wanted to use dilithium to help F2P players why does increasing Dilithium rewards in Fleet actions require a reduction in STF's?

Also why have the dilithium sinks at all in STF's? Why would you want to divert dilithium away from it's original intent to help players buy C-Store items. There is already a lot of dilithium diversion as it is.

Indeed if Dilithium was intended to simply help F2P players access the C-Store why has it been diverted to other functions at all?

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-24-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Captain
# 539
10-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Let me be a bit more specific in my critique of the new system. The system structure seems fine. The costs in terms of time and time/money seem excessive. The problem for me is the conversion of the old system to new system. You give player absolutely no crediting for the number of times that have have already run the STFs. I'm not talking about accolates, drops, etc. Player who have investe large amounts of time already need to be credited in the Omega Reputation System. Player who have put in enough runs should immediately be rewarded with Tier 5 of the Omega System. And player putting in lesser number fo runs being rewarded Repuations in proportion. I have no objection to players being so rewarded so.

This solution rewards player who have spent a year trying to earn that third set piece immediately. And yet will not rewards the player who get's lucky in receiving their first few STF runs. This system i supposed to a Omega Fleet Reputation system. Well for player whom have already done Omega Fleet activity, reward them!!
Career Officer
# 540
10-24-2012, 08:21 PM
As another in this thread pointed out, even among disagreements in how we view the changes vs. what Dan and the others see, I would like to thank Dan for his time to stick with this thread, gather all the feedback, talk about the changes, and explain his/Cryptic's reasoning. It's a tremendous help to helping us figure out what our best courses of action are concerning redemption of our Techs, Salvage, and EDCs and our possible courses of action in Season 7.
Closed Thread