Starfleet Veteran
# 561
10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
No, he mentioned a mission where you'd defend the refinery, then you'd get to use it after the mission. Also, 1,000 Di isn't that great, especially since I can't find the guy worth ****.
Homie is standing to the right of the door to the main academy building at SFA (your right as you enter the building). Takes forever for him to convert that extra 1k dilithium thou.
Career Officer
# 562
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Homie is standing to the right of the door to the main academy building at SFA (your right as you enter the building). Takes forever for him to convert that extra 1k dilithium thou.
I'm never AT SFA, though. I do STFs almost constantly, there's next to no reason for me to leave DS9 most days. Especially if it's ONLY 1,000 Di. What's that going to net me? Yea, maybe a few ZEN. But the trip from DS9 to SFA and back isn't worth it. I might hole up next to him after S7, though, since there really won't be a reason to do everything at DS9.

Speaking of DS9, I wonder how much the "Join Omega Force" mission will change, since it gives a Mk X Requisition.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lt. Commander
# 563
10-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Well it might be true that the increase in dil expenses is mainly an attempt to slow people's progression.

It would certainly explain why doff's have to go up in price and also why there have to be a timer on the reputation system in addition to not allowing people to bring their previous rewards over...

D-stalling or maybe d'stalin

I am actually more optimistic about season 7 after all the bad news for some reason go figure albeit right now I am thinking a ship filled with purple dil miners and 500 doff packs in the cargo bay see you in season 8

The grind I could probably live with if the rewards weren't gear I already had. Romulan reputation system with new armor great let's see what it is like

But having to regrind on stf for all the stuff I already have I just don't see that happening I don't know if I have it in me
The timer was created to balance with the requirements as stated by Inferno in another thread; the timer is actually a nice way to balance the rep system aslso I did some math ealier in this thread and pointed out you only need to grind an average of 970 dilithium a day to do progress steadily throughout the reputation system.

Captain
# 564
10-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I hope for Mr Stahl's sanity sake he has taken a dinner break!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 565
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Speaking of DS9, I wonder how much the "Join Omega Force" mission will change, since it gives a Mk X Requisition.
Probably just give you an omega mark and roxy will be changed to explain the rep system instead of the store explanation.
Career Officer
# 566
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Well I do actually need some sleep.

But the long and tall of it for me and it seem many others as well is this;

Yes we are happy with the new content and reputation systems in theory.

Most of us however are unhappy with the implementations, namely the severe reduction in Dilithium rewards for STFs and the creation of huge dilithium sinks across the game.

Thus far we have not received a satisfactory answer, the argument was made that dilithium is not an important part of the business and that it's main purpose was to allow F2P players a chance to grab C-Store items. That being it's intent I am at a loss to explain why more dilithium sinks have been created to divert the currency from it's intended use.

Those are mine and many others main concerns in a nutshell. I think I also say for nearly all of us that have an interested in the Doff system that the grinders are fine as they are thanks. Indeed many of us are perplexed as to why this area was target for such a drastic change in dilithium costs at all as it is once again just diverts dilithium from it's intended use.
Survivor of Romulus
# 567
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Hint, one mission per year does not actually count as anything remotely meaningful.

You did setup a very very nice mission chain in the past for the KDF, then suddenly abandoned it altogether. Which is a shame since those are the best missions in the game.
This is the kind of stuff we would love to see for the KDF PvE mission wise. Not Fed missions where we are addressed differently. Actual KDF specific missions. Continue the Feh'kiri story line. Its already epic, make it the epicness.

Oh and we really would love to get some new things to dress our self in.
There are so many good looking KDF costumes we could have and buy... <hint hint>
A little here and there would go a long way.
Throw us a bone, like one new thing for the KDF per month. costume piece, mission, ship. New stuff. To show that you folks are actually mean it.
Heck, i have a lot of ideas for new Orion outfits that would go well with the theme you have established. that we green girls need a smith instead of a tailor lol.
i agree man the story line rocks and should be added on also a perfect oportuinity to add a refit of karfi.
Republic Veteran
# 568
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
I'm never AT SFA, though. I do STFs almost constantly, there's next to no reason for me to leave DS9 most days. Especially if it's ONLY 1,000 Di. What's that going to net me? Yea, maybe a few ZEN. But the trip from DS9 to SFA and back isn't worth it. I might hole up next to him after S7, though, since there really won't be a reason to do everything at DS9.

Not like you have to be at DS9 to do STF's and not like you really need to stand in front of the store after each STF to turn stuff in at that moment.

And with Season 7 you never have to go to DS9 ever again. Unless for Gorn talk.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Starfleet Veteran
# 569
10-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
you never have to go to DS9 ever again. Unless for Gorn talk.
And for Morn talk, too, if you want the accolade.
Career Officer
# 570
10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.
True but you'll also be making it so that in the 2-3 months it takes to get to max level we will be making less, in the long run this will end up being less Dilithium overall than we'd have normally. Especially since I imagine these Mark to Dilithium projects will be time gated and take a day or more to complete and most likely will reward ore not refined dilithium which is also gated to a set amount of refinement per day.

Will such a perk also exist within the Romulan Reputation tree?
Closed Thread