Career Officer
# 621
10-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That's EXACTLY what I meant right there...

I respect your 'straight to the point' aspect, but saying it with wording that could be taken as implied threats (such as 'Cryptic doesn't belong in the business') doesn't help your case with Cryptic.

It can even make them ignore you completely, if you have little-to-no feedback (and by that, I mean feedback as they define it).
Cryptic provides a service.. a customer pays for that service. if the customer is angry.. the customer has every right to gripe in a manner that is not abusive and cryptic should listen as everything is considered feedback at that point. This isn't a one way street

Cryptic needs to understand that each of their long term players has put in hundreds of hours on each of their toons and we get mad when they rip the carpet out from under us, so to speak.

We also get mad when their creativity is limited to offering the same content, same items, same grinding all with "a new twist" over and over and over to us again.

I mean.. lets take the fleet defiant. Did everyone who has the fleet defiant have to already pay for the ship twice over for a boost to shields, an extra tac slot and extra hull that is marginal at best? one good DHC strike and it is done for...

Yet, we paid for it so that we could remain competitive. All cryptic had to do was change a few numbers in a config file somewhere, make some UI changes to account for the extra console slot and...

***POOF***

..."a brand new variation of the defiant"???? that will cost you x2 to get the same ship Seriously people?? You paid the equivalent of $20 whether by purchasing modules from the exchange or c-store plus fleet credits, for a ship that literally took a few minutes of changes to make.

Into the Hive.. we've all played it (except the new players), but there is going to be a "twist" to it, yet all of the coding for it is already there..

Maco/KHG adaptive gear? Again, all the coding is there. It is a copy/paste operation to make new items with new names, yet we are going to be grinding for what... 2 months.. just so that we can have the other factions' gear? Next thing you know, the federation will get a B'rel.. then you'll see even fewer KDF because that will be the last straw for some.

This is what cryptic is doing... and they wonder why we are getting more angry. The question is.. why do people find it acceptable to allow them to do this?
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Ensign
# 622
10-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
They could always sell project time accelerators on the C-Store. That has the effect needed. You could convert dil to ZEN for it or spend ZEN directly.

Having a fleet version would also help small fleets.
Oh yeah that's a great idea. Let's add yet another thing that costs dil.

It also doesn't address that fact that those who've already done the grind will have to do the grind again. they shouldn't have to.
Career Officer
# 623
10-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
Oh yeah that's a great idea. Let's add yet another thing that costs dil.

It also doesn't address that fact that those who've already done the grind will have to do the grind again. they shouldn't have to.
So people who spend more time should get more rewards without spending more?
Lieutenant
# 624
10-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I would hope that PWE is going to listen to our feedback and change certain things but unfortunately they dont have a history of listening to customer feedback. What they have history of doing is what they want to do and not what the customer would like to see... Most Dev's that want to see there game survive try to keep a customer happy but sadly it is apparent that PWE does not want STO to survive.
Ensign
# 625
10-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So people who spend more time should get more rewards without spending more?
Time is money.

And again there is 8k dil refinement cap yet they are adding more things that need refined dil without adding more ways to get refined dil. Ore is great but isn't worth a damn thing until it's refined.

Also my main gripe is the fact that many of us have already done the grind to get access to stf gear and forcing us to do yet another grind, both time and resources, to regain our access to this gear is utter bs.
Career Officer
# 626
10-25-2012, 12:08 AM
All we wanted was a better way to get the Mk XII stuff, and then they have to go and change everything. It?s the Dilithium fiasco all over again. What happen to someone?s promise that they would not make the same mistakes again? Unbelievable.
Empire Veteran
# 627
10-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
-snip-

This is what cryptic is doing... and they wonder why we are getting more angry. The question is.. why do people find it acceptable to allow them to do this?
Because some of us literally don't see it as an issue?

No seriously, I do not. My one purchase was a LTS, which was worth it long before Season 7 came on Tribble. I have not payed for anything in the C-Store, and anything I wanted from there, I have worked (or are working) through the Dilithilum Exchange to get it.

I have little-to-nothing to see as an issue, because my payment has been payed many times over by now. I enjoyed the game at launch, I'm enjoying it more now, and I'm thinking I'll enjoy it in the future

Though I see grind as merely 'meh', the rest of the game is just too much fun No amount of it can dull that part for me
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 628
10-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.
I can understand the desire to increase the need to do Fleet Actions, but reducing the Dilithium is a slap to the faces of people who need to do the STFs.

You are FORCING players now to grind STFs with reduced income, with greater costs........man you are just antagonizing the playerbase to the point people are already quitting.

And given the majority of players on the forum, and in the game are greatly bothered by Season 7, I suggest you guys start rethinking things, else this game will be over.
Career Officer
# 629
10-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Because some of us literally don't see it as an issue?

No seriously, I do not. My one purchase was a LTS, which was worth it long before Season 7 came on Tribble. I have not payed for anything in the C-Store, and anything I wanted from there, I have worked (or are working) through the Dilithilum Exchange to get it.

I have little-to-nothing to see as an issue, because my payment has been payed many times over by now. I enjoyed the game at launch, I'm enjoying it more now, and I'm thinking I'll enjoy it in the future

Though I see grind as merely 'meh', the rest of the game is just too much fun No amount of it can dull that part for me
OK well that is great for you, and perhaps all you do is PvE content, so I'm sure that it is fine for you.

For me in PvP, I can't hope to keep up with all the P2W consoles, jem'hadar bugs etc.. without investing more money within a short amount of time to bring myself up to par with those items and Cryptic knows this. Otherwise, I get my *** handed to me.

What is frustrating is that they make me stay away from what I like to do (PvP) with doing 2 months worth of PvE content doing the same things I have done thousands of times over to get where I am today. Then it is rinse and repeat. I don't like it.

When 4028 came out, I could care less about the content. "Run to the furthest point of the map and do this, then run to the next furthest point of the map and talk to this person, then run to the next furthest point on the map and scan this" that's alright for some, but not me. The only reason I did those storylines is to get the gear. I couldn't even tell you what the storyline of this game actually is, but I certainly don't want to go through the same crap again and again.
Career Officer
# 630
10-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Since when is grinding fun, people? If you want to grind, then please take a roll of sandpaper and an iron anvil and sand yourself an iron skillet that you can use to cook in for years to come. That is your reward, but it is going to take you a long time to do it. Then, when you are done, get another anvil and sand yourself a plate to eat the food that you prepared in your iron skillet. Hopefully, you won't starve before you get to that point. This is what Cryptic is doing.
Closed Thread