Career Officer
# 711
10-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
o.O

Does the blog not state that all your current gear (weapons, armors, shields, etc.) won't go away?
You are correct. Some of it might change in stats though, such as the Borg set which has been discussed a bit.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lieutenant
# 712 Chimera class heavy destroyer
10-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Can Cryptic put this ship on the Ship and shuttle requisations person for a new ship promotion???

Why the hell does it have to be just for 1000 day vetrans!!! What about us Cryptic!!

Commander James Highland
WASIC
1st Fighter Command
Career Officer
# 713
10-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
OHHHH .... You just hit on a MAJOR problem.

KDF has always had faction specific queue problems with us having to wait and wait and wait and wait.

It's while cross faction queues were so helpful in the KDF.

This would be a definite problem.
Just curious, I honestly do not know, can you cross faction a private Fleet Action match? Was going to go test this... but currently we are still down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Lieutenant
# 714
10-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I have through math and what I do in stfs confirmed that the new system will be better than the old. I usually play about 20 of each of the stfs at a time on a toon. That is to say i play 20 times a single stf (cure space normal 20 times, cure space elite 20 times, etc.). What follows is assuming that there will be a Into the Hive elite, normal and a space version elite, normal. And following my system of 20 playthroughs for each stf.

With the old system (3 normal ground, 3 normal space, 3 elite ground, 3 elite space) I would play 120 normal stfs and 120 elite stfs. The normal stfs award usually 480 dil and the elite 1100. Thererfore I would get 57600 dil for normal gameplay and 132000 dil for elite gameplay; a total of 189600 dil.

With the new system according to the devs if each normal playthrough gives 240 dil and 20 marks and elite playthrough gives 480 dil and 60 marks and if you need 50 marks for 500dil. Since there are now 8 stfs then I would do 160 normal and 160 elite. Therefore normal gives 38400 dil and 3200 omega marks and elite gives 76800 dil and 9600 omega marks. Now if 50 marks equal 500 dil then i can convert the marks 256 times equaling 128000 dil. The grand total is 243200. The total with the new system gives 53600 more dil then the previous and that is not including the dil from the fleet events.

By numbers alone the new reputation system is far superior to the old.
Lieutenant
# 715
10-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Your right destroyer it will yield more unrefined dilithium but at the current rate of refining at 8k a day it wont matter you will still be stuck at 60-90 days because of the refining cap..So grinding more unrefined dilithium is pointless if you cant refine more.
Lt. Commander
# 716
10-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer918 View Post
Can Cryptic put this ship on the Ship and shuttle requisations person for a new ship promotion???

Why the hell does it have to be just for 1000 day vetrans!!! What about us Cryptic!!

Commander James Highland
WASIC
1st Fighter Command
Not that it's related to season 7 "extremely exciting" reputation system in any way but:

1) The ship IS on the Ship and Shuttle requisition list.

2) You can add a a layer of abstraction and consider that the price tag for the ship is 200$ (since it's the price to pay for the subscription that gets you the ship right now).
Career Officer
# 717
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Ok, at the moment we've got a lot of discussion about "WiP"-things. There are many people who want to continue to farm Elite-STFs for large amounts of Dilithium, we don't know what to do with all those Elite-Omega-Marks (or whatever they are called now)... So I just see a simple solution: Give us on Tier 1 of the Omega-Reputation-System the ability to trade those Elite-Omega-Marks for something about 1000 Dilithium each (not in a long assignment or project, use the store to give us the ability to trade it directly in for Dilithium Ore).
This way we get a little higher reward for Elite-STFs (480 Dilithium + 1000 Dilithium for those "not needed Omega-Elite-Marks") and all those who are unable to do "hard missions for high rewards as a team" can compete with each other doing those old-school Fleet-Actions.

The only thing the Elite-STF-farmers would need to do is save up enough Dilithium-Ore to get to Tier 1 in the Reputation-System (2x 2x 40 hours =80 hours = 3 days and 8 hours - meaning: Save up 24 k Dilithium-Ore to refine during these 3 Days).

Now to these "we have decided to protect you from yourself"-lockboxes (the storage-devices)... You should have still the ability to turn every item stored in it into Dilithium to the old conditions. This way players who haven't transfered a character to the Tribble-Server can't complain that you hijacked their Dilithium-reserve. Even better: If a player took a break for a month and comes back after the launch of Season 7, he is still able to decide if he wants to save-up those items for the pay-day (the day he reaches Tier 5 in Omega-Reputation) or to pay out all those Dilithium.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Lieutenant
# 718
10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Relax. It's just the tokens and STF currencies being converted to Omega Marks, etc. Your gear, equipment, and visuals will be there but with some changes.

From the Season 7 Dev Blog #8:
i have full maco set mk12 and all mk12 borg weapons so i assume the only change will be to my borg weapons? i realise i'll keep the sets but what EXACTLY is happening to my weapons, a change to the borg proc perhaps, any ideas anyone?
Lieutenant
# 719
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Mr. Stahl keeps saying that the reductions on dilithium coming from STFs are because you will get "tokens" (whichever their name is) that we will be able to turn into dilithium (I'm assuming that will be Dil ore and not refined Dil), but it's been said that the mission to convert those tokens into Dilithium it's going to be unlocked only when maxing out the reputation system and that this is prepared to only happen after at least 60 days, 90 days or even 2 months.

So... here's my question:
How are we not going to be severely disatvantaged with that reduction if we are only able to get the "extra" dilithium those STFs give after 2 months or month and a half have already passed?

Edit: OK, yeah, maybe "severely" is a bit harsh
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008

Last edited by burchenall; 10-25-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Lieutenant
# 720
10-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477 View Post
Your right destroyer it will yield more unrefined dilithium but at the current rate of refining at 8k a day it wont matter you will still be stuck at 60-90 days because of the refining cap..So grinding more unrefined dilithium is pointless if you cant refine more.
I have to say though that they might one day update the refine a day so why can't we be patient and wait. Look at how far the game has come from beta from alpha. You can't tell me it won't improve.
Closed Thread