Lieutenant
# 71
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey Dan,

with all due respect, since you are around answering questions, why don't you take a look at this thread?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=418461

People who enjoy DOFF system are a bit... distressed...
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Will that also include pre season 7 sets ?
most likely yes
but i bet you have to go to cosmetic guy and alter the toon.

but at what price comes this new functions yeah more dilithium needed and aloot of it
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 73
I am afraid that once this hits holodeck, STFs will slowly die. Every player I know in game is grinding like mad to get their sets before this hit because of the major resource drain this represents. 750 Omega Marks (13 elite runs), 60,000 Dilithium, 30,000 Expertise, 180 Industrial Energy Cells, and 1 day 16 hours per piece just to get a retro borg set. Compare that to 3 hours to do 8 Elite STFs for 15 EDCs for the same gear.

The dilithium costs on gear need to go. Obtaining gear should not be time gated or dilithium gated, it will ruin the STF experience. Requiring a huge number of marks for gear is already a big enough grind. Cryptic, please listen to the concerns that have been voiced by the player base here on the forums and by the sharp increase of STFs running over on holodeck. It's not the cost of advancing the reputation system that's causing people to grind like mad, it is the insane double cost that is going to be forced upon the player base. The STF store won't be the STF store anymore, it will become a dilithium store that requires double grinding.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 10-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 74
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
The information on this was already posted in another thread, each mk xii part will cost ~36k dilithium and 5 elite marks and the grind to tier 5 will be ~80k dilithium and over 1500 marks.

Where did you get your numbers from?

Added via Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
A full set of Mk XII Gear costs 3000 Marks, 15 Elite Marks, and ~100,000 Dilithium.

Attaining Tier 5 in Omega Rep costs 1,686 Marks, 0 Elite Marks, and ~80,000 Dilithium.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.

Last edited by defalus; 10-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
this system is based on the time that people play, what will happen then to the star-base sysytem they say it will take all our time for this system ??
Grind, grind, grind and grind we will have 4 grind systems.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 76
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
While I endorse the fact that people who have a hard time with STFs will now have an option to actually earn them from the store, even if it takes months to do so, I would bet that you'll see a fair bit of STFs become orphaned by the community since they are no long required to run a longer or harder mission to get a specific piece of tech.
Rihannsu
# 77
10-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
We are adding a slew of new ways to get Dilithium including most of the Fleet Actions. The Dilithium Refining cap is staying in tact for now, but may increase by the time we hit Season 8.
Well looking at your STF weapon prices I say you might to revise things ... at least general STF Store access or pricing, dont put us in a situation were we have a currency that is devoid of meaning, its the exact same mistake with Fleet Weapons and the Fleet Ships Tier were newer ships cost are made harder to upgrade compared with older ships.
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-24-2012, 01:47 PM
And I've already said in another thread it will hurt only new players. Who'll get MK12 sets... Never.
And that if Cryptic doesn't care for new players, neither should we.

Ppl please, before you open a new thread check if someone already made another one about the same thing.
Empire Veteran
# 79
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
The information on this was already posted in another thread, each mk xii part will cost ~36k dilithium and 5 elite marks and the grind to tier 5 will be ~80k dilithium and over 1500 marks.

Where did you get your numbers from?
it says give or take. wich means in english "some where between"

so you say 36k per item and 5 elite marks wich we do not know the drop rate of.

108.000 dilithium is give or take 14 days.

5 elite marks can be anything from 1-50 weeks depending on drop rate.

and the time to get omega Tier 5 can be anything from 1 week to 40 weeks.

the blog was kinda crap not saying all the numbers and info we need..
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Survivor of Romulus
# 80
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
To help us regrind all these same crappy STF's is one extra one, why havent they added a bunch of new ones, Into the Hive is rubbish and took you 3yrs to make, seriously?

Ive earned what i have got, worked hard for them, i dont like the fact you feel you have to take off me, just to try to get me buy more D, ..............
Closed Thread