Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,323
# 841
10-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
Just for the heck of it, a brief comment on the plan to break up the Borg set.

This is a fundamental misread of what is happening in game. It's not that the Borg set or its combination with others is overpowered, it's that all of the final set bonuses are underpowered, including the Borg 4 piece bonus. The MACO bonus has less firepower than a torpedo, a minimal push effect, and a 3 minute cooldown. Why bother with it? The Borg 4 piece is a standard tractor beam, but with a 4 minute cooldown. Who cares about having that? I haven't tried the Omega or KHG ones yet, but neither looks particularly impressive (the Omega is little more than another long CD tractor beam, and the area stealth bonus from the KHG is definitely not very useful in PvE). That's why no one uses a full set in space: the bonus just isn't worth having, so you're better off picking something with stats you like or else trying to get 2 different 2 piece bonuses.

The 2 piece bonuses (and 3 piece for Borg) actually are worth having. KHG gives a 25% boost to torpedo damage plus extra auxiliary power, the MACO gives better power recharge (boosting energy DPS), the Omega gives a large boost to shield stripping, and the Borg has heals. All of these are far more valuable than any of the 3 piece bonuses.

Give people a full set bonus that they want, and they'll use the full set. That's what's happening in ground combat, while we certainly could use 2 pieces of one set and 2 of another, no one does because they want the team boost and the Integral Remodulator that come from using all 3. Just doing what you're doing now will not change the paradigm you want to change, you'll simply have large numbers of people running 2 pieces of Borg and a more powerful Shield, or 2 pieces of another set to get its bonus plus another item that boosts a stat they value.
You know, on this I'm of the opinion that mixing sets should have their own benefits.

Especially with something like Borg technology it should be able to synergize with anything. So a Borg ship would partially assimilate another set and create a new bonus, slightly different from what the natural bonus is for either set. Let it start with the Assimilated Console and work from that. So mixing sets would create a different strength but not necessarily stronger set of abilities than just any pure set. For instance if you mix with the Reman set, which is Romulan technology then you should have the Borg set upgrade the plasma weaponry of the Reman tech in addition to plasma torpedoes you get the plasma cutting beam.

I was looking forward to mixing Borg tech with other stuff. That did not need fixing.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 842
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
As you already said this has nothing to do wit the grinder directly but with the fleet doffs.

I already provided a much better system to use than this.
The grinder, the grinder, the grinder - why are you so obsessed with the grinder? It is certainly not for doffs for your doffing purposes - because you don't need the grinder for that

I have over 1500 Purples and 1500 blues - less than 1% - one percent - came from the grinder.

So what is this obsession with the grinder?

I told you Cryptic has given you another option to starbase assignment progression that they may want more people to use - the 500xp dilth assignments

By making the costs higher on the grinder - it does ZERO to hurt true doffers - as my example of my roster above states - only hurts starbase projects that are the 1000xp and cost no dilth.

Why don't you stick to and focas on the real issue - do you think Mr Stahl is Stupid?? Don't you think he knows what he is doing and what issue that you are trying to side-step?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,750
# 843
10-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post


Because it is manipulation, and he is lying to us. There is no other rational explanation for these dilithium changes.
Actually, there is. That they really ARE that disconnected from their playerbase. They want to push everyone into fleet actions? Most of those are incredibly long and boring grinds.. assuming they're working!

All I ask is this, would they play this themselves?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 243
# 844
10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
It's time to end the Klingon/Federation War. How Realistic is it to believe that I can fight side by side with a KDF ship fighting the Borg; and once we leave Borg Territory that same KDF Capt fires on my ship because we are "at war"?

This whole thing is starting to feel like a bad comic book.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 845
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The grinder, the grinder, the grinder - why are you so obsessed with the grinder? It is certainly not for doffs for your doffing purposes - because you don't need the grinder for that

I have over 1500 Purples and 1500 blues - less than 1% - one percent - came from the grinder.

So what is this obsession with the grinder?

I told you Cryptic has given you another option to starbase assignment progression that they may want more people to use - the 500xp dilth assignments

By making the costs higher on the grinder - it does ZERO to hurt true doffers - as my example of my roster above states - only hurts starbase projects that are the 1000xp and cost no dilth.

Why don't you stick to and focas on the real issue - do you think Mr Stahl is Stupid?? Don't you think he knows what he is doing and what issue that you are trying to side-step?
It's very simple most of us casual players don't get the time to doff for 6 or 7 hours per day. I get about 45 minutes to spend on setting my doffs on assignments, every so often I will be around when a refugee or exchange mission turns up, even then I have little chance of converting a doff to a purple.

Simply put most of us have jobs and lives, so for me the grinder performs a very simple function it allows me to set assignments that award me whit doffs that I can then grind for little cost up and up to eventually produce purple doffs, I can buy packs the exchange to help with this.

I believe this is how most new players and casual players do things. Most of us are not like you we don't have time to play the system. It's simple as that. You are an outlier no normal person solo's to tier 3 no normal person can grind doffs as you claim to have done.

You are atypical, therefore you hold a skewed and nonconstructive viewpoint about the situation and why most normal players are complaining about it.

Dan already admitted that Dilithium's principle function is to help F2P players gain access to C-Store items. I believe he knows that if there is a problem with fleet vendors that the doff grinder and manipulation of it by creating a huge dilithium sink is not the logical answer to the problem and is about as inefficient as it gets.

I would say about 70% of my purples came from the grinder the rest from colonial chains.

I don't actually know what issue it is I am trying to side-step so inform me what it is I am supposed to be side-stepping?

I already offered up a better way to manage the doff system by providing a special set of doff marks for each discipline that could be award for doing all the current assignments and then used to purchase doffs. Cryptic could set the bar as low or high as they felt comfertable with and it would also allow for people chose doffs from a specific specialism. It's easy, doesn't punish casual F2P players and creates a gate to control the flow of doffs on the market.

Also your posts have gotten more emotional and trolly as this debate has gone on.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-26-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 846
10-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
It's very simple most of us casual players don't get the time to doff for 6 or 7 hours per day. I get about 45 minutes to spend on setting my doffs on assignments, every so often I will be around when a refugee or exchange mission turns up, even then I have little chance of converting a doff to a purple.

Simply put most of us have jobs and lives, so for me the grinder performs a very simple function it allows me to set assignments that award me whit doffs that I can then grind for little cost up and up to eventually produce purple doffs, I can buy packs the exchange to help with this.

I believe this is how most new players and casual players do things. Most of us are not like you we don't have time to play the system. It's simple as that. You are an outlier no normal person solo's to tier 3 no normal person can grind doffs as you claim to have done.

You are atypical, therefore you hold a skewed and nonconstructive viewpoint about the situation and why most normal players are complaining about it.

Dan already admitted that Dilithium's principle function is to help F2P players gain access to C-Store items. I believe he knows that if there is a problem with fleet vendors that the doff grinder and manipulation of it by creating a huge dilithium sink is not the logical answer to the problem and is about as inefficient as it gets.

I would say about 70% of my purples came from the grinder the rest from colonial chains.

I don't actually know what issue it is I am trying to side-step so inform me what it is I am supposed to be side-stepping?

I already offered up a better way to manage the doff system by providing a special set of doff marks for each discipline that could be award for doing all the current assignments and then used to purchase doffs. Cryptic could set the bar as low or high as they felt comfertable with and it would also allow for people chose doffs from a specific specialism. It's easy, doesn't punish casual F2P players and creates a gate to control the flow of doffs on the market.

Also your posts have gotten more emotional and trolly as this debate has gone on.
This will be my last post here as it is a post in the proper thread which you are also trying to control - it looks like you are infact the one who is a profiteer and seems to be very worried.


Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am sorry but i just don't believe you. If you spend half the time in game using the multiple multiple ways that are availble - other than the grinder - to get purples, you would be well on you way to having more than you could handle.

If you are in fact - or anyone - wants purples - they can use the doff system to do it and not the grinder - as I stated I have aquired almost 1500 purples through the doff system - the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples - (something i do not do) and that is where my video was directed.

I am very suspect of your motives here and on the other threads. you should be out doffing.

Don't even try to go down the casual player route - Mr Stahl has made it clear - if you don't have the time he provides you another option to advance - the C-store. End of debate.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 847
10-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
This will be my last post here as it is a post in the proper thread which you are also trying to control - it looks like you are infact the one who is a profiteer and seems to be very worried.
It is interesting that you would want to portray me as such, I assume everyone else in this thread and the colossal doff thread 99% of whom share my opinion must also be equally guilty of profiteering from the system.

Though you know that is borderline paranoid delusional and considering the prices on the doff market at the moment I doubt very many people are making the grandiose profit you seem to claim they are, not to mention it would take quite a fair amount of EC, dilithium and time, something most of us are short on to grind such a prodigious number of purples.

I am indeed worried and quite angry because it was the only way I could get purples for my crew in an easy manner that didn't involve a huge grind or having to be on at the right time to catch the right assignments in the right sector.

It is odd that you've gone from trying to have a serious debate into accusations and name calling, for someone with 1500 purples would you not potentially stand to gain from a ludicrous increase in their cost on the exchange?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 848
10-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
It's very simple most of us casual players don't get the time to doff for 6 or 7 hours per day. I get about 45 minutes to spend on setting my doffs on assignments, every so often I will be around when a refugee or exchange mission turns up, even then I have little chance of converting a doff to a purple.

Simply put most of us have jobs and lives, so for me the grinder performs a very simple function it allows me to set assignments that award me whit doffs that I can then grind for little cost up and up to eventually produce purple doffs, I can buy packs the exchange to help with this.

I believe this is how most new players and casual players do things. Most of us are not like you we don't have time to play the system. It's simple as that. You are an outlier no normal person solo's to tier 3 no normal person can grind doffs as you claim to have done.

You are atypical, therefore you hold a skewed and nonconstructive viewpoint about the situation and why most normal players are complaining about it.

Dan already admitted that Dilithium's principle function is to help F2P players gain access to C-Store items. I believe he knows that if there is a problem with fleet vendors that the doff grinder and manipulation of it by creating a huge dilithium sink is not the logical answer to the problem and is about as inefficient as it gets.

I would say about 70% of my purples came from the grinder the rest from colonial chains.

I don't actually know what issue it is I am trying to side-step so inform me what it is I am supposed to be side-stepping?

I already offered up a better way to manage the doff system by providing a special set of doff marks for each discipline that could be award for doing all the current assignments and then used to purchase doffs. Cryptic could set the bar as low or high as they felt comfertable with and it would also allow for people chose doffs from a specific specialism. It's easy, doesn't punish casual F2P players and creates a gate to control the flow of doffs on the market.

Also your posts have gotten more emotional and trolly as this debate has gone on.
If you are trying to "bait" me it worked only slightly. I will stand with Mr Stahl - he provides many options for players to advance. End of Debate.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 849
10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The grinder, the grinder, the grinder - why are you so obsessed with the grinder? It is certainly not for doffs for your doffing purposes - because you don't need the grinder for that

I have over 1500 Purples and 1500 blues - less than 1% - one percent - came from the grinder.

So what is this obsession with the grinder?

I told you Cryptic has given you another option to starbase assignment progression that they may want more people to use - the 500xp dilth assignments

By making the costs higher on the grinder - it does ZERO to hurt true doffers - as my example of my roster above states - only hurts starbase projects that are the 1000xp and cost no dilth.

Why don't you stick to and focas on the real issue - do you think Mr Stahl is Stupid?? Don't you think he knows what he is doing and what issue that you are trying to side-step?
You have 3000 doffs? So you have about 8 alts with the 400 doff limit? Yeah, you're a FINE example of the average player!!!!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 850
10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
You have 3000 doffs? So you have about 8 alts with the 400 doff limit? Yeah, you're a FINE example of the average player!!!!!
.::Indeed::.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 AM.