Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 54
# 861
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Anwers to some of the questions:

- All existing gear unlocks you've obtained will remain in tact[sp] on your character.
Whew! Given the "all will be converted" stuff I've been hearing, I was somewhat worried that I'd lose my MACO rifles, the MACO ship shield (great design on that, BTW), the MACO deflector shield, and all the other anti-Borg stuff I've got.

However, since the Omega/MACO/Honor Guard stuff will no longer be sold on DS9, doesn't that mean the anti-Borg joint task force won't have any role on the station? Also, if the answer to the former question is "yes," doesn't that mean the Klingons should no longer be allowed on DS9? (Save for the missions in "the 2800" of course.)

Wait - at the end of "Boldly They Rode," Kurland says that the victorious Klingon is welcome at the station. By that logic, wouldn't that mean (if, as seems implied, the joint task force won't have a place on DS9) the only Klingon players allowed on the station would be those who completed "The 2800" and all others would be excluded?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 862
10-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I have to see DS9 as a sort of neutral ground. It might technically be under Federation control, but it's been shared for so long that it stays that way out of tradition.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 863
10-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Well we aren't allowed to speak freely on their forum so why should they be ;P

I honestly think the new dil. costs are more about stalling people's progress than cash.
Ableit if you can make a buck or two while you are at it, it won't hurt none.
This is likely at least a facet of what's going on, because the lame excuses for why all of our converted items will be in a "Safe Deposit Box" until T5 make ZERO sense.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 864
10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
This is likely at least a facet of what's going on, because the lame excuses for why all of our converted items will be in a "Safe Deposit Box" until T5 make ZERO sense.
Honestly if they are being honest and are actually monitoring these threads, the one thing they would have drawn from them is that people are not happy with the much of the changes in Season 7.

What worries me is that they must realize this but have as yet offered no good explanation as to why we shouldn't be worried about the specific changes that are causing the greatest concern... and that troubles me deeply. Because it means they are either ignoring us or have an explanation that they know will not allay our fears but confirm them. :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 865
10-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Honestly if they are being honest and are actually monitoring these threads, the one thing they would have drawn from them is that people are not happy with the much of the changes in Season 7.

What worries me is that they must realize this but have as yet offered no good explanation as to why we shouldn't be worried about the specific changes that are causing the greatest concern... and that troubles me deeply. Because it means they are either ignoring us or have an explanation that they know will not allay our fears but confirm them. :/
Based on Dan's reaction, or lack thereof, it seems to me that they're frozen into this delayed "conversion" scheme. What irks me more than anything else is that he has so far refused to address our concerns about it directly, apparently preferring to simply ignore the wall of disapproval we?re registering. TBH, this situation ranks towards the top when it comes to BS game "support" I've experienced.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 866
10-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Based on Dan's reaction, or lack thereof, it seems to me that they're frozen into this delayed "conversion" scheme. What irks me more than anything else is that he has so far refused to address our concerns about it directly, apparently preferring to simply ignore the wall of disapproval we?re registering. TBH, this situation ranks towards the top when it comes to BS game "support" I've experienced.
Yes personally I'd like to know why they are putting in so many dilithium sinks... I have a feeling the answer is something most of us won't like.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 867
10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Yes personally I'd like to know why they are putting in so many dilithium sinks... I have a feeling the answer is something most of us won't like.
Dilithium is a currency, you're suppsoed to spemd it, not just use it to manufacture zen...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 868
10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
You can get all your stuff returned(converted) to you once you have enough new points from playing to reach tier 5 is the system. Also when you pay all the required dilth to unlock the tiers it will become availible. But you must pay the new dilth costs and get the marks first before you get rewarded you stuff back. At that point you will be able to buy more Borg gear with dilth + marks.

Is it clearer now?
well they are going to have to put a lot of people at ESD or Qo'Nos, most likely they will still have their gear on them and be stranded in space. No Engine + you stuff in a box = no warp power.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 29
# 869
10-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
well they are going to have to put a lot of people at ESD or Qo'Nos, most likely they will still have their gear on them and be stranded in space. No Engine + you stuff in a box = no warp power.
you are misunderstading things

You are not going to lose any gear you have collected already. ie, weapons, shields, etc.

The items they are "locking away" are what is converted from your salvage and edc's.

Go and read the dev's posts in this thread. It's one of the few things they were very clear on.

Last edited by djnooob; 10-27-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 254
# 870 weapon stats
10-27-2012, 08:03 PM
dear cryptic,

when you let season 7 hit,what will happen to my current weapon stats?

i mean,if you gonna change it,will my weapons change with it?
or for example:
i got mk 12 tetryon beam array,does 295 damage.
new stat: 315 damage.

do my weapons transform to the new stats?or am i screwed with 295 damage,and do i need to get 8 new weapons?

thanks for reading.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.