Career Officer
# 871
10-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgressistance View Post
dear cryptic,

when you let season 7 hit,what will happen to my current weapon stats?

i mean,if you gonna change it,will my weapons change with it?
or for example:
i got mk 12 tetryon beam array,does 295 damage.
new stat: 315 damage.

do my weapons transform to the new stats?or am i screwed with 295 damage,and do i need to get 8 new weapons?

thanks for reading.
ok went back and re-read. Misunderstood and misread it the first go around. My bad.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.

Last edited by captw; 10-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 872
10-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Dilithium is a currency, you're suppsoed to spemd it, not just use it to manufacture zen...
According to Dan Stahl it's primary purpose was to allow F2P people a chance to buy C-Store items. It was meant to be converted that's why there is a Dilithium to Zen exchange
Captain
# 873
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
so if I am understanding this right, please correct me if I am wrong, all the gear that I ALREADY have is about to be TAKEN away from me and put in a box, and has been mentioned before I have to run the fraken gauntlet again just to get my stuff back, did I miss anything in that statement? What the Frak were you guys thinking about doing this? This isn't help it's more like mass punishment.

Edit: what about those who have ran the gauntlet and have received the Silver Star and Starfleet Cross accolades, will those be calculated in or was that all for nothing?
Since it seems to be a primary fear it's worth reposting.

The gear that you already have, shields, weapons, sets, things that you have already purchased will be yours to keep. The only difference is that the Borg set is going three piece instead of four

Only currency is being bank vaulted til Tier 5. Weird I know, but you're not losing any equipment you've already bought.

And others have brought up that accolades should definitely be taken into account for tier placement, so you guys that have ground for ages to get this gear get credit. Let's hope that they listen and/or can implement it before S7 drops.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Lt. Commander
# 874
10-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
Only currency is being bank vaulted til Tier 5. Weird I know, but you're not losing any equipment you've already bought.
There's nothing "only" about it. They're stealing our current STF currency, and locking it away for the most dubious and insulting reasons. Hell, so far Dan has been unwiling to even post what the conversion rate will be for individual items. "Just try it out on Tribble!", they say. Well, having a host of stable games available to play on my box, I have no wish to be an unpaid beta tester on a crap server. Be doing things this way they?re treating us like guinea pigs at best, empty-headed morons at worst.
Captain
# 875
10-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
There's nothing "only" about it. They're stealing our current STF currency, and locking it away for the most dubious and insulting reasons. Hell, so far Dan has been unwiling to even post what the conversion rate will be for individual items. "Just try it out on Tribble!", they say. Well, having a host of stable games available to play on my box, I have no wish to be an unpaid beta tester on a crap server. Be doing things this way they?re treating us like guinea pigs at best, empty-headed morons at worst.
I didn't say it was right.

I was specifically responding to the gentleman's anger that they would be taking his gear off of his starship and out of his bank. That is not the case.

As for the currency, I agree 100% that it's a crap deal, chill out.

DStahl posted a few pages back that they've heard the complaints and are going to make adjustments. So for the time being we have to wait to see how he's gonna handle it. If 88 pages of people voicing their concern, outrage, and generally having a conniption doesn't get the adjustments made then if you feel that way please follow through on your design and indulge yourself with your stable.

And testing things on Tribble helps the things that come on to Holodeck, finding all the bugs and problems that we hate so much before they are fully implemented, though of course it should be voluntary. But now that you mention it a dilithium award for useful reviews would be pretty cool. Maybe the ability to transfer dilithium earned on tribble to holodeck.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"

Last edited by captaind3; 10-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Ensign
# 876
10-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I honestly cannot see this ending well. From what I understand, basically we are going from a system with a low % chance of getting the item you want each run, with a slightly better % chance of consolation prizes (IE: EDCs/Borg Salvage) to a system with a ZERO % chance of getting what you want each run, and with a ZERO % chance of any sort of consolation prize, until you run STFs enough to finally unlock access to all STF equipment.

So it seems to be that STFs are going from a gradual curve of slowly earning/equipping better and better STF gear as you play until you finally grind out the gear you want, to a system very much akin to running headfirst into a wall repeatedly. No more gradual increases; you just keep running the same STFs with the same gear, ad nauseum, until you hit the magic arbitrary required number of runs; then you can finally access better gear.

Personally; it was the "Maybe today I will get that prototype salvage" mentality and the occasional EDC's/Borg Salvage drops that kept me running STFs/playing STO (Multiple chars all at Lv 50 is otherwise very boring). Nothing will kill any desire on my part for running STFs then now realising "OK, now I have to run XXX number of STFs first, over months per char, and only THEN I can get my Proto Gear". Oh, and lets not forget it will have a substantial cost per piece in Dil now as well, coupled with a considerable reduction in the Dil rewarded from STFs.

I doubt you will find many new players willing to repeatedly grind STFs dozens/hundreds of times, with no tangable rewards; for months on end, and no chance of being able to use better gear until they hit the magic number of STF completions. And then finally pay very dearly for their STF item.

I can only say that i am very glad that all my chars are already well equipped with STF gear; I certainly would hate to have to earn it under the new system. This is honestly the most un-fun and un-rewarding thing I think you could possibly do to end game/STF players; This "update" reduces STFs to nothing but a combination of pure grindfest and Dil sink.

Last edited by chiisauma; 10-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Rihannsu
# 877
10-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
According to Dan Stahl it's primary purpose was to allow F2P people a chance to buy C-Store items. It was meant to be converted that's why there is a Dilithium to Zen exchange
I remember him stating that as the reason for creating the Dilithium EXCHANGE, but not as the reason for creating Dilithium.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 878
10-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I remember him stating that as the reason for creating the Dilithium EXCHANGE, but not as the reason for creating Dilithium.
maybe it's as simple as a company wanting to increase profits? I know that might be a shocking concept in a Capitalist market - but it has been known to happen before. There has to be at least 1 other company in the world that has increase it's prices this year??

/sarcasim
Lt. Commander
# 879
10-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
As for the currency, I agree 100% that it's a crap deal, chill out.
Chill out? LOL Dude, you don't have a CLUE how phrases like that really work.

Quote:
DStahl posted a few pages back that they've heard the complaints and are going to make adjustments. So for the time being we have to wait to see how he's gonna handle it. If 88 pages of people voicing their concern, outrage, and generally having a conniption doesn't get the adjustments made then if you feel that way please follow through on your design and indulge yourself with your stable.
Well look, we have a not-so-well disguised Cryptic rump-kisser among us, in the flesh. How does being an unpaid flak taste? Also, before you offer any more self-serving, meat-brained advice, I couldn't care less what you think about this sorry situation, so stick a potato in it please. If all you can offer is poorly-packaged contempt when faced with a bit of dissatisfaction, perhaps a change in venue might be needed. Maybe the "ways to serve oatmeal" forum would address your needs.

Quote:
And testing things on Tribble helps the things that come on to Holodeck, finding all the bugs and problems that we hate so much before they are fully implemented, though of course it should be voluntary.
Open your eyes Nobody, it ain't working so well. Bought beta testers coupled with the design teams particpation should be the order. Not 2-days of "give it a try, okay?"
Lt. Commander
# 880
10-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisauma View Post
I honestly cannot see this ending well. From what I understand, basically we are going from a system with a low % chance of getting the item you want each run, with a slightly better % chance of consolation prizes (IE: EDCs/Borg Salvage) to a system with a ZERO % chance of getting what you want each run, and with a ZERO % chance of any sort of consolation prize, until you run STFs enough to finally unlock access to all STF equipment.

So it seems to be that STFs are going from a gradual curve of slowly earning/equipping better and better STF gear as you play until you finally grind out the gear you want, to a system very much akin to running headfirst into a wall repeatedly. No more gradual increases; you just keep running the same STFs with the same gear, ad nauseum, until you hit the magic arbitrary required number of runs; then you can finally access better gear.

Personally; it was the "Maybe today I will get that prototype salvage" mentality and the occasional EDC's/Borg Salvage drops that kept me running STFs/playing STO (Multiple chars all at Lv 50 is otherwise very boring). Nothing will kill any desire on my part for running STFs then now realising "OK, now I have to run XXX number of STFs first, over months per char, and only THEN I can get my Proto Gear". Oh, and lets not forget it will have a substantial cost per piece in Dil now as well, coupled with a considerable reduction in the Dil rewarded from STFs.

I doubt you will find many new players willing to repeatedly grind STFs dozens/hundreds of times, with no tangable rewards; for months on end, and no chance of being able to use better gear until they hit the magic number of STF completions. And then finally pay very dearly for their STF item.

I can only say that i am very glad that all my chars are already well equipped with STF gear; I certainly would hate to have to earn it under the new system. This is honestly the most un-fun and un-rewarding thing I think you could possibly do to end game/STF players; This "update" reduces STFs to nothing but a combination of pure grindfest and Dil sink.
QFT Well said a right on target, sir.
Closed Thread