Captain
# 1 Reputation System
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I just reached Tier I in the Romulan and Omega Systems live on the Tribble Test Server, only to find that every single reward under the new system has a significant dilithium cost. On top of that, every "reward" is a single item unlock. Even the one time use consumables have a dilithium cost. The only item that doesn't have a cost directly attached to it is the passive unlocks that add a minor boost to a stat.

At present, I would rather stick with the current system for obtaining Omega Force Gear. In order to obtain a full Borg retro set, all I need to do is obtain 15 EDCs, or about three hours of work to run 8 STFs on elite. Under the new system a player will need to obtain 750 Omega Marks (60 marks per elite so 13 runs!), 60,000 Dilithium, 30,000 Expertise, 180 Industrial Energy Cells, and 1 day and 16 hours to obtain each piece. This cost is only for the MK X version of the set! Imagine what the costs on the MK XII will be. For the amount of time and effort you have to put into obtaining the gear, this gear is way overpriced. STFs will no longer be about obtaining rewards after working for them. Instead you will not only have to grind for rewards, but you will also have to spend staggering amounts of hard earned dilithium and wait for days in order to obtain the gear.

I am fine with paying dilithium to advance the tiers, it is understandable. However, the gear should not take a day and sixteen hours to obtain one piece, nor should there be a dilithium cost tied to buying the gear. This system could have been based on charging a large number of Omega marks. Anything more than that is double charging players for their effort.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 10-24-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Why are you complaining? That only means new players will never get MK12 set. The game will close before they do...

I mean... If Cryptic doesn't care for new players, why should we?
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Funny how the dev blog went on and on, basically trying to justify why they are doing this, when in fact they are making it harder to get the Mk XII, not that it matters to me really, I already have full sets on a couple of chars, but good to know that there is basically no point in running STFs once S7 launches, guess I will exchange all my excess in for dil, seeing as the conversion won't let me have it til tier 5.