Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
So going back to what Dstahl had brought up awile back that in this new reputation system players that have gone through the "trials" of obtaining there full sets (mark xii ground and space) would be rewarded for their efforts, and not to mention the accolades of doing all the elite optionals. Didnt really specify how we would indeed be rewarded accordingly for our efforts but.

Now I looked over the current blog reguarding the stfs changes, and nothing was mentioned in reguards to this. So was that idea scrubbed or will the system give people unlocks ect, if they have their full mark xii ground,space sets as well as all the accolades they have completed?
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 10-24-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,619
# 2
10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
It's in the blog.

All your old items will be auto-converted and detained until you grind the 5 tiers

/edit

Minus what you are wearing ofc
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
# 3
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
It's in the blog.

All your old items will be auto-converted and detained until you grind the 5 tiers
Are you refering to edc's,prototype borg pieces,ect? Iam aware of that change. Iam refering to people that have obtained full sets "wearing them" and finished most of the accolades dealing with the stfs in general being rewarded for their progress in completing these tasks in the new reputation system.

It was said by dstahl that we would be, as the data "as noted in the blog" took people awile to complete. Indeed was intended to be this way, but it was also stated, now it was eather in a pod cast or some other means that people that have managed to complete their "trials" to obtain these pieces and accolades would be rewarded in the new system. Now Iam not sure if that ment our progress would be updated through the rep system and instead of being at level 1, being at max level or being given a full set of something new *shrug*.

I didnt see anything stated as such in the blog, unless iam missing something.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,619
# 4
10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
You start at level 0 with everyone else

After you put dil and time into grinding out 5 tiers of rep, what you brought over, old salvages etc. are unlocked and auto pushed into the system

The stuff you have equipped stays on you
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
# 5
10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
You start at level 0 with everyone else

After you put dil and time into grinding out 5 tiers of rep, what you brought over, old salvages etc. are unlocked and auto pushed into the system

The stuff you have equipped stays on you
So people who havent kept their edc's proto and used to get dil for the starbase grind they have made, are being shafted in some reguard.

And before I go on this is from the blog itself..

We know it is ?many months? because when we looked at the data, it showed that players were running Elite STFs hundreds of times and still not receiving the drops necessary for this gear. We didn?t really need to look up the data because a handful of players were telling us how frustrated they were that these drops were so rare. This was all marked as ?working as designed? because it was exactly how we set them up. Getting the best gear was meant to be extremely challenging.

The problem, however, is that it?s unfair when someone lucks out and gets the very rare item they need after only playing one elite STF while another person is still running the same STFs over and over hoping to get the drop.

We agree it isn?t fair and are about to change the STF reward structure. We now have a better way to keep the hunt for these items challenging while removing the randomness of drops.


And id like to direct you to the line of "We agree it isn't fair and are about the change the stf reward structure". So the fact remains now that after all the runs some of us had to do, will have to restart pretty much from scratch to get to the max level we should be at this point in time (reputation system for omega) for the amount of runs some of us have done... blows my mind really.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
# 6
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
They also had said current borg weapons were going to be phased out. So the XII borg beam arrays i use are going to what? Disappear?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 7
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't recall them ever saying they were going to reward you for having Mk XII sets. All a Mk XII set really proves is that you did each STF, on elite, once. They were looking into seeing if accolades and whatnot needed to be taken into account in the conversion - and I'm guessing they decided against it as it's hard to tell the difference between someone who did 500 runs on elite and has 300 EDC left over, or someone who did 300 runs on normal and simply never spent any.

Basically, it's just EDC, Salvage and Tech at this point. What you have, you get 'rewarded' in that you get to keep it. Mommy and Daddy Cryptic will just put it on the top shelf for a while and when you're a big boy, they'll give it back to you. What's left of it, anyway. Meanwhile, anything you already bought stays with you, so I am probably going to pimp my shuttles with Mk XII weapons. It doesn't seem likely those VRPS are going to be worth more, or even nearly as much, on the tail end of this than now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
So people who havent kept their edc's proto and used to get dil for the starbase grind they have made, are being shafted in some reguard.
Not really. No more than everyone else, anyway. I've got all the things I bought with them. And the surplus. It's just a bit screwy for the people with incomplete sets. They have a long wait ahead of them. (Though whether that's not quite as long, or longer, is impossible to say.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
They also had said current borg weapons were going to be phased out. So the XII borg beam arrays i use are going to what? Disappear?
Doubtful. They just won't be sold anymore. And the new ones will probably be better.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
# 8
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
I don't recall them ever saying they were going to reward you for having Mk XII sets. All a Mk XII set really proves is that you did each STF, on elite, once. They were looking into seeing if accolades and whatnot needed to be taken into account in the conversion - and I'm guessing they decided against it as it's hard to tell the difference between someone who did 500 runs on elite and has 300 EDC left over, or someone who did 300 runs on normal and simply never spent any.

Basically, it's just EDC, Salvage and Tech at this point. What you have, you get 'rewarded' in that you get to keep it. Mommy and Daddy Cryptic will just put it on the top shelf for a while and when you're a big boy, they'll give it back to you. What's left of it, anyway. Meanwhile, anything you already bought stays with you, so I am probably going to pimp my shuttles with Mk XII weapons. It doesn't seem likely those VRPS are going to be worth more, or even nearly as much, on the tail end of this than now.



Not really. I've got all the things I bought with them. And the surplus.
If I could only remember where I heard it, I know it was from Dstahl himself, eather it being one of the podcasts or something, it was something that was kept in my mind till now, that anyone who has done the challenging task of getting their gear and accolades would be rewarded "didnt specify" in which manner but would be so in the new rep system once it comes out.

Ive done alot of runs, some over the 100 limit "not soley to get gear mind you" but never the less ive put my time in so to speak and when ever I was given an extra proto or rare or what have you drop I automatically turned it into dil for my fleets starbase project, or used on some other dil sink lol. If I known it was going to be like this id of kept it... but again it seems to me anyone who does a new system at first and it takes "long time" to complete, they later come out with a "better' system to replace it, but in the process those who took the time to get things in the previous manner are totally utterly "shafted" so to speak.

There should be an easy way to set it up to see who's done what.. obviously from the blog itself they keep records of this stuff, so why cant those who have done "100s or 200s" of runs of stfs be rewarded for their time correctly in a new system they bring out.

But again.. why work for something when you can just shell cash at it and be something that others had to wait days for *couph couph*

Quote:
Not really. No more than everyone else, anyway. I've got all the things I bought with them. And the surplus. It's just a bit screwy for the people with incomplete sets. They have a long wait ahead of them. (Though whether that's not quite as long, or longer, is impossible to say.)
Oh not saying how I used them was bad, Iam just saying now that this "new system" is coming out, the time ive put into stfs isnt really "recorded" in some degree correctly "to me/my view" because I didnt save my edc's ect which could of been stored for omega in this new rep system.


Quote:
Doubtful. They just won't be sold anymore. And the new ones will probably be better.
Not only this, but most likely require dil to get.


Ill finish with this, I remember going back a few seasons that they were able to reward everyone who put the time and energy into dailies and what have you and be given a certain amount of dilithieum for there invested time, so why cant "and they should to me anyways" be able to do the same for all of us that invested heavily into the stfs. We enjoy them thats why we do them, and will continue to do them in the new system but to me its just "wrong" that there not able to scale the rep system on what we have achieved, and going back to what ive stated, I know it was said from stahl that we would be rewarded for our time. Be nice if the man would come in and say something but I wont hold my breath. Cheers
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 10-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 9
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Ah, you want a MACO / KHG bridge officer.

Can't blame you for that.

The line on the original space warfare specialist bridge officer was that it was for people (in fact, characters) who lost a lot of their accumulated currencies in the conversion, which was an uneven process that took a bigger percentage the more you had. How they're doing the math on the conversion this time though, they haven't yet dare say. If it's an even conversion, where someone with 1000 EDC will get the same amount of Omega Marks/BNP/Dilithium per EDC, salvage or tech than someone with 1/10th of those numbers, I don't think there'll be something like that. And if there is going to be, I don't think they're going to extend the same compensation (not reward) to people who've already spent all of theirs, cause they didn't do that with the dilithium conversion either. It didn't matter how many starcluster missions you'd run. It mattered what you hadn't spent yet, and how much of that you lost.

Though on the matter of the MACO / KHG bridge officer, the old mk XI sets you probably have and that others probably won't bother with buying cause of the dilithium cost and the mk XII on the horizon, should now display on any bridge officer you have wear it. (Except for the Breen/Borg/Jem'Hadar/Reman) So, meh. There's that at least. Half way is better than no way.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're going to be getting another rotten deal, but hey, silver lining...
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
# 10
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Ah, you want a MACO / KHG bridge officer.

Can't blame you for that.

The line on the original space warfare specialist bridge officer was that it was for people (in fact, characters) who lost a lot of their accumulated currencies in the conversion, which was an uneven process that took a bigger percentage the more you had. How they're doing the math on the conversion this time though, they haven't yet dare say. If it's an even conversion, where someone with 1000 EDC will get the same amount of Omega Marks/BNP/Dilithium per EDC, salvage or tech than someone with 1/10th of those numbers, I don't think there'll be something like that. And if there is going to be, I don't think they're going to extend the same compensation (not reward) to people who've already spent all of theirs, cause they didn't do that with the dilithium conversion either. It didn't matter how many starcluster missions you'd run. It mattered what you hadn't spent yet, and how much of that you lost.

Though on the matter of the MACO / KHG bridge officer, the old mk XI sets you probably have and that others probably won't bother with buying cause of the dilithium cost and the mk XII on the horizon, should now display on any bridge officer you have wear it. (Except for the Breen/Borg/Jem'Hadar/Reman) So, meh. There's that at least. Half way is better than no way.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're going to be getting another rotten deal, but hey, silver lining...
To be honest, I (I'm sure others) just want to be recognized in the rep system for my time invested thus far. I dont expect to go instant level 5, but I myself just remember what stahl said about those of us that took the time to get the gear/achievements we did during the current "old busted system" and would like for once to see words--->action.

I wasnt even aware of this maco/kehg bridge officer, but you now have peeked my interest, or was this the veteran bridge officer I used?

Has there been word that maco sets will now be displayed correctly in s7 on our bo's because thats something ive been kinda hoping for.

To me in the end its just one of those one step forwards, two step backwards things. They revamp the stfs and make them "little easier" but make it a challenge to get the high end gear. So we run them to get these gear, and now once again they go back "redo" a system once again, and all the "hard" <- use this word loosely, work we've done thus far is pretty much down the piper and we again have to start from square one.

If I didnt hear what I heard then I wouldnt of brought it up, id just kept doing what I did, but the fact the man stated those of us that did the challenging task to get this gear would be "rewarded" "no definition of what" for time spent in obtaining the gear, to me i should see this in some factor. Not trying to "*****" iam just stating what I feel should be a reasonable thing to happen for those of us that have spent the time doing these.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 PM.