Captain
# 1 Subsystem Targetting
11-11-2012, 11:54 AM
I just noticed this today and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Using a V. Rare Energy weapons officer I have a chance of reducing my cooldown time by 20 seconds on use of any subsystem targetting ability.

Sounds great I thought. So I got the Colonization reman pair and added them to my roster.

I then had another thought, I'll use Beam Target X on my Recon Sci ship in the spare tactical spot, train it up and I'll be able to target subsystems every 10 seconds or so a bit like the other special beam officers like fire at will and overload.

But boy was I wrong on that. The global CD of 30 seconds gets in the way. Now I understand that Global CD has it's uses; but with it, you actually lose out using a Very Rare Doff or by using more than one, unless of course you are only using the "in built" skills of the science ship and the CD on those is so long it's not worth considering.

Of course, no one really uses these skills anyway so it doesn't really matter. So really you've made a Space Duty Officer Utterly pointless, at least in my opinion.

Would be nice to see this fixed perhaps, so I can have my shutdown nuisance science ship in PvP?
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Bump, Bump