Captain
# 41
11-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
LOL - is that Purple MII Borg gear? Did you know that the Borg Proc is useless and Borticus basically said today that they have known it was useless - "Not working as Intended" for a long time but said nothing to the players - keep on grinding - the old stuff is garbage - but hay you can spend dilth on new weapons that they promise will work - fingers crossed!!
Boy you took that whole"not working as intended" bit and blew it totally out of proportion, didn't you?
Career Officer
marry x-mass everyone bend over and take it. the tables not rigged anymore but the game sure is. lets all go play starwars.
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
LOL - is that Purple MII Borg gear? Did you know that the Borg Proc is useless and Borticus basically said today that they have known it was useless - "Not working as Intended" for a long time but said nothing to the players - keep on grinding - the old stuff is garbage - but hay you can spend dilth on new weapons that they promise will work - fingers crossed!!
As far as I know, they still deal damage just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
This is what you are referring to?

I was referring to the set gear...The regular MK XII borg weapons are superseded by fleet weapons anyway. Besides, the Mk XII borg weapons are a cheap way to out fit one's ship with the salvage dropping fairly frequently. The proc not working properly is NOT game breaking, just annoying.

My problem is I don't know whether to turn in the surplus salvage I have in for more dilithium, or just let it get converted to the new system....With the dilithium changes, I am leaning towards cashing them in for dilithium.

Last edited by abystander0; 11-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 44
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm in the same boat. I stocked up on stf currencies hoping I could turn it into a psg with season 7 since that is the one and only piece I can't seem to get. I thought Tribble was going to give us the convincing, but they are all still sitting in my bank. Right now I am to the point any edc that drops I am converting from this point on, while leaving my banked items. I've also been turning them in ec as well as dilithium by selling the Borg engines.
Career Officer
# 45
11-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
That is a nice idea. Something like no deads, the tac cube shoot only at one person or damaged the gate while exploding (ISE) etc
But nothing like Cube died in 5 secs.
Those would certainly encourage team play for better rewards too, and probably specific team compositions, which would be great for fleets that run STFs, and I can imagine an experienced STF team that's maxed out Omega/Romulan reps and has all of their passives, and is decked out in elite Fleet gear, would look for such challenges in STFs once the new STFs have become clockwork.

I once tried killing the gate in ISE using the tac cube's explosion, and succeeded - it was difficult to time the dps and felt cool when we managed it, it felt like something that should reward something, so to speak. Be it an accolade or whatever, things like that would be a nice little bonus.

I wonder if they could have one for killing both B'gers in Into The Hive Space within 10 seconds of eachother? Or even more crazily, chaining all of the tac cubes' explosions so that they all destroy eachother. Now that would be a pretty crazy thing

Adding these things and dilithium rewards for them would only be healthy for STFs, and a nice gesture towards dedicated STF runners.
----
Ensign
# 46
11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
In the main game the only reason I have been playing the STF missions only because that has been the only place for borg salvage. I have given up on the Fleet action queue because it is boring and a waste of my time. I get more out of the invasion zones and do not have to depend on the performance of others. The invasion zones also have a much better story line.

From my experience the ground missions are much more difficult than the space missions and take much longer. However with the new system they may be the only ones I play because of the cortisone and immunity hypos.

If you want to eliminate the current borg salvage replace it with something like the Defri salvage. Then the STF office in DS9 can become a lab where you build some of the latest new borg stuff.

To bring up an earlier comment, performance should not be counted on damage dealt directly. From what I can tell everyone knows the over all system is way out of balance and no effort to balance it has really been made. Tactical is by far dominant and just about every aspect of the game supports this. If a buff increases the damage of everyone on a team, the one who did the buff is considered to have dealt the damage. A healing buff is equal to at least a percentage of the damage healed.
Rihannsu
# 47
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Ummm.... actually.... that was known to at least some of the more observant players.... It's how Bort found out.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 48
11-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Brandon,

Your point isn't going to help the casual player, the hardcore will adjust their play time to collecting the dilithium from its new sources, but fas are tricky business they are not all made equal. A good team can turn around sb24 in a very short period of time while it takes a fleet group to finish CI. Further dps racing is the general solution to getting gold which just doesnt encourage the sort of play folks will like.
Career Officer
# 49
11-06-2012, 04:22 PM
increase in omega marks
Lieutenant
# 50
11-08-2012, 07:03 AM
It what i said before, they play a dangerous games with us, they start to change this game in pay to play

But they forget some people still pay every months for this game and now even if you are a gold member you will have to pay more like a Free member

And i just unlock the first stuff you can buy with reputation and everyone know how that cost in dilitium for up your reputation but don't forget you need pay dilitium for unlock perk and pay dilitium for unlock the weapons in shop and pay 10k dilitium for buy it.

I use something like 5600 dilitium just for can unlock the first assault rifle in the shop. If i want buy it i need 10k more dilitium.

And now even if I'm a Gold member if i want use reputation features i have 2 choices :

-Stop give dilitium to my fleet, and spend all my game time for grind dilitium
-Buy more Zen for can use every features in this games

For be honest i pay every months for this games and feel at the end I need to pay more and have the same problems than free member for use features of this games will me just stop this game.