Career Officer
# 61
10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
y would he lie? he has no reason 2 lie...
He is a truthful person he has never had any reason 2 lie 2 any 1 :p
Career Officer
# 62
10-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Said it before, saying it again. "By the time Cryptic gets around to giving us a PVP Season, they'll have buried us in too much fluff, OP abilities/passives/toys, broken mechanics and shafted us on 3 years work of gametypes & maps. We'll be so buried in that ship that Cryptic will decide it's not worth the sheer amount of work, Gecko will have a little cry at the bed he'll have to sleep in, they'll turn around and decide it's not cost affective anymore and do something else.

As somebody has in their signature "PVP is Never Getting Better."
Rihannsu
# 63
10-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Said it before, saying it again. "By the time Cryptic gets around to giving us a PVP Season, they'll have buried us in too much fluff, OP abilities/passives/toys, broken mechanics and shafted us on 3 years work of gametypes & maps. We'll be so buried in that ship that Cryptic will decide it's not worth the sheer amount of work, Gecko will have a little cry at the bed he'll have to sleep in, they'll turn around and decide it's not cost affective anymore and do something else.

As somebody has in their signature "PVP is Never Getting Better."
QFT, although you forgot the obligatory money grab before shutting down PvP. Something like boxes from pvp maps, with special lobi towards any desired lockbox ship.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Cryptic Studios Team
# 64
10-26-2012, 10:08 AM
The majority of the changes ya'll are talking about are already on Tribble, and I get the feeling that few have actually been run thru the wringer. At least, I'm seeing very little specific feedback on them.

It sounds like the Siphon changes need another tuning pass, but I'd like to hear if anyone has dug deep into the mechanics, or if folks are just going by a gut feeling of It's Not Nerfed Enough.

We have plans to put up Test Items available on Tribble that will grant you all Space or Ground Passive and Active reputation abilities, for the purposes of testing them out. We know that nobody will reach T5 Rep on Tribble, so this is our potential solution. They won't be up this weekend, but we're hoping to get them onto a vendor on DS9 and/or Ganalda by next weekend.

A good sampling of other Reputation- and Embassy-gained items will be on the vendor as well. Again, for hands-on testing and focused feedback.

We're also doing an official Tribble Test Weekend promo soon. Keep your eyes open for the announcement, as I'd love to see a bunch of the PvP community on Tribble that weekend, equipped with the Test items, getting a solid feel for exactly what needs further attention & tuning prior to the launch of Season 7.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 65
10-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The majority of the changes ya'll are talking about are already on Tribble, and I get the feeling that few have actually been run thru the wringer. At least, I'm seeing very little specific feedback on them.

It sounds like the Siphon changes need another tuning pass, but I'd like to hear if anyone has dug deep into the mechanics, or if folks are just going by a gut feeling of It's Not Nerfed Enough.

We have plans to put up Test Items available on Tribble that will grant you all Space or Ground Passive and Active reputation abilities, for the purposes of testing them out. We know that nobody will reach T5 Rep on Tribble, so this is our potential solution. They won't be up this weekend, but we're hoping to get them onto a vendor on DS9 and/or Ganalda by next weekend.

A good sampling of other Reputation- and Embassy-gained items will be on the vendor as well. Again, for hands-on testing and focused feedback.

We're also doing an official Tribble Test Weekend promo soon. Keep your eyes open for the announcement, as I'd love to see a bunch of the PvP community on Tribble that weekend, equipped with the Test items, getting a solid feel for exactly what needs further attention & tuning prior to the launch of Season 7.

That's a deeper issue with the whole testing thing on Tribble. You want feedback on things that had to be earned when its not really the earning that needs to be tested. And dude... Seriously, some of the rewards are just that powerful. 100% random shield pen when shooing at someone AND its type is changed from whatever to kentic? That's just too powerful.

The burny plasma console from the romulans? Well the more different procs a weapon has the more likely it is to have somthing proc. this just adds an unneeded burden to hazzard emitters. The only debuff clearer in space combat for every hil based debuff. It has a fairy long cooldowns compared to how often procs hit it that are needed to be cleare by it.
Solution that would be introduce a non healing version of hazzard emitter that only clears debuffs on a way shorter cooldowns.

Again, I stress this point- the things that need testing sent easily accessed or accessible at all. This is bad, very very bad. And the Tribble test weekend? HAHAHAH surely you're joking right? Every past Tribble test weekend usually means that the season patch is the following week. How much do you actually expect to change in that short of a time frame?

Season 7 is comming out pretty much how it is by mid November.

Seriously, this personal reputation system is a slap in the face of pvprs and you have the gall to force pvprs to get these heavy pvp bonuses only through pve.

-_-
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
That's a deeper issue with the whole testing thing on Tribble. You want feedback on things that had to be earned when its not really the earning that needs to be tested. And dude... Seriously, some of the rewards are just that powerful. 100% random shield pen when shooing at someone AND its type is changed from whatever to kentic? That's just too powerful.

The burny plasma console from the romulans? Well the more different procs a weapon has the more likely it is to have somthing proc. this just adds an unneeded burden to hazzard emitters. The only debuff clearer in space combat for every hil based debuff. It has a fairy long cooldowns compared to how often procs hit it that are needed to be cleare by it.
Solution that would be introduce a non healing version of hazzard emitter that only clears debuffs on a way shorter cooldowns.

Again, I stress this point- the things that need testing sent easily accessed or accessible at all. This is bad, very very bad. And the Tribble test weekend? HAHAHAH surely you're joking right? Every past Tribble test weekend usually means that the season patch is the following week. How much do you actually expect to change in that short of a time frame?

Season 7 is comming out pretty much how it is by mid November.

Seriously, this personal reputation system is a slap in the face of pvprs and you have the gall to force pvprs to get these heavy pvp bonuses only through pve.

-_-
Makes that "measure twice cut once" belief of his real funny to think about doesn't it?
Captain
# 67
10-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Thanks. While some of the lower tier ones look fine, I'll admit the higher tier passives have me worried, specifically the shield heal upon crit and placate upon crit passives. A science focused active skill looks fine on it's own, but with 5 on a team having it, it could cause some upset.

Quote:
Hopefully that'll include the threat scaling science consoles, since those could cause an upset in PvP depending how useful the shield/hull heals are.

Quote:
Thanks for all the information, it's nice to have a dev willing to wade into anger/scorn filled PvP forum .
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Commander
# 68
10-26-2012, 10:51 AM
"hoping" by next weekend? Don't you go live in 3wks? I'll seriously never understand your guys lack of interest in feedback. If this stuff releases one week before launch, as always, no matter how much negative feedback there is, you'll push it anyway. Do you seriously never learn from your mistakes?

Last edited by falloutx23; 10-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Rihannsu
# 69
10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Well to be fair the Vesta focus testing, and the auto level items is a big step up from what we had before.

Let's not kill the messanger even when it bares good news.

Even with Season 7 going live 4 days after testweekend, the broken powers will still be part of the game for a much shorter time, then they would have been otherwise.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
# 70
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
ROFL. When's the last time they gave us a new BO ability that wasn't linked to a console? Here's an idea, actually make this game interesting again by making all your fun p2w abilities available to e1 and make all those consoles something that increases the power of the ship instead like being able to socket two normal consoles in the console and equipping the p2w double console to a specific console slot (I.e. engineering, sci, or tac). You wonder why the game is getting stale for us despite all the pve content you keep adding? Maybe it's because you haven't given us a single new power to train to our officers IN YEARS!

Hey, Matteo may be onto something. Wanna make another handful of cash cryptic? Sell a console that has a "clears all debuffs on you or an ally" with a 1min cd. Hell, make it a teamwide ability to make even more money. That way, every member on a team should have one to chain cross heal/clear each other!