Empire Veteran
# 11
10-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
..... The reputation system for Omega Marks is a good thing.
I understand the logic of having folks obtain Mk XII in some form or another without the 200+ STF runs with no drops in sight. However; it is an end game dungeon, which should be difficult to obtain, and obtained for free.

but it seems with every minor or complete overhaul, there is a hefty price to pay.

My personal gripe is not the inrtoduction of the new Romulan adventure land, or even the complete overhauling of the STF system in general (well maybe a little bit), its the cost to players that accompany those changes. It is even the reduction in Dilithium returns per Elite run as well as the increasing cost to obtain sets and Mk XII items.

Basically it is based around the Dilithium transaction.

So I can't view Season 7 in a positive light, not for the extreme direction that it has taken, of course I am among the vocal minority in the matter.

About the Doff:

You are in error in regards to powergamers are annoyed. I think the free doff packs at the academy helped in the progression of starbases, rest assure for casual gamers they are going to find it extremely difficult to contribute to starbase projects etc..

The Dilithium price tag on the doff packs, the reduction in Dilithium rewards will only increase prices for the common whites needed to even start a starbase, that is prices on the exchange.

Keep in mind that Fleets are now entering the last leg of their starbase tiers, that is tier 4 and tier 5 - That means that common white doff needed will be in high demand. You would think that would decrease the prices, it does not.

There is even the possiblity of those fleets that are about to reach tier 5, will corner the market for those common whites by increasing the prices, manipulating the market.

trust me, CRYPTIC removed the doff not out of concern about fair play, balancing issues, etc... it was removed to force the player base to buy packs from the CStore plain and simple.

Not all players doff, many casual folks do not - However; because of the stabase projects - it forces a player to invest in some kind of doff system.

Here is my take on the doff situation - I don't mind it, only if CRYPTIC made it so that we can pick and choose what doff we need.

the thing is is that when we do open a pack from the academy, or use the doff exchange system - we usually end up with a bunch of Chef, Bartenders, Traders, Advisors.

There are projects that have a high demand for Sensor Doff, Doctor Doff, warp Theorist etc...

You would think that as Captain's of our vessels we have the freedom to select Officrs based on the need of the ship. If the ship lacks weapon experts I have the right to contact the Starfleet and put in a request for weapon expert personnel.

Last I remember Doff Duty Officers were part of my crew. Thats my two cents on the matter.

Last edited by stark2k; 10-25-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 12
10-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
ok. just commenting on these right here.

1. its just one new STF. there is no space portioin to into the hive.

2. actually, it was 3 peice borg ad maco, or whatever else they had that was good if they didnt have maco. and actually, they are more limiting the sets, but adding a second borg set that is weaponry based and includes the console, meaning theres no longer a 4 peice set bonus like the current borg set has, but there are going to be two 3 peice borg sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I am right. Dodds is finishing up the Space portion of the STF secretely and we haven't told Brandon yet

But Brandon is right in that "Into the Hive" refers to the ground portion of the STF. The space portion will probably have its own name.

It is a face off against the Borg Queen diamond as well as some other challenges at one of the unimatrix complexes. It is pretty awesome.

2. 2 piece borg 2 piece MACO, 3 piece borg, and 1 MACO regardless players are going to have to think and work at new builds that won't be the same and one size fits all.

Career Officer
# 13
10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Sorry, it's still just a vocal minority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Pretty sure it is
Okay, prove it.

See plenty of people angry on these forums, see people angry in the Elite STF channels, people angry in the Accolade channel, people angry in the DOFF channels, see people angry in DS9, see people angry at ESD.

So if these are the minorities, then the population is greater than we thought.

But hey, there is always wolves in sheeps clothing.
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
No more praying to Q that you get a tech drop
Tech drop should remain very rare, that part of S7 is not a good change. Especially with the cost that accompany the freebie hand outs (Which is a oxymoron since it will now cost you) via dilithium. MMo's should have an end game dungeon with very rare drops that drop for free.

I guess I have to wait and see how the final version of all this plays out. I am hoping at least for some changes before it hits LIVE, though I doubt it.
The Rep system is interesting, I just wish it was a separate component of the game and not tied into the STfs, thats just my opinion.

Quote:
two new STF's Into the Hive ground, and space
I view these more of add on's than actual true blue content. Though it will be fun to do some new STFs for a change, yet at the same time somethings never change.

We could probably view them as brand new end game dungeons, so I can see that as a positive.

Quote:
updated Borg prosthetic
???? Seriously now? really, lol - no offense

Quote:
MK XII kits
ok now, this perks my interest, it really does. I hope they will have us choose the abilities we want, I highly doubt it, but the idea back then was a great one. I check this as a positive. Hopefully there will be new skills.

Quote:
New powers
Have to see how all this plays out, may spell trouble for an already unbalanced PvP arena

Quote:
Romulan outfits.
I don't know what to say about this, especially I feel for those folks who are longing for a Romulan faction (I know its a pipedream). Besides outfits are moe along the lines of another product on the shelf and may not appeal to everyone, hardly worthy of S7 content.

It will either cost Dilithium, Zen, or Lobi Crystals

Quote:
Vesta Class
Same as all the other CStore ship, its not S7 content per se, its a product that tagged along with S7 to hit the CStore soon. Like we need more ugly cruisers at a 2K Zen price.

Quote:
Revival of Fleet actions with dilithium
any word on the Dilithium reward? Though this is not really a revival of such, more like a tweak on a defunct system.

Quote:
more options to give players different build then the cut and paste 2 piece borg two piece MACO the everyone uses...mean people will have to think outside the box a little
It was a correction more than anything else. It now works as intended, they just added another set to compliment the change.

Overall it seems S7 is more about patching things up, tweaking, and giving us one or two things that is overshadowed by high Dilithium costs and diminishing returns. Aside from the two new STFs (A positive thing I guess, depending how you view it) - there really isn't anything that I deem as groundbreaking improvement.

To sum it all up, S7 will be a bit more costly in the overall of things. Lets wait and see when it hits LIVE so I can make a final judgment on the Season itself.

Just wish Cryptic would introduce a season for once that did not drag along a heft cost in both nerfs, complete overhauls with a Dilithium price, and touch ups and tweaks.

Last edited by stark2k; 10-25-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 15
10-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Okay, prove it.

See plenty of people angry on these forums, see people angry in the Elite STF channels, people angry in the Accolade channel, people angry in the DOFF channels, see people angry in DS9, see people angry at ESD.

So if these are the minorities, then the population is greater than we thought.

But hey, there is always wolves in sheep's clothing.
yeah, when I see DS9 not talking about Gorns, or ESD with whatever random thing they talk about i would agree they they are all angry. the occasional rant someone has in ESD, and then another person shutting that person up is not a mob scene.

Right now I'm sitting in ESD, someone linked the Dev blog and...yeah people still recruiting, and making one man fleets.

Why should I prove it...you made the statement that players will leave in droves. which is the motto for every season update

Career Officer
# 16
10-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Why should I prove it...you made the statement that players will leave in droves. which is the motto for every season update

Why you should prove it? Because you called people here "the minority"? I honestly like you to prove we are.

And this is different than previous Seasons where we had some disagreements. This time, it really hits home for people - especially in the pocket.
Republic Veteran
# 17
10-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Why you should prove it? Because you called people here "the minority"? I honestly like you to prove we are.

And this is different than previous Seasons where we had some disagreements. This time, it really hits home for people - especially in the pocket.
The same why you can't prove the mass leaving, the same way I can't prove...all i go on is the lack of post to views...I mean the big thread next door had 35,000 views , and around 800 people had things to say.

This is no different.

only time will tell who's right...when season 7 hits then we will see.

Career Officer
# 18
10-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
The same why you can't prove the mass leaving, the same way I can't prove...all i go on is the lack of post to views...I mean the big thread next door had 35,000 views , and around 800 people had things to say.

This is no different.

People leaving can be proven very easily, even without Cryptic's numbers. All it takes is to gauge the instances in ESD and the people in the Queues.

And because a thread has 35,000 views with only 800 posting, doesn't mean those viewers don't agree with what's going on.
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:

This is no different.

To be honest I don't really see things changing, I think at first folks will dislike season 7, mainly because change that disrupts a players flow tend to be viewed in a negative light.

However; There is one thing, Season 7 is heavy on the cost and Grind aspect of things. This may very well indeed turn off some players.

If you're a casual gamer, it may hurt you some, despite the fact that D'Stahl expressed that the overhaul to the STF's were to cater for those casual gamers. It is a way to cash in on those casual gamers as well.

They will pay more now than before - actually all of us will, not just the casuals

For a Hardcore gamer that invest about 30hrs to 40hrs a week, can eaily continue to farm Dilithium etc... but truth be told not many players are harcore. Many of us have a life outside of STO. Wives, lovers, Girlfriends, responsibilties with homes and children ect...

So its a balancing act

Is Season 7 a bad season? In my own and honest opinion it is the worst season ever put out by Cryptic. However; its my opinion and I am only one individual.

I'll leave the true final judgment to the playerbase ingame.
Republic Veteran
# 20
10-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
People leaving can be proven very easily, even without Cryptic's numbers. All it takes is to gauge the instances in ESD and the people in the Queues.

And because a thread has 35,000 views with only 800 posting, doesn't mean those viewers don't agree with what's going on.
I wish you luck on the head counting in the game..make sure you count the full instances that don't show up in the map. I would, but that would be a 24 hour, 7 day week thing...I'll leave that to cryptic.

and it also does not mean they do or they don't unless one was psychic ..."Who posts comments on the Internet more, people who are content or people who are discontent"

Last edited by neoakiraii; 10-25-2012 at 02:01 AM.