Career Officer
# 1 DOME OF DOOM for pvp matches
10-24-2012, 12:50 AM
hi all,
posted this in another thread, but infact i guess it deserves it's own :

Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
so one suggestion at least could be some kind of "dome of doom". for those who arent aware of what that is (i know it from bf2 mods):
when you get into a set radius around the others faction base-spawn (what about more spawnpoints at all?! ), you will get a counter connected with a slow death. so move out of the dome, or die.
what do you think?

edited made suggestions:
- dome of doom (11-12k around spawnpoint in c&h maps; strong hull-drain which forces enemy players to immediately get out or die)
- idle kick time for afk'ers between 20sec/around 2 min. (if not have left own dome/did not respawn)

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc, "I.K.S. ET'T'PRS" / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste, "U.S.S. WASTEJUTSU"
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)

Last edited by wast33; 10-25-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Not sure if this is a great idea while AFKing is still an issue.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 3
10-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Not sure if this is a great idea while AFKing is still an issue.
...so, in connection with that, idle-kick-times (just like in any shooter i know) should be introduced.

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc, "I.K.S. ET'T'PRS" / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste, "U.S.S. WASTEJUTSU"
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)

Last edited by wast33; 10-24-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
...so, in connection with that, idle-kick-times (just like in any shooter i know) should be introduced.
Possibly, but what kind of time frame do you think it should be?

The 'AFKer' might just not have the desire to play, but there isn't anything stopping them from sitting at the keyboard and just chatting in channels or pming their mates while the match is going on.

It could work with more thought put in...

Eg, If they don't leave the 'DOME OF DOOM' after a certain time they get booted etc...
Career Officer
# 5
10-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjam0 View Post
Possibly, but what kind of time frame do you think it should be?
around 3-5 mins i would suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjam0 View Post
Eg, If they don't leave the 'DOME OF DOOM' after a certain time they get booted etc...
that sounds like a good idea . also i would suggest a range around 11-12k for the dome (enough to not get shooted by enemies on respawn).

Last edited by wast33; 10-24-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Captain
# 6
10-24-2012, 06:11 PM
3/5 minutes? that's insane, no more than 20 sec.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 7
10-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
seems quite not enough to me. shouldn't there be enough time to go in the bath and come back?! ...

so... what about around 2 minutes? (i guess 1 at least it should be).

also the effect which leads to death should be powerful, not slow i guess ^^.

Last edited by wast33; 10-25-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Captain
# 8
10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Just like battlefield, if you get close to the enemy base you have 10 seconds to turn around or you will die, simple and effective.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
i cant see why a timer would even be good. remember the old tactis of a team with a cloaked defiant? that guy could be flying around for a whole 2 mines till a decloak with an alpha to finish off a target. also kick votes are out of the question. what about quagmire? he sucks so badly but still trys to pvp. i can see every team kicking him and then he will never beable to play. sure i hate when hes on my team but i still would not kick.
Career Officer
# 10
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Just like battlefield, if you get close to the enemy base you have 10 seconds to turn around or you will die, simple and effective.
...just to be clear:
with the 20 sec. up to 2 min. timer an afk timer is meant. so people who not respawn after deathcounter is down, or leave the own dome within that given time, will be kicked from game .

as for the dome's timer i would be fine with 3-5 sec. timer (so no time for a quick kill).

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
i cant see why a timer would even be good. remember the old tactis of a team with a cloaked defiant? that guy could be flying around for a whole 2 mines till a decloak with an alpha to finish off a target.
--> above. depends on the range of the dome and the timer given i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
also kick votes are out of the question. what about quagmire? he sucks so badly but still trys to pvp. i can see every team kicking him and then he will never beable to play. sure i hate when hes on my team but i still would not kick.
i'm also not with kick-votes. but an afk-timer may at least could lower the rate of afking.

so i would like to know, what you think would fit as combination of dome's-range and kill-timer?
another question is: how long an afk-timer should be in your opinion?

Last edited by wast33; 10-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.